Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2018, 06:27 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,738,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
Wrong...many of us just want to get to the bottom of what happened. What you call "deep state" is what we call the rule of law. The warrant issued today came from the United States Department of Justice not the Keystone Cops. It is a pretty important institution in this country. And Thank God we are a country of institutions.
What good are these institutions if they are constantly abused? We know they have been. Just look at the kid gloves they handled Hillary Clinton with. If I am wrong so be it. Until I see differently and get a look at all the evidence that so many of you are pointing out no one has seen yet I continue to believe that there are abuses of the power of our institutions. The same way many here believe Trump and everyone around him are guilty of numerous crimes and being a puppet of Putin without seeing any of the evidence either.

Old 04-09-2018, 06:27 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,895,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
If I want to watch dumbed down reality TV I would watch CNN or MSNBC more. Trump isn't perfect but he has achieved more in his life than anyone posting on CD will. The simple fact is that these investigations are all the Dems and Trump haters have left to try to get him out of office. They know his policies are working and he will most likely be re-elected in 2020. What's worse they have no one to run against him either. I'm not sure what kind of progress you are looking for but I can say from personal experience after making some progress in the 8 years of President Obama I have more than doubled my production since Trump was elected the past 18 months. Nearly everyone I know feels the same way, Democrat, and Republican. You don't like the guy so you discredit him in a child-like way. When in reality A Trump presidency is the best thing that ever happened to you personally and his policies have done more to push this country forward with real progress and change with action, not the inaction and the hope and change policy Obama pushed forward. Hoping for change and progress doesn't work. It nice to say. It even feels good. Progress takes actual work.
I am happy that you think your life is better under Trump
I can assume by that you are Anglo--not a minority--
Because most of them would definitely disagree with you

We will have to just wait and see what happens with the economy
The Dow Transportation Index ended down today == in bear country--historically a sell trigger because indicates a declining economy...
So I think Trump's ability to improve the economy might be teetering on the reality of many factors...including his inability to stop tweeting...

Old 04-09-2018, 06:29 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times
Quote:
I think it was reported that Roddenstein personally signed off on the warrant. I could be wrong. Lot's of information coming out.
Quote:
For those already claiming that Mueller has gone “rogue” by searching Cohen’s office, it is worth noting that the interim U.S. Attorney for the Southern District, Geoff Berman, a Trump appointee, would have signed off on this warrant. “Search warrant for lawyer’s materials requires heightened probable cause and additional layers of review on both the front end and the back end,” Goldman explained. Not only that as federal defense attorney Page Pate pointed out, Main Justice (i.e. Jeff Sessions’ office) would have also had to be consulted according to DOJ policies about federal searches of attorneys.
https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile...that-hes-next/

Old 04-09-2018, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Wait, so the federal investigation will involve all our families? My god, how big does the conspiracy go!?
My family--I don't think so
But Don Jr, Ivanka, Jared K---even Erik--I think they should be worried

Now Tiffany is probably ok...

Old 04-09-2018, 06:31 PM

22,193 posts, read 19,473,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Not what I heard--
That Rosenstein would have agreed it was more relevant for a state's AG to persue the case because of its location in NYC
And just passed it along to the Southern District office

Is this filed online
Like some of Mueller's
That is what it seems like, went through the Southern District of NY's office, a Trump appointee FWIW.

Old 04-09-2018, 06:32 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,738,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Just your first sentence shows how delusional about Trump you are. He'd steal a granny's bloomers if there was profit in it for him, so go on and support this treacherous POS whose days are numbered. Pathetic!
Break down for me how I am so delusional over Trump. CNN alone has put out numerous stories over the years that were knowingly false about Trump. People were fired and or reassigned over it. Donna Brazile a CNN employee ADMITTED she gave Hillary Clinton debate questions. MSNBC is just as bad, NBC even worse. You're so sick of NY I wonder why. I'm sure it's all the liberal policies we have been forced to live under. you sound more jealous of Trump and his accomplishments than anything else. That's pathetic.

Old 04-09-2018, 06:32 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,589,004 times
Another KGB-style investigation. Now they are making stuff up about some hooker since the Russia stuff wasn't able to pan out (Because it never happened!). That Congress isn't doing anything about this abuse of power by the FBI shows that they can't be trusted and that we need Article V to rein in DC.

Old 04-09-2018, 06:33 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Yesterday Trump tweets what is the FBI hiding in relation to turning over documents subpoenaed last summer. Today the office and home of his personal lawyer is raided by the FBI and they seize privileged communications between Trump and His lawyer. There is some deep state BS happening here.
Must be. It could not possibly be that the facts supported a warrant.

Old 04-09-2018, 06:34 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,589,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Russian collusion is only one of many Trump crimes that are being unearthed. Trump was widely suspected of shady dealings long before he ran for president.
Baloney! Trump is being set up for impeachment by the KGB-style Democrats. This is an attempted coup.

Old 04-09-2018, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
This relates to Russian election meddling how?
Time will tell...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies