Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2018, 09:48 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,824,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
You know if you started a new thread with the comment that Trump was adverse to those new sanctions it would just be melded into something else...

Re Hannity--
Rachel Maddow played the clip where Hannity had Cohen on his show about the Prague denial--
Where Hannity waved Cohen's passport around and they were yucking it up...
Hannity was badmouthing the state of "journalism" that someone would trash Cohen's name/reputation
Think Trumpers would have cared to know Cohen was Hannity's attorney du jour???
I know I would have found it even more despicable behavior on Hannity's part...

Rachel has the McClatchy guy on tonight taking about the part that Cohen did get in w/o passport--
But not much else about the other elements--Russian hackers, payoff money, etc...

Maybe the FBI found proof of that travel in some audio files...
Does Cohen speak Russian???
Interesting factoid that will get lost in the bigger news is what Maddow pointed out while reading the court transcript of today's court proceedings;

Judge Wood was about to agree to let Cohen's defense just submit the name of the third mystery client (Hannity) in a sealed envelope.

Cohen's team argued this was because that Hannity had requested that his name not be revealed in public "because it would have been embarrassing to have it known he sought out Cohen for legal advise" and conveniently not for the fact that Hannity had an undisclosed relationship with Cohen, all the while Hannity was ranting on his television show about the no knock search warrant raid on Cohen's properties.

This when Robert Balin,a lawyer representing the press’s interest, interrupted the judge and noted that embarrassment is no reason to withhold the name and Judge Wood agreed.

Without Balin stepping up, Hannity's name may have not been revealed.

Old 04-16-2018, 09:49 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,197,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Careful you're gonna cause it to short circuit.
Sorry. I've been too busy reading important things like the state of the economy, Syria, trade policies, tax law effects ect. to bother with Stormy, Comey or the other irrelevant Trump hit pieces our media puts in the headlines these days. I understand why the far left clings to it so hard though because it's all they have right now.

Old 04-16-2018, 09:51 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,838,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Sorry. I've been too busy reading important things like the state of the economy, Syria, trade policies, tax law effects ect. to bother with Stormy, Comey or the other irrelevant Trump hit pieces our media puts in the headlines these days. I understand why the far left clings to it so hard though because it's all they have right now.
You should probably go talk about those things then, instead of deciding to make nonsensical comments on topics you yourself admit to not being informed about.

Old 04-16-2018, 09:52 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,237,534 times
Quote:
Where are you reading about those topics, if the media doesn't put them out there?

What you deem as "The left" is also discussing the topics you are supposedly watching.

This isn't a Trump "hit piece", this is about Cohen and his short comings, and potential criminal proceedings.

Old 04-16-2018, 10:00 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,824,670 times
Quote:
Yes--but not just her--Michael Avenatti---I don't know how she found him but he is a keeper!

The problem for these guys is that
1--they had to have known Hannity would be outed--
2--they thought the judge would keep the name private-only release to the SDNY--
3--had NO GAMEPLAN if Hannity was outed--
4--the Fox people certainly didn't know that was coming down the pipe
5--this is a problem for Hannity and from Trump IMO because some people will see it as a definite deliberate attempt to cover up a "special relationship"
Hannity has more trouble coming down the pike too from Cohen's investigation...

Thank all the news media that fronted for that attorney!! The real news media that came to bat for the 1st Amendment--vs Hannity lying like a rug about how Cohen was taken advantage of by rogue DOJ...

The attorney who acted for the Press was the only one I read in the Bloomberg article or heard quoted who actually cited CASE LAW
I loved what Judge Wood said when Cohen's attorney tried to use the bar ethics guidelines---
Basically she was asking him if he didn't have any CASE LAW and of course he didn't because there was no legal reason to keep Hannity's name private....
The PUBLIC's NEED TO KNOW supersedes some "prominent" man's desire for privacy...
Classic kill shot...
And she made another comment about them not being prepared--

I just can't wait a year for them to process this documentation...
Agreed about Michael Avenatti, but I don't know for sure that he knew Hannity was the mystery client. I think because of his maneuvering he keeps having a new Christmas day every week.

I believe he was the one (I could be wrong) who was floating the argument that there was no real attorney-client privileged issues with going through Cohen's records since Cohen was not a real lawyer and only have one client (which turned out to be 3).

Now is it only that Hannity was trying to hide the fact that he asked Cohen about paying people off to go away or, since he really is a defacto Trump adviser, is there something else there they both don't want to get out, so they tried to use attorney-client privileged to hide?

Also agree on Robert Balin, the lawyer for the press. I get Hannity is not too happy with him.

Old 04-16-2018, 10:09 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,917,976 times
Quote:
Hannity is a very talented and smart man, he will be fine. They are attacking him bc of his support of Trump, pathetic. Or maybe the conspiracy theorists think he's involved in the massive Russian collusion plot to give Trump the presidency and make Putin king of the world! Muhaha
You know that much of the "Russian collusion" involved propaganda
And "propaganda" is nothing more than media run amuck--for the specific purpose of distorting the truth, putting forth the agenda of one political party or philosophy w/o regard for the facts under discussion...
Like when reporters have special relationships with their guests and don't inform their audience that relationship exists

Just like Hannity was Cohen's "legal client" and had him on his show to vouch that Cohen was telling the truth about NOT being in Prague in 2016 and paying off Russian hackers for work done to further the Donald's campaign...

That Hannity was Cohen's client when he went nuts on Friday after Cohen's office was searched (with Hannity's documents maybe taken) and that the SDNY was going off the rails by violating attorney-client priviledge in doing that...
Don't you think it would have been truthful to explain that Hannity actually had a dog in that fight himself???

And all the while Hannity was just Cohen's 3rd client--How soon they forget....
Not 1 in 25 or 1 in 230 or 1 in 786 or much less 1 in a thousand...
How many clients do you think Michael Avenatti might claim if his office files were taken by search warrant by the DOJ--I think more than 3 for sure...

Michael Cohen has been an attorney in NY state for decades
Any other attorney in his position would likely have more than 3 clients
I guess he thought having 1 like Tom Hagan w/Don Corleone was too suspicious and everyone knew about Elliot Broidy by Monday...
But 3 clients does not really make an attorney caseload...

So like in "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid", are the DoJ guys going to be asking "who are those guys" when they come across name after name after name in Cohen's audio files and e-files and billing sheets--

Old 04-16-2018, 10:12 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,917,976 times
Did this thread get merged with the Hannity thread again???

Old 04-16-2018, 10:13 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,900,628 times
Nothing to worry about here, Donald is having the WH staff produce the needed paperwork to pardon everyone who ever knew Donald Trump whether they’ve been charged with a crime or not. Pardons for everyone!

Old 04-16-2018, 10:14 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,237,534 times
Quote:
Did this thread get merged with the Hannity thread again???
Nope, the FBI raid thread...

Old 04-16-2018, 10:15 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,838,193 times
Quote:
You know that much of the "Russian collusion" involved propaganda
And "propaganda" is nothing more than media run amuck--for the specific purpose of distorting the truth, putting forth the agenda of one political party or philosophy w/o regard for the facts under discussion...
Like when reporters have special relationships with their guests and don't inform their audience that relationship exists

Just like Hannity was Cohen's "legal client" and had him on his show to vouch that Cohen was telling the truth about NOT being in Prague in 2016 and paying off Russian hackers for work done to further the Donald's campaign...

That Hannity was Cohen's client when he went nuts on Friday after Cohen's office was searched (with Hannity's documents maybe taken) and that the SDNY was going off the rails by violating attorney-client priviledge in doing that...
Don't you think it would have been truthful to explain that Hannity actually had a dog in that fight himself???

And all the while Hannity was just Cohen's 3rd client--How soon they forget....
Not 1 in 25 or 1 in 230 or 1 in 786 or much less 1 in a thousand...
How many clients do you think Michael Avenatti might claim if his office files were taken by search warrant by the DOJ--I think more than 3 for sure...

Michael Cohen has been an attorney in NY state for decades
Any other attorney in his position would likely have more than 3 clients
I guess he thought having 1 like Tom Hagan w/Don Corleone was too suspicious and everyone knew about Elliot Broidy by Monday...
But 3 clients does not really make an attorney caseload...

So like in "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid", are the DoJ guys going to be asking "who are those guys" when they come across name after name after name in Cohen's audio files and e-files and billing sheets--
Hmm I hadn't even thought of that. Him only claiming three clients means any communications between him and anyone not named as a client would not be subject to a.c. priveledge correct? Thats probably why they wanted to review the documents first, so they could collate a list of all names mentioned. Instead he was reduced to memory of what he knows for sure was there, because you also wouldn't want to claim a bunch of people as clients the have no documentation to back it up either. Hmmmmmm the thick plottens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies