Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2018, 03:16 PM

1,874 posts, read 820,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Why do employers offer training sessions?

To teach employees something that they don't know or correct bad habits. So by having diversity training, they obviously think all their employees are racists.

Because if employees weren't racist, well, they wouldn't need diversity training.

it's beyond insulting. And racist.
I think the only thing they are trying to teach is 'don't call the cops on the black guys unless its life or death'. I don't think they care what anyone actually thinks. Its purely CYA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

25,303 posts, read 21,492,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobo1 View Post
I don't know about that. These "trainings" are 90% for pr, and 10% to maybe change the way an employee reacts to a situation. They never have and never will change what someone actually believes.
True .

When have you ever heard someone say .

“It wasn’t until a meeting at work one day I changed my point of view on X”

10,536 posts, read 6,178,703 times
This thread is proof that no matter what anybody tries to accomplish in a positive way, no matter how small a gesture, people will complain about it. What a load of moaning minnies. LOL.

36,853 posts, read 17,395,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
What’s ironic is that BLM jumped on this and have signs protesting Starbucks .

The organization that has an actual anti white bias .

Who can forget them holding blacks only meetings at public libraries . Telling white reporters and whites to go to the back their leaders making anti white comments on Twitter and so on .
Don't try to figure out SJW logic. It will kill all your brain cells in less than 24 hours.

Old 04-17-2018, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
This thread is proof that no matter what anybody tries to accomplish in a positive way, no matter how small a gesture, people will complain about it. What a load of moaning minnies. LOL.
I just enjoy the entertainment of it.

Really, the only issue I'm 100% on board with is when asked to leave the men should have left. The manager was speaking on behalf of the property owner and when they didn't leave they broke the cardinal rule of life: the non-aggression principle (by trespassing on private property).

Old 04-17-2018, 03:19 PM

24,438 posts, read 23,107,566 times
So if there's someone loitering in a Starbuck's without ordering, taking up a table a paying customer might want, they can't say anything if the person is black. Great. As long as that extends to everyone, fine. Let them run their company into the ground letting the PC Nazis dictate to them how to run business. Maybe let the homeless set up sleeping areas after the store closes. Let gangs of kids set up online texting groups. But don't let cops in, ever.
I never go to Starbuck's anyway, their coffee is about as bad as Dunkin Donut's donuts.

Old 04-17-2018, 03:22 PM

10,096 posts, read 5,747,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Conscious inclusion ... racial bias education ..

-

Starbucks is closing all its stores nationwide on May 29 after an incident in which two black men were arrested at a Philadelphia location.

The coffee giant on Tuesday announced plans to close all US stores for the afternoon of May 29. Starbucks said in a statement it plans to "conduct racial-bias education geared toward preventing discrimination in our stores."

"The training will be provided to nearly 175,000 partners (employees) across the country, and will become part of the onboarding process for new partners," Starbucks said in a statement.

The training will cover topics such as "implicit bias" and "conscious inclusion."

Starbucks stores are closed on May 29 - Business Insider
LOL, the damage is already done. Once you are tried and convicted by the social media justice system, there is no forgiveness. The CEO can apologize all he wants. He could shut the stores down for a month. He could give the young men large checks, and it still won't repair the damage to their reputation.

Old 04-17-2018, 03:23 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,127,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I just enjoy the entertainment of it.

Really, the only issue I'm 100% on board with is when asked to leave the men should have left. The manager was speaking on behalf of the property owner and when they didn't leave they broke the cardinal rule of life: the non-aggression principle (by trespassing on private property).
Of course it takes a libertarian to understand this...

Old 04-17-2018, 03:37 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,277,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post
In the other thread it was hippy pippys or something like that, now it's dreads and tattoos?

Now that the company acknowledged it was racism, will you do the same?
I just heard from a friend , asst mgr at my local Starbucks, the afternoon training session is more about racial sensitivity for customers and staff members alike. I posited (more in jest) there should be free and easy access for minorities to serve themselves and even use the cashier stations themselves as it would reduce the chances of discrimination. She paused ....thought for a few seconds .....and replied " Well if it helps with inclusiveness in the stores, it might be something the company should think about"

This is now the world we live in.

Old 04-17-2018, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Of course it takes a libertarian to understand this...
I give all credit to my guberment skoolin'!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies