Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Has the current President of the United States empowered white supremacists?
Yes 118 57.28%
No 88 42.72%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2018, 07:07 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,915,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Originally Posted by T0103E
Maybe, but they're an unbelievably small percentage of the population.

Regular people who don't believe in political correctness have been empowered, but they aren't white supremacists. They just feel like it's okay to speak their true thoughts and call out obvious BS.

So... who are "regular people"?

According to progressive liberals; conservatives should be arrested if they speak their minds. In fact, THAT is exactly what is starting to happen.

If a conservative is speaking at a college and someone in the crowd starts a fight or breaks things the speaker as well as the protestor can also be arrested and charged with breach of peace.

Can you honestly say the right are free to speak their minds when every time they do there are riots and chaos from the left? Did you forget Antifa shutting down EVERYTHING conservative, Berkeley students trying to shut down Shapiro and later Coulter, Elon U students trying to shut down Kathleen Parker, Gavine Mcinnes being pepper sprayed by protestors, and Charles Murry (a Libertarian) shut down completely by protestors, he later posted "Middlebury administrators were great; The students were seriously scary." and on and on and on.

Can you, with a straight face, say and actually believe that "we have always been allowed to speak our minds"?

That's about like a thug blaming the victim for starting a fight. It's twisted logic.

Can anyone in here post an instance where a liberal speaker was shut down, riots broke out, cars were burned... anyone?

I'd say we are the actual "regular people" while the left have become the dangerous totalitarian extremists.
I've never heard anyone argue that someone should be arrested for speech. Are you sure people are really saying that?

As far as being "Free to speak your mind" is concerned. You are. And pretty much always have been.

It doesn't mean there won't be consequences of said speech, however. And, outside of the government's response to your speech, that has always been the case. It also doesn't mean "freedom to be heard", nor is it a guarantee of an elevated platform for your speech.

Because other people, ALSO, have the right to their speech. And sometimes that speech is in direct opposition to your speech. You don't live in a vacuum.

Old 04-07-2018, 07:07 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,710,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
How many of the Klan(a spawn of the Democrat party) do you know that voted for Trump?
Oh sure, the Klan are democrats. And I am a trillionaire. Peddling lies, that is all the G.O.P. ever does besides scheme on ways to rob the working class and poor of wages.

Old 04-07-2018, 07:10 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,794,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
I've never heard anyone argue that someone should be arrested for speech. Are you sure people are really saying that?

As far as being "Free to speak your mind" is concerned. You are. And pretty much always have been.
NO, I'm typing my mind. Do you understand the difference between typing in a forum and speaking your mind in public? I'd have to think you do, so the notion that because I can anonymously type my mind in this forum is somehow the same as speaking openly in public is dishonest and condescending.

Again, can anyone post a liberal being shut down by conservative protestors?

Old 04-07-2018, 07:12 PM

41,970 posts, read 75,229,826 times
Maybe not empowered, but definitely emboldened.

Old 04-07-2018, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Oh sure, the Klan are democrats. And I am a trillionaire. Peddling lies, that is all the G.O.P. ever does besides scheme on ways to rob the working class and poor of wages.
I love when people use the "KKK are the Democrats!!!" line...ignoring, of course, that there was this thing called the "Southern Strategy" and the reality of Southern Democrats aligning with the Republican party over many decades.

The Conservative Fantasy History of Civil Rights

How Southern Democrats Became Republicans: A Case Study of Carroll County, Mississippi

Old 04-07-2018, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
Sounds like you live in a bad neighborhood. Never knew an old guy like that. Why does Trump have those type of people near him or is he just pandering to anyone that will listen????
Sure. There is nothing wrong with Trump - it's just the 2/3 Americans who think he is a fascist pig that can't see properly. Uh, huh. BTW, isn't it interesting how much he loves Duterte (the president of the Philippines who sends death squads out to kill suspected drug dealers, no trial, just go out and hunt them down and blow their brains out. Trump praised him for that -- said it was great the way he was handling the drug problem. Does this mean you think Trump should just send out death squads into the streets of America to kill whoever he says to kill? He is actually getting close to this by ordering troops to go to the southern border and having ICE kidnap people from churches and hospitals. This is Fascist America. It is not a nice place. It can only get worse because Trump has insulted all our allies except for the worst ones like Saudi Arabia. He is a moron, just as many have said behind his back. He is a narcissistic fool and an ungodly man claiming to be a "good Christian". He has zero respect for women.

Old 04-07-2018, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
NO, I'm typing my mind. Do you understand the difference between typing in a forum and speaking your mind in public? I'd have to think you do, so the notion that because I can anonymously type my mind in this forum is somehow the same as speaking openly in public is dishonest and condescending.

Again, can anyone post a liberal being shut down by conservative protestors?
I never talked about "typing" - so I really don't understand your response.

I'll say this again, though:

Freedom to one's speech has never meant a freedom from all consequences of said speech (unless you're talking about the Government, specifically). Nor has it ever meant that you have the freedom to any platform for your speech. And it has never meant that others have to listen to your speech without also speaking their mind.

You want to say unpopular things? Be prepared for the consequences of that speech.

Welcome to living in a society with other people.

Old 04-07-2018, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post

It doesn't mean there won't be consequences of said speech, however. And, outside of the government's response to your speech, that has always been the case. It also doesn't mean "freedom to be heard", nor is it a guarantee of an elevated platform for your speech.

Because other people, ALSO, have the right to their speech. And sometimes that speech is in direct opposition to your speech. You don't live in a vacuum.
Well said. Freedom of speech does not mean that our words cannot bring consequences such as when advertisers pull ads from offensive news outlets, etc... Words have power. They should be spoken after thoughtful reflection rather than just blurted out without considering where they will go and what consequences they can bring. No yelling fire in a theater, for example and we have had several kids arrested recently for making threats to shoot up schools.

Old 04-07-2018, 07:30 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,380,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenSJC View Post
I think that this is an important discussion.
White supremacists don't exist.

Old 04-07-2018, 07:42 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,899,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
White supremacists don't exist.
They exist as do two headed snakes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies