Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2018, 10:59 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,930,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Calling the cops over a friggin Tshirt is beyond asinine and I'm surprised the dispatcher just didn't hang up.
See Something Say Something

That's being printed on the sides of buses in my community. She didn't call the cops over a "friggin Tshirt", she called the cops to evaluate whether or not someone carrying a gun at a playground posed a threat. If she actually existed and this story actually happened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2018, 11:29 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,900,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Anyone with a need to bring a gun to a children’s playground is definitely someone With a healthy irrational fear, what was he expecting to break up dirt ball fight.
did ti ever occur to you that people that carry concealed, or even openly, do it because they are used to carrying? lets examine what you carry every day shall we? you carry make up with you? you think somehow you are going to get lucky at lunch time? what other stuff do you carry everyday that you dont even think about? how about things you wear everyday?

the point here is that he likely carries his gun everywhere he goes, unless it is not legal to do so. he likely puts it on as part of his normal routine, so he didnt just decide hey i am going to the park so i am going to show off my gun to everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
Were you at the park that day? Ignorant and irrational. Those are words that you throw around, when you don't even know the person and unless you were actually at the scene are offensive.

This situation, could have ended a lot different. The woman was IMO smart, alert, and protective of people's rights to be enjoying a day in the park.

A guy with (it sounds like) a huge chip on his shoulders, wanting a fight did not get what he wanted, but this sure draws attention to the fact, that we need to report odd happenings.

Maybe, just the shirt alone, or the gun alone, would not have been so frightening. The two items, together, were like an advertisement for violence. JMO
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Of course it's possible that the shirt could be interpreted in different ways. The woman who called the police perceived a threat. She saw something suspicious, she asked the police to check it out. That's what people are supposed to do. The school buses in our area now have "SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING" posted on them.
no what we have here is a nosy busybody who wet her panties because the guy was wearing a t shirt that she didnt like, so she called the cops.

Quote:
See Something Say Something

That's being printed on the sides of buses in my community. She didn't call the cops over a "friggin Tshirt", she called the cops to evaluate whether or not someone carrying a gun at a playground posed a threat. If she actually existed and this story actually happened.
did you read the story? the woman didnt care about the gun, she got upset when saw read the t shirt.

Old 04-18-2018, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
did ti ever occur to you that people that carry concealed, or even openly, do it because they are used to carrying? lets examine what you carry every day shall we? you carry make up with you? you think somehow you are going to get lucky at lunch time? what other stuff do you carry everyday that you dont even think about? how about things you wear everyday?

the point here is that he likely carries his gun everywhere he goes, unless it is not legal to do so. he likely puts it on as part of his normal routine, so he didnt just decide hey i am going to the park so i am going to show off my gun to everyone.

no what we have here is a nosy busybody who wet her panties because the guy was wearing a t shirt that she didnt like, so she called the cops.

did you read the story? the woman didnt care about the gun, she got upset when saw read the t shirt.
I did read the story. I think her reaction to the t-shirt in conjunction with the gun was rational. She perceived a possible threat at a playground, and called the police to evaluate whether there was a threat or not.

Old 04-18-2018, 11:33 AM

3,564 posts, read 1,928,971 times
Quote:
Probably never happened.

Old 04-18-2018, 11:36 AM

34,262 posts, read 18,638,482 times
Quote:
I did read the story. I think her reaction to the t-shirt in conjunction with the gun was rational. She perceived a possible threat at a playground, and called the police to evaluate whether there was a threat or not.
A guy playing with his two little girls is a threat? She could clearly see what he was doing. This was retribution for the shirt, and maybe for the gun.

Old 04-18-2018, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
A guy playing with his two little girls is a threat? She could clearly see what he was doing. This was retribution for the shirt, and maybe for the gun.
Retribution? Right, she's out to get people. All those liberals, sneaky bastards.

Old 04-18-2018, 11:43 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,900,651 times
Quote:
actions always speak louder than words. was he doing anything suspicious? likely not since he was there with his children. and being the responsible gun owner he was, he wasnt playing with the gun, it was put away in its holster.

as i said the woman that called the cops was a nosy busybody who wets her panties every time she sees anything gun related, including sayings on t shirts.

it would have been different if the guy was acting suspicious, playing with his gun, brandishing it, pulling it out of its holster, pointing it without regard to others, etc. then she would have something to call the cops about. but the guy was just being a normal parent, except for his t shirt and his gun being present.

there was no reason for anyone, except a nosy busybody who cant control her bladder around anything that mentions a gun, to call the cops. even the cops said so.

Old 04-18-2018, 11:44 AM

3,564 posts, read 1,928,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Venn Diagram: People who think that this event actually occurred and people who posted something like "Did a Russian bot tell you who to vote for"

Old 04-18-2018, 11:50 AM

19,731 posts, read 10,164,521 times
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2018/04...n-shirt-624724

https://madworldnews.com/woman-calls-police-t-shirt/
links all over about the story

Old 04-18-2018, 11:56 AM

Quote:
actions always speak louder than words. was he doing anything suspicious? likely not since he was there with his children. and being the responsible gun owner he was, he wasnt playing with the gun, it was put away in its holster.

as i said the woman that called the cops was a nosy busybody who wets her panties every time she sees anything gun related, including sayings on t shirts.

it would have been different if the guy was acting suspicious, playing with his gun, brandishing it, pulling it out of its holster, pointing it without regard to others, etc. then she would have something to call the cops about. but the guy was just being a normal parent, except for his t shirt and his gun being present.

there was no reason for anyone, except a nosy busybody who cant control her bladder around anything that mentions a gun, to call the cops. even the cops said so.
There's good reason to believe that this entire story is made-up, just to sell firearm products.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies