Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2018, 05:11 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,807,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
And if Hannity is such a big time real estate developer wouldn't he have a tax accountant and/or lawyer already to handle his business?
One would think so.

He lives in a wealthy area not far from me. I don't know if he has a place in the city as well. He makes $30 million a year or so, yet goes to Cohen to get free advice about real estate?

Lordy, I hope there are tapes!

Old 04-17-2018, 06:23 AM

5,277 posts, read 2,801,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Except, Mueller is not involved. This is a NY case, and Trump can't pardon anyone found guilty.

But nice attempt at spinning or did you really not understand this?
The courtroom disclosure about Mr. Hannity occurred during the expanding criminal investigation into Mr. Cohen by the United States attorney’s office in Manhattan. F.B.I. agents.

Do you see the name State of New York above?

This is in a Federal Courtroom and FBI case. Trump can pardon Federal convictions.

Old 04-17-2018, 06:43 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,888,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
Say's you and everyone else out there. You insist Trump didn't pay Taxes yet Rachel Madow herself in what was supposed to be a hatchet job on Trump proved he paid a lot in taxes. If that bit of truth is lost on you it's impossible for you to ever look at anything in a nonbias way, and still a fool.
My point was that Trump promised more than one he would RELEASE his taxes---
And we are still waiting...
So another example of a man who lies, lies, lies...

Old 04-17-2018, 06:54 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,088,583 times
Sorry, Donald. I know you'd like to abuse your powers here, but the federal judge ain't having it.

https://twitter.com/AJEnglish/status/986178721085313024

Old 04-17-2018, 07:13 AM

57,317 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
When in doubt, turn to whataboutism. Right?
Who knew that Stefanopoulos worked for the Clintons, shocking news.

Old 04-17-2018, 07:13 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,888,047 times
Watching "Morning Joe" for past few minutes and not impressed with how they are understanding the Hannity part of the court hearing yesterday
They think Cohen's team should just have passed her the paper w/Hannity's name and not read it
They think that is how they screwed up and "outed" Hannity yesterday when he wanted to be "protected"
But that isn't what happened
Judge Wood was willing to take the name of client #3 and only reveal to the SDNY team and I guess to Trump's team who supposedly might not have known who #3 was--attorneys' clients don't usually know who all are other clients...

Then another lawyer entered the fray--Robert Balin--he cited his firm--I thank Davis Wright Tremain--she asked his reason and he said he represented the interest of the public to KNOW the name of the client--
He said he was working for NYTimes, ABC News, CNN, 5 news organizations--and he wished to ask for the public release of the name...that it was in the public's interest in seeing justice to be done that the name should be made public...
Now remember the judge had already said that she didn't understand why this guy's name should be protected and the only response she got was that he was a very well-known man who didn't want his name associated with the Cohen investigation after all the media attention--wanted to avoid embarassment and maybe impression his contact w/illegal...
Well==we know part of that came from Trump and Hannity going ballistic about the DoJ overreaching

The judge listened to Balin--"I understand he (#3) doesn't want his name out there, but that's not enough UNDER THE LAW (my caps)" she said. Balin was the only attorney there who actually cited case law to support his point. He cited a Supreme Court Justice in stating why the public's need to see justice done in public gave them confidence in their government...
Can't find the exact quote...
But it was the ONLY case law actually cited and apparently Judge Wood appreciates an attorney who knows case law...
Balin got the public reveal...

The Morning Joe people apparently didn't read any close discussion of what took place because they through it was still possible for Hannity's name to stay private among the lawyers--
That was not the case

Joyce Vance on MSNBC said yesterday that Cohen's paranoia was what caused Hannity's names to be revealed
That IF Cohen had allowed the 'taint" team to do its job AND Hannity had no illegal actions in what was in his information--that the taint team never would have revealed his name as Cohen's client--
His file would not have been passed to the prosecution team and no one but Cohen and Hannity would have been the wiser
But acting like there was something to CONCEAL brought Cohen's attorneys out to protect Hannity's name --they called attention to who #3 was--and their incompetence to bring a legal argument to keep it private (there was no real legal support for that but they could have argued better) well-
They caused Hannity's release...

Maybe that was their purpose--
Another deflection--
Now we are talking about Hannity vs the fact that Cohen had 3 clients in a year's worth of work as an attorney--
So not an attorney except for Trump really--Broidy's work was a Xerox copy and 3 days of "fixing"...
And Hannity is certainly trying to keep his distance from Cohen...

Last edited by loves2read; 04-17-2018 at 08:11 AM..

Old 04-17-2018, 07:44 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,461,898 times
Quote:
Funny thing was, I just visited Prague.

Drove there from Germany. There is NO border control to get any stamp. The Cohen/Hannity denial is pure deflection. There is no way to get a stamp if you want to, and that disappointed my girlfriend.
Wow, so offering up the absence of a stamp as proof that someone had not visited the country is pretty lame. An excuse, but not a reason.

Old 04-17-2018, 07:52 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times
Hannity claimed that Cohen did not do any "legal" work for him.

A few things about that statement:

1) Hannity has publicly denied any attorney/client privilege exists.

2) Subliminal message, "Cohen may have done "illegal work" for Hannity.

3) The work Cohen has done for his other two, of his total of three clients, has been to pay off mistresses who his clients had affairs with.

Makes one wonder why Hannity is so nervous about this. Good thing there is no attorney-client privilege so that the business dealings Hannity had with Cohen can be investigated.

Old 04-17-2018, 08:05 AM
Noc

1,435 posts, read 2,070,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Waiting "Morning Joe" for past few minutes and not impressed with how they are understanding the Hannity part of the court hearing yesterday
They think Cohen's team should just have passed her the paper w/Hannity's name and not read it
They think that is how they screwed up and "outed" Hannity yesterday when he wanted to be "protected"
But that isn't what happened
Judge Wood was willing to take the name of client #3 and only reveal to the SDNY team and I guess to Trump's team who supposedly might not have known who #3 was--attorneys' clients don't usually know who all are other clients...

Then another lawyer entered the fray--Robert Balin--he cited his firm--I thank Davis Wright Tremain--she asked his reason and he said he represented the interest of the public to KNOW the name of the client--
He said he was working for NYTimes, ABC News, CNN, 5 news organizations--and he wished to ask for the public release of the name...that it was in the public's interest in seeing justice to be done that the name should be made public...
Now remember the judge had already said that she didn't understand why this guy's name should be protected and the only response she got was that he was a very well-known man who didn't want his name associated with the Cohen investigation after all the media attention--wanted to avoid embarassment and maybe impression his contact w/illegal...
Well==we know part of that came from Trump and Hannity going ballistic about the DoJ overreaching

The judge listened to Balin--"I understand he (#3) doesn't want his name out there, but that's not enough UNDER THE LAW (my caps)" she said. Balin was the only attorney there who actually cited case law to support his point. He cited a Supreme Court Justice in stating why the public's need to see justice done in public gave them confidence in their government...
Can't find the exact quote...
But it was the ONLY case law actually cited and apparently Judge Wood appreciates an attorney who knows case law...
Balin got the public reveal...

The Morning Joe people apparently didn't read any close discussion of what took place because they through it was still possible for Hannity's name to stay private among the lawyers--
That was not the case

Joyce Vance on MSNBC said yesterday that Cohen's paranoia was what caused Hannity's names to be revealed
That IF Cohen had allowed the 'taint" team to do its job AND Hannity had no illegal actions in what was in his information--that the taint team never would have revealed his name as Cohen's client--
His file would not have been passed to the prosecution team and no one but Cohen and Hannity would have been the wiser
But acting like there was something to CONCEAL brought Cohen's attorneys out to protect Hannity's name --they called attention to who #3 was--and their incompetence to bring a legal argument to keep it private (there was no real legal support for that but they could have argued better) well-
They caused Hannity's release...

Maybe that was their purpose--
Another deflection--
Now we are talking about Hannity vs the fact that Cohen had 3 clients in a year's worth of work as an attorney--
So not an attorney except for Trump really--Broidy's work was a Xerox copy and 3 days of "fixing"...
And Hannity is certainly trying to keep his distance from Cohen...
This has been the Trump et al mantra since January 20, 2017. Mind boggling!

Old 04-17-2018, 08:06 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Who knew that Stefanopoulos worked for the Clintons, shocking news.
Yea back in 1992 and then he left in 1996.

He wrote a book about his experience called "All Too Human" which presented a very unflattering picture of Bill and Hillary Clinton.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies