Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2018, 03:46 PM

7,824 posts, read 4,565,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
Here is an interesting take. Mueller's Nuclear Option

https://newrepublic.com/article/1479...nuclear-option

Hmmm

Mueller’s nuclear option would still impose a personal and professional toll on himself, especially if Trump successfully weaponizes the Justice Department against his political opponents. Would it be worth it? It’s possible that Mueller has found nothing incriminating on Trump himself, nor any evidence of collusion between his campaign and the Kremlin. It’s also possible that Trump is shutting down Mueller because he’s guilty of a crime and he fears Mueller could find a way to prove it.

Mueller is a by the books kind of guy, but would his since of justice warrant something like this??
Maybe the ultimate "by the books kind of guy", no chance of him just doing a nuclear data dump. That's not to say from the moment he was named Special Counsel and knowing Trump's M.O. he hasn't been littering the landscape with Easter Eggs just waiting to be uncovered should the need arise. Trump best and only hope to get out from under this entire cloud lies with Mueller completing his work and clearing him. Anything less and the taint never subsides.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2018, 03:49 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,829,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Go look who funds them!!! It is a democrat front. George Soros funded.
Absurd. You made that up yourself.

Old 04-11-2018, 03:58 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,142,059 times
Quote:
It is going to happen, with full authority and then some.
Hard to say.

As an old geezer, Trump may remember how disastrous it was for Nixon when he pulled that stunt.

Old 04-11-2018, 04:41 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,700,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I have a hard time telling the difference between those posting propaganda from a St. Petersburg troll farm and those posting delusional nonsense from Alex Jones.

How do the rest of you tell the difference?
Does it really matter? The effect is the same. ETA: actually, yes, it does really matter, even though the effect is the same. I say we should consider the alex joneists as russian trolls in training.

Old 04-11-2018, 04:44 PM

37,200 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I don't think Trump will fire Mueller or Rosenstein. I think he is far better off letting this drag on. The longer it goes the more it looks like a political hatchet job by the deep state.

I do think at some point if this drags on for a few more years, that it would be massively awesome for Trump to just pardon everyone.
What is he going to do about the state charges?

Old 04-11-2018, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Fired and rehired... Only to fire him again.
A man sworn to defend the constitution.
Did Reagan, Bush 1, Clinton Bush 2, or Obama, surround themselves with top Military Brass?
It was going down, if Hillary had won.
Too many sworn to protect the constitution, were seeing it destroyed by the very people that felt they were rulers of the world.

I say, try to remove trump from office... Try.
I don't want trump removed from office, unless it can be proven that he did egregious wrong. If he did egregious wrong, shouldn't everyone want him removed?

What I do want is for all this stuff to be hanging over his head for the next 2 1/2-ish years, making him entirely crazy and ineffective. Then, in year 4, congress finally move on the impeachment, and decide not to remove him about a month before the election. In the meantime, he wouldn't be able to effectively run for re-election. I also want the dems, independents, whoever else is available, to take control of both houses of congress in 2018. I mean, really, even paul ryan is giving up.

Old 04-11-2018, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
TRUMP will NOT fire mueller Ever!

Ever!

Ever!

Just stop it already.

The Dorkocrats have NOTHING!

This was their last hope.
So, making up dorky names is your defense? Looks like you are the one who has NOTHING.

Old 04-11-2018, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
You wish. It was produced by a group calling themselves Republicans for the Rule of Law.

Read it and weep.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...-mueller-probe
Wouldn't it be funny if it was actually the russians who did it? Then trump would be in the same spot, blaming the russians, as the right are so delighted to put clinton it. What a hoot.

Old 04-11-2018, 05:11 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,121,451 times
Quote:
It is going to happen, with full authority and then some.
My response is: Do it, Donny just do it. Fire Mueller, Rosenstein and Sessions. I agree with you, 100000000%. Please do it, Donny.

Old 04-11-2018, 05:13 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,121,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
A better solution would be to see DAG Rosenstein impeached which could be the beginning of the end of the Mueller witch hunt.
More wishful thinking by Trump's increasingly shrinking fanbase of sycophants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies