Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Has the current President of the United States empowered white supremacists?
Yes 118 57.28%
No 88 42.72%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2018, 03:20 PM

27,658 posts, read 16,147,064 times

Advertisements

No. However, attention has increased from msm/Dems to use as political leverage.

Old 04-06-2018, 03:23 PM

27,658 posts, read 16,147,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Trump's response to Charlottesville had the effect of normalizing white supremacy.
Only in the eyes of brain dead msm bootlickers

Old 04-06-2018, 03:52 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,369,310 times
Did any of those who voted yes see the state of the union address earlier this year? I don't know how anyone who did could vote yes.

File this with the polls about UFOs, and Elvis being still alive.

If anything, the few white supremacists still around in the 21st century were more empowered by President Obama. After all, he consistently tried to divide Americans by race, same as the supremacists. I could give many examples of this, but just one will do: Obama made Al Sharpton a significant advisor. Al Sharpton, the same guy whom liberal Juan Williams has excoriated as a race baiter and divider.

Old 04-06-2018, 03:54 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Trump's got more dog whistles than Petco.
LMAO...and PetSmart, ASPCA and every kennel club across America.

Old 04-06-2018, 03:55 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,794,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post
Yea, that has nothing to do with the fact that the government refuses to label to label white supremacist groups, as white supremacist groups, or that white supremacist groups go out of their way to create new titles for themselves (the alt-right).

Don't know what gangs have to do with the discussion.
The only people who defend gangs are the people who defend white-supremacists, which is essentially a gang.
Most normal people think that gangs are bad, and something should be done about them.
You answered your own question. You don't know what gangs have to do with it, then say supremacists are gangs. That is what I define them as, gangs. I'd like someone to tell me the difference between a black or Hispanic street gang and white supremacist thugs. The only thing I see are people, color doesn't matter, who want to hurt others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
What racist policies has he enacted?
He's so racist he offered 3x more (1.8m) undocumented aliens a path to citizenship than the Dems asked for.

The Dems walked away from the deal making them the racists. They're using these young people as pawns and I think that's backfiring on them.

Blacks and Hispanics have the lowest unemployment rates in 30-40 years. Poverty rates are slowly coming down.

Not bad for the orange haired boogeyman racist. I'm sure all these great stats are in spite of him, or because of Obama. What happened to all of the hate for GWB? Isn't he still to blame for something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Did any of those who voted yes see the state of the union address earlier this year? I don't know how anyone who did could vote yes.

File this with the polls about UFOs, and Elvis being still alive.

If anything, the few white supremacists still around in the 21st century were more empowered by President Obama. After all, he consistently tried to divide Americans by race, same as the supremacists. I could give many examples of this, but just one will do: Obama made Al Sharpton a significant advisor. Al Sharpton, the same guy whom liberal Juan Williams has excoriated as a race baiter and divider.
THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^!

Old 04-06-2018, 04:00 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
How would Trump "empower" white supremacists, exactly?

Explain it to me as if you are a hypothetical white supremacist. What in the US has changed based solely on Trump that now empowers your philosophy either theoretically or practically?
All of a sudden, these folks are getting very slick mouthed and talking greazy at a much higher volume than they use to do. They said it themselves that they now feel empowered by Trump. Of course, Trump does and says nothing to contravene that notion. In fact, he encourages it.

So yes...Trump has put a battery in the back of these extremists.

Old 04-06-2018, 04:01 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,794,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
All of a sudden, these folks are getting very slick mouthed and talking greazy at a much higher volume than they use to do. They said it themselves that they now feel empowered by Trump. Of course, Trump does and says nothing to contravene that notion. In fact, he encourages it.

So yes...Trump has put a battery in the back of these extremists.
All 27 of them

Were you whining about how Obama being elected empowered black power extremists who openly cried to murder whites and to target white mothers and children so they wouldn't reproduce?

Old 04-06-2018, 04:20 PM

62,993 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Empowered them to do what and how did he supposedly empower them?

Old 04-06-2018, 04:34 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,622,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenSJC View Post
I think that this is an important discussion.

Only if you buy into the absurd leftist assertion to begin with. Don't forget that this is nothing new, as they tried the same crap with Reagan and Bush.
They try to divide people and know they must hold the blacks and/or gain other minorities to have a chance to win.

Real white supremacists like Nazi's might prefer Trump over Hillary, but that hardly is any surprise. Real communists prefer Hillary over Trump, but liberals and the media don't go around saying Hillary is a communist because of their support.

`

Old 04-06-2018, 04:43 PM

7,276 posts, read 5,288,966 times
Yes...and no.

The obvious lean towards saying yes was the original hiring of Steve Bannon. That in itself gave national prominence to the white supremacists, where a presidential candidate put on his cabinet someone from that belief system.

The demographics of Trump's victory do also raise an eyebrow. No one dreamed the rust belt would flip. And the stereotype of who voted for Trump could make people believe this was another door opened.

IMHO Trump has been the most unique POTUS in my 58 year lifetime. His voice rang out to people who somehow never heard the words of previous POTUS's or candidates. Trump has said so many things that to me are just curious, and his words can ring out to groups of people who the majority has tried to suppress.

I think Trump has given lots of groups podiums for voices who have been struggling to get them for a long time. I personally do not like some of these groups and wish they were still "buried". But at the end of the day this country spoke, not Trump. Trump just sold himself, that's all. And he targeted his groups with great accuracy, as the results have proven.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies