Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2018, 08:07 AM

3,346 posts, read 1,276,283 times

Advertisements

Well, right-wing terrorism is a real thing, you never hear about left-wing terrorism unless it’s animal rights or environmental..but people rarely if any get killed, mostly property damage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2018, 08:09 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,387,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
Almost every state and local government in this country is run by conservative Republicans. Republicans hold the presidency and the congress. I'm not buying this victim narrative that "conservatives are being oppressed."
Spend some time on a university campus. Tell everyone you meet that you’re a conservative republican. Then come back here and tell us about all the new friends you’ve made.

Old 04-11-2018, 08:09 AM

12,772 posts, read 8,006,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan west View Post
Zuckerburger has admitted this.
During the last presidential election my own Facebook feed was edited with no explanation. Just content removed. Pro Trump content. It made me a little scared to know that my little place could be robbed by the G=ds of Facebook.

Facebook has been suppressing views on its social media site. Can anyone name other organizations, companies or social media platforms that are following suit?
While I wish that FB was more open, its not "your little place" by any means. They are a private company, you are their product, and they give you a free service that you are free to use/not use. You are under no obligation to use them, and in fact I'd suggest that anyone blindly accepting their FB news feed as actual news is doing themselves a HUGE disservice.

Old 04-11-2018, 08:11 AM

4,944 posts, read 2,954,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
Well, right-wing terrorism is a real thing, you never hear about left-wing terrorism unless it’s animal rights or environmental..but people rarely if any get killed, mostly property damage.
Same with antifa the right wingers are all so terrified of they break a few windows a few get arrested and thats that. Conservative terrorists have planted bombs in the US and even run over peaceful left wing activists in Charlottesville.

Old 04-11-2018, 08:12 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,847,053 times
Quote:
Guess you've never heard of anifa?

Libs attacking peaceful protesters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP8VOUGkLwE

Old 04-11-2018, 08:13 AM

12,772 posts, read 8,006,151 times
Quote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_s...olice_officers

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.ec090779dddc

https://nypost.com/2017/07/06/politi...officers-life/

Old 04-11-2018, 08:14 AM

78,862 posts, read 46,775,328 times
Quote:
During the last presidential election my own Facebook feed was edited with no explanation. Just content removed. Pro Trump content. It made me a little scared to know that my little place could be robbed by the G=ds of Facebook.

Facebook has been suppressing views on its social media site. Can anyone name other organizations, companies or social media platforms that are following suit?

The landlord stole your furniture and appliances, when the rent was paid way ahead of time.

Old 04-11-2018, 08:21 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,726,719 times
Quote:

I'm confused...

Some Righties on this site are claiming, over and over again, that guys like Rushbo and Hannity are NOT news.

Now you seem to be saying that "conservative" news should have equal time......FORCED BY BIG GUBMENT...onto corporations.

Can you state in plain English what you want?
Should Scientology have equal weight on Facebook?
I'd say the answer is...if Zuck is a Scientologist, he can do that.

As even Righties agree, educated people tend liberal. Therefore, writers and journalists tend liberal. Period.

Sure, there are plenty of educated paid-off conservatives who entertain us based on what their sponsors tell them to do (Tucker, Hannity, etc.). But, by and large, when you educate a person about history and the world, they will tend to be reasonable (what conservatives may call liberal).

Basically, most valuable Silicon Valley and Boston companies would lean liberal (educated). Since tech represents a big share of our current lives, you have a choice.....turn off the interweb or listen to Hate Radio and TV....or accept that educated people have won the places as economic top dogs.

You certainly can't change that. I mean, what are you going to do? Insist Larry the Cable Guy and Hannity sit on the BOD at FB?

No, you should do what Righties always talk about....don't use the services and products you don't like. Turn the channel. Easy-Peasy.

Old 04-11-2018, 08:23 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,726,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
Guess you've never heard of anifa?

Libs attacking peaceful protesters
I support anything that is anti-fascist. Of course, if someone is doing illegal things under the guise of being anti-fascist, I don't support them...

But I definitely will send money to orgs that legally challenge fascists. I would hope any red blooded American would do the same.

Old 04-11-2018, 08:24 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,847,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
liberal (educated).
When only one side is taught, it's call indoctrination or brainwashing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies