Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2018, 01:16 PM

19,807 posts, read 10,250,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
There's good reason to believe that this entire story is made-up, just to sell firearm products.
I posted links to the story in the post before yours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2018, 01:23 PM

4,530 posts, read 5,157,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post

Got to love those far right tabloid sites. Just enough real news sprinkled in to make the rest of the offal smell better.

Old 04-18-2018, 01:39 PM

39,951 posts, read 26,689,190 times
Quote:
Of course it's possible that the shirt could be interpreted in different ways. The woman who called the police perceived a threat. She saw something suspicious, she asked the police to check it out. That's what people are supposed to do. The school buses in our area now have "SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING" posted on them.
Exactly.

If you see a couple black teens walking through Walmart (or sitting at Starbucks)-call the police. They may be getting ready to rob the place.

If you see a chick in a burka walking down the sidewalk-call the police. She might have a bomb strapped to her chest.

If you see someone driving down the street in a truck-call the police. They might be preparing to run over a crowd of people on the sidewalk.

After all, if you see something, say something. Right?

Old 04-18-2018, 01:44 PM

29,887 posts, read 14,932,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Calling the cops over a friggin Tshirt is beyond asinine and I'm surprised the dispatcher just didn't hang up.

We all know it wasn't the t shirt. It was the firearm. I'm sure she would have called even if he had a "Coexist" T shirt on.

Old 04-18-2018, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Exactly.

If you see a couple black teens walking through Walmart (or sitting at Starbucks)-call the police. They may be getting ready to rob the place.

If you see a chick in a burka walking down the sidewalk-call the police. She might have a bomb strapped to her chest.

If you see someone driving down the street in a truck-call the police. They might be preparing to run over a crowd of people on the sidewalk.

After all, if you see something, say something. Right?
See that is different though. Guns are only meant to kill people...

Good point though. Where does this BS stop ? We all know how well the PC thing has done, this is actually worse.

Old 04-18-2018, 02:39 PM

59,555 posts, read 27,723,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
Don't go outside
You might get hit by an meteorite.

What?
Are you naive enough to believe people never get hit by meteorites?
"When you have NOTHING of value to add, deflect!"

Old 04-18-2018, 02:41 PM

3,563 posts, read 1,939,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"When you have NOTHING of value to add, deflect!"
I think that an accurate assessment of risk is relevant to this thread.

Old 04-18-2018, 02:48 PM

4,332 posts, read 4,932,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
We all know it wasn't the t shirt. It was the firearm. I'm sure she would have called even if he had a "Coexist" T shirt on.
Even the NRA sells "Coexist" t-shirts. NRA Coexist T-Shirt Official Store of the National Rifle Association

Old 04-18-2018, 05:59 PM

16,234 posts, read 5,921,313 times
Quote:
Of course it's possible that the shirt could be interpreted in different ways. The woman who called the police perceived a threat. She saw something suspicious, she asked the police to check it out. That's what people are supposed to do. The school buses in our area now have "SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING" posted on them.
So you are advocating profiling?
LOL seriously I get your point and it's valid. Unfortunately many consider that profiling.
For example if I look out my window and see a group of teens I dont know, walking up and down my street. Say the teens are black for example. How many on the left would call me a racist for calling the police?

What if I saw a couple of hispanics doing a roof and I called ICE? Yeah I would be called a racist.
The fact of the matter is that it is far more likely that the teens in scenario 1 are thugs and that the hispanics are here illegally, than it is that a guy doing an open carry is dangerous.
People are being programed to panic.
I dont carry anywhere except at the gun range and that range is on my own property. I have many friends who do carry. America is turning into a nation of criers.

Old 04-18-2018, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
Awesome ! I have to order one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies