Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2018, 06:14 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
Not when the search is proper and valid. Privileged communication between an attorney and client is not. If it was you this happened to you would be losing your mind.
I don't think you understand the process.

Quote:
"Such a search requires an elaborate review process. The basic rule is that the government may not deliberately seize, or review, attorney-client communications. The USAM — and relevant caselaw — therefore require the feds to set up a review process. That process might involve a judge reviewing the materials to separate out what is privileged (or what might fall within an exception to the privilege), or else set up a "dirty team" that does the review but is insulated from the "clean team" running the investigation. Another option is a "special master," an experienced and qualified third-party attorney to do the review. Sometimes the reviewing team will only be identifying and protecting privileged material. Sometimes the reviewing team will be preparing to seek, or to implement, a court ruling that the documents are not privileged. (Robert Mueller is aggressive on this sort of thing; he already sought and obtained a court ruling that some of Paul Manafort's communications with his lawyers were not privileged because they were undertaken for the purpose of fraud — the so-called "crime-fraud exception" to the attorney-client privilege."
The source where I found that also explains the process of obtaining the warrant: https://www.popehat.com/2018/04/09/t...r-immediately/

Old 04-09-2018, 06:16 PM

39,076 posts, read 51,246,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
They were at full throttle conspiracy theory over Imran Awan's(former Democratic House IT person) petty crime of lying about his Home Equity Loan.

It's amazing that Bank Fraud is the same crime that Awan was charged with - and appears to be one of the crimes of Cohen.
There's bank fraud and then there's BANK FRAUD. We don't know what they are looking at and, for that matter, if it is even bank fraud. One thing, you don't get your doors kicked in by the FBI for lying to the bank about what you are going to use your home equity loan for.

Old 04-09-2018, 06:18 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,888,047 times
One of the reporters at the WaPo was on MSNBC and mentioned that Cohen was assistant finance manager for the RNC during the campaign---
Consider wide range of election fraud related to the election campaign of multiple RNC candidates....

I think this could be tied to the Cambridge Analytical billing that was alluded to being greatly reduced than what a comprably company would have charged so that the campaign they were working on got an "in kind" campaign contribution greatly larger than the legal amount because ROBERT Mercer was funding those campaigns in stealth mode...

Old 04-09-2018, 06:18 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,729,889 times
Quote:
Not from the Trump Resistance. Their perceived victory at any cost is tearing the country apart.
Wrong...many of us just want to get to the bottom of what happened. What you call "deep state" is what we call the rule of law. The warrant issued today came from the United States Department of Justice not the Keystone Cops. It is a pretty important institution in this country. And Thank God we are a country of institutions.

Old 04-09-2018, 06:19 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Just to shine some light on your paranoia
The Assistant AG for the Southern District who likely signed off on this warrant is named Berman--
Mr Berman is former partner in law firm of Rudy Guilianni who is BIG friend of Trump--he thought he was in line for AG of the US before he kind of shot himself in the foot
Berman was nominated by Trump
There is NO way this guy is a Democrat
And Trump just makes himself look incredibly partisan and stupid to suggest it
yes indeed, you are correct:

"To serve a search warrant on a practicing attorney, federal prosecutors are required to obtain approval from top Justice Department officials. That means the acting U.S. attorney in Manhattan, Geoffrey S. Berman, who was appointed to his role by Sessions in January, as well as Justice Department officials in Washington, probably signed off." https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.2539dc74b403

Old 04-09-2018, 06:19 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,737,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
You liked watching a dumbed-down reality TV show and believed it was real. All the while New Yorkers always knew what a douche Trump is, was and always will be. He rips people off, he throws people under the bus to save own his big butt, he lies habitually, he respects no one and only thinks of himself and his profits. Trump is a sociopath and does not have the intellect, integrity, patriotism or any of the qualities that it takes to be a leader in a democratic society that should be striving for progress for all its citizens. He'll throw a few bones to his clueless base but they were suckered by a grifter and his crime family and likely will never have the gonads to admit it.
If I want to watch dumbed down reality TV I would watch CNN or MSNBC more. Trump isn't perfect but he has achieved more in his life than anyone posting on CD will. The simple fact is that these investigations are all the Dems and Trump haters have left to try to get him out of office. They know his policies are working and he will most likely be re-elected in 2020. What's worse they have no one to run against him either. I'm not sure what kind of progress you are looking for but I can say from personal experience after making some progress in the 8 years of President Obama I have more than doubled my production since Trump was elected the past 18 months. Nearly everyone I know feels the same way, Democrat, and Republican. You don't like the guy so you discredit him in a child-like way. When in reality A Trump presidency is the best thing that ever happened to you personally and his policies have done more to push this country forward with real progress and change with action, not the inaction and the hope and change policy Obama pushed forward. Hoping for change and progress doesn't work. It nice to say. It even feels good. Progress takes actual work.

Old 04-09-2018, 06:22 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,737,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Just to shine some light on your paranoia
The Assistant AG for the Southern District who likely signed off on this warrant is named Berman--
Mr Berman is former partner in law firm of Rudy Guilianni who is BIG friend of Trump--he thought he was in line for AG of the US before he kind of shot himself in the foot
Berman was nominated by Trump
There is NO way this guy is a Democrat
And Trump just makes himself look incredibly partisan and stupid to suggest it
I think it was reported that Roddenstein personally signed off on the warrant. I could be wrong. Lot's of information coming out.

Old 04-09-2018, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I don't think you understand the process.

The source where I found that also explains the process of obtaining the warrant: https://www.popehat.com/2018/04/09/t...r-immediately/
Chris Haines show is having this same discussion
Two teams at each site
One "taint" team to act as the Chinese wall to separate out any material that is not related to Cohen's charge specifics
Any other clients would have their privacy/client priviledges protected and not made part of the investigation
The "taint" team shows the information to a judge or superior to agree that specific evidence is related and relevant and then it goes to the investigation team...

This involved surveillance of Cohen--it involved long term not just a weekend to get the relevant information needed to show a judge to qualify for intrusion into the client/attorney bond...

Old 04-09-2018, 06:23 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times
Quote:
If I want to watch dumbed down reality TV I would watch CNN or MSNBC more. Trump isn't perfect but he has achieved more in his life than anyone posting on CD will. The simple fact is that these investigations are all the Dems and Trump haters have left to try to get him out of office. They know his policies are working and he will most likely be re-elected in 2020. What's worse they have no one to run against him either. I'm not sure what kind of progress you are looking for but I can say from personal experience after making some progress in the 8 years of President Obama I have more than doubled my production since Trump was elected the past 18 months. Nearly everyone I know feels the same way, Democrat, and Republican. You don't like the guy so you discredit him in a child-like way. When in reality A Trump presidency is the best thing that ever happened to you personally and his policies have done more to push this country forward with real progress and change with action, not the inaction and the hope and change policy Obama pushed forward. Hoping for change and progress doesn't work. It nice to say. It even feels good. Progress takes actual work.
Just your first sentence shows how delusional about Trump you are. He'd steal a granny's bloomers if there was profit in it for him, so go on and support this treacherous POS whose days are numbered. Pathetic!

Old 04-09-2018, 06:24 PM

Quote:
I think it was reported that Roddenstein personally signed off on the warrant. I could be wrong. Lot's of information coming out.
Not what I heard--
That Rosenstein would have agreed it was more relevant for a state's AG to persue the case because of its location in NYC
And just passed it along to the Southern District office

Is this filed online
Like some of Mueller's
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies