Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2018, 11:11 AM

8,183 posts, read 6,954,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Then rebut those posters. In the meantime, the woman saw something and called the police to evaluate it. No one's rights were violated. He wasn't prevented from using the park.
?? What are you talking about? I quoted a post I agreed with and I added "totally agree".

You asked me to explain something, I explained it.

What a strange post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2018, 11:12 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,188,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlEsc View Post
Thanks for proving me right.
I see you ducked the question. Par for the course for you.

It would be less embarrassing for you if you just didn’t respond.

Old 04-19-2018, 11:15 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,945,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
No I should not have called the police. He didn't do anything or make any threats. He just looked suspicious because of the marathon bombing. More suspicious looking than a man open carrying at a park playing with his kids. But we are not supposed to profile minorities.
MORE suspicious according to you.

Different people have different ideas of what is suspicious. As this man wasn't arrested, or deprived of any rights, it should be all good. I don't understand why you can't just shrug your shoulders and tell yourself that you wouldn't have called the police, but you're not her. She did what she thought was right (if she ever existed). Why do some have to insult her for that?

Old 04-19-2018, 11:19 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,945,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
?? What are you talking about? I quoted a post I agreed with and I added "totally agree".

You asked me to explain something, I explained it.

What a strange post.
You said this:

There are those here who are saying the man should NOT be in the park because he's carrying a firearm. The man has every right to use that park, which his tax dollars are paying for.

I said this:

"Then rebut those posters. In the meantime, the woman saw something and called the police to evaluate it. No one's rights were violated. He wasn't prevented from using the park."

It's a perfectly appropriate response to your remark. Nothing strange about it.

How weird of you to think it strange.

Old 04-19-2018, 11:23 AM

39,901 posts, read 26,597,293 times
Someone saw something and said something:

Cops shoot and kill man holding toy gun in Wal-Mart | MSNBC

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooti...n_Crawford_III

In this case the caller lied and reported the guy with the "gun" was pointing it at others, including children. He is exactly the same as the "swatters" making fake police reports and should be charged for this man's death.

Old 04-19-2018, 11:25 AM

3,564 posts, read 1,931,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
People who called the police should have been armed, then they could have shot him without going through a middle man.

Old 04-19-2018, 11:33 AM

1,081 posts, read 551,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
I see you ducked the question. Par for the course for you.

It would be less embarrassing for you if you just didn’t respond.

Have you ever heard of rose-colored-glasses? I believe you have race-colored-glasses.

You forgot Persians:
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/youtube...-live-updates/

Arabs:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_S...nardino_attack

Oh, you thought you were safe with including Black:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D.C._sniper_attacks

And White Women:
https://timeline.com/school-shooter-...er-bf98e8bf106

Lets throw it all out there then you can do the math for percentage of population:
https://www.statista.com/statistics/...hooter-s-race/

In conclusion: You only want to see the evil deeds of the white male. Maybe it's you that should stop now.

Old 04-19-2018, 11:37 AM

39,901 posts, read 26,597,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
People who called the police should have been armed, then they could have shot him without going through a middle man.
If armed civilians had been there they likely would have recognized that the man wasn't threatening anyone and had a toy gun. Unlike the moron that panicked and made the call and caused this man's death.

Old 04-19-2018, 11:40 AM

Quote:
If armed civilians had been there they likely would have recognized that the man wasn't threatening anyone and had a toy gun. Unlike the moron that panicked and made the call and caused this man's death.
How does that make any sense?

The trained police apparently didn't realize that he wasn't threatening and had a toy gun

If the "moron" who made the call obviously didn't realize that the man wasn't threatening and had a toy gun, so if said "moron" had had a gun how would they have been more likely to recognize that the man wasn't threatening and had a toy gun?

Old 04-19-2018, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Unlike the moron that panicked and made the call and caused this man's death.
Guns don't kill people, telephones do

Or is it
People with guns don't kill people, people with telephones do

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies