Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2018, 10:47 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,635,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
Apparently, I understand it more than you or anyone else posting here. Muller himself came out today and cautioned against all the unnamed sources of his investigation reporting #fakenews. You people are so biased that you have become blinded by it. Speaking the truth in a clear accurate voice is not spin.
Did he? Where? When?

Really?

Oh I smell more fake BS

Old 04-17-2018, 10:49 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post
I missed that article earlier (got to stop trying to argue race issues on here, it's pointless), thanks.
The 'blog' I linked to took it a step further (without much proof), and said that 2 of the Mafia bosses actually rented space in El Caribe, and used it to run their operations. If true, Cohen's family were the landlords to the Mafia, at a time Michael would have been old enough to be involved.
You seem to enjoy this even more than I do, so if you're calling it hyperbolic, I'll keep my expectations in check.
My bad--I didn't read your link before saying that--
Just thought it was retelling story I referenced which was little less picturesque in Rolling Stone...
That is little more like the hangout /social club the Mafia used in "A Bronx Tale"
Not just a Saturday night bar thing it sounded like

I guess we who don't live in certain towns just don't understand how "normalized" being around criminal elements can be in certain cities and areas--
In LA you used to have the Crips and the Bloods and in Brighton Beach you have the Russian Mafia
Even in the Neil Simon play Brighton Beach Memories the uncle was lower level gangster so it was happening for decades...

Cohen was the perfect guy to facilitated Trump's Russia involvement
Trump's former attorney was on Ari Melber's show this PM -- pretty old--maybe 80s--he quit Trump (fired/retired???) in 05 and Cohen started in 06...so out with the old, in with the new and (maybe) more criminal

Old 04-17-2018, 10:58 PM

Quote:
The Mafia doesn't rent.They buy to own.
The owner of the bar was likely in good graces with the powers that be--
Everyone was working to keep everyone happy--show respect to those above and receive it from those below
Cohen's uncle was likely being paid off with the rent for other services he provided

Supposedly Cohen's father in law was the one who put him in Trump's orbit--his father in law was taxi mogul and had other business interests--he supposedly showed Russian money how to "invest" with Trump
So Trump took in Michael as a favor to his father in law
Although Cohen denies that version

Old 04-17-2018, 11:12 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,734,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
The owner of the bar was likely in good graces with the powers that be--
Everyone was working to keep everyone happy--show respect to those above and receive it from those below
Cohen's uncle was likely being paid off with the rent for other services he provided

Supposedly Cohen's father in law was the one who put him in Trump's orbit--his father in law was taxi mogul and had other business interests--he supposedly showed Russian money how to "invest" with Trump
So Trump took in Michael as a favor to his father in law
Although Cohen denies that version
Some of the article is accurate. Some of the article is speculation.

Old 04-17-2018, 11:15 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,814,474 times
Quote:
My God, talk about hearing what you want to hear. You literally made all if this up in your mind.

Hannity said over and over again that he spoke to Cohen several times about Real Estate deals he was interested in and how they might be structured. Never has Hannity inferred that Cohen may have performed Illegal work for him. Why would Hannity say such a thing if it was true? That would be stupid of him to infer such a thing. Attorney-client privilege would still be in effect because there was a meeting of the minds. Money does not have to change hands for it to be in effect.
I am beginning to think that Hannity is/was in the Trump/Russian "Real Estate deals" investment gravy train.

Old 04-17-2018, 11:40 PM

Hannity didn't really need to launder money though unless he was trying to hide it from the tax man--(which is tax fraud) and money laundering was big part of Trump's success with Russians and real estate deals
RE developers don't have to really know the source of funds like banks for example are supposed to "know" so they don't enable illegal money from drug deals and stuff--
Of course they do---but they are supposed to be front line defense...
Like Cohen's 130K check was supposed to trigger the investigation leading to the search warrants from the BANK'S response/red flag trigger...
Not from anything someone saw Avenatti say...

Old 04-17-2018, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Some of the article is accurate. Some of the article is speculation.
Speculation makes it sound imaginary--
Try "undocumented" or circumstantial
We all know people go to jail based on circumstantial evidence all the time...
Some of that stuff couldn't be proven unless you were inside the club literally and figuratively and speaking about it would get you killed...

Old 04-17-2018, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
I am beginning to think that Hannity is/was in the Trump/Russian "Real Estate deals" investment gravy train.
As far as putting him in deals to keep him sweet--
I can see that--
Because Hannity is as greedy as Trump
Hannity would be the Ned Beatty character in "Deliverance"--
The "soft" guy...

Old 04-17-2018, 11:45 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,394,400 times
It's a shame that James Comey has tainted any possible case (in this witch hunt looking for one) beyond the shadow of a doubt. An FBI director involved in the investigation published a book hostile to the subject under investigation, and that subject happens to be a POTUS! Good luck!!

This is absolutely over and everyone knows it. James Comey may as well be Trump's best friend. There is zero possibility that anything moves forward. Even for a non-significant person this would be extremely suspect. For a president its an absolute non-starter. Every lawyer in the nation knows it, including Mueller. What happens from here on out is bread and circuses more than it already was, likely perpetuated by the anti-Trump media for as long as possible to obstruct the administration and waste its time and resources for as long as possible. Clowns... but hilarious clowns. The textbooks will have a field day with you in coming generations!

Old 04-17-2018, 11:50 PM

Go to a forum that cares--
This is not about Comey
COHEN is the topic...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies