Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2018, 04:35 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,273,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Except the Clintons and the Obamas will both attend the funeral and pay their respects even though they were opposites on the political spectrum.

President Clinton didn't attend Pat Nixon's funeral in 1993 when he was President.

Obama didn't attend Nancy Reagan's funeral in 2016 when he was a sitting President. He didn't go to Betty Ford's funeral either in 2011, he sent Michelle.

You are confusing sitting Presidents to former Presidents which they got all the time in the world to attend any funeral they want.

Old 04-21-2018, 04:43 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
It the President was to attend. The hit piece would be all about how he disrupted the service and wanted to be the center of attention. Imagine what the media would be reporting on. As it is there will be much to report about the FLOTUS and what she wears and on and on............. They make everything a Trump issue.
Its a day for the focus to be on the Bush family and what are we talking about ? Trump.

Dems and their media partners robbing the grave before its even occupied. Excellent standards for the POS
Sorry. You're wrong.

Trump himself always makes himself an issue. Wherever he goes, whatever he does, whoever he is with. And he always makes completely sure he is the center of attention. If, on the rare occasion when he is not, he throws a tantrum to bring the attention back to him.

That's the way he is and has always been. Can't expect a 71-year old guy to change now.

Old 04-21-2018, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
I dislike Trump intensely, but it's actually not the norm for sitting Presidents to attend the funerals of former First Ladies (some have, but it seems to be the exception, as opposed to the rule.) Obama himself didn't attend the funerals of Betty Ford (2011) or Nancy Reagan (2016).

And honestly, given that Barbara Bush made her thoughts on Trump *very* clear, I'd say it's probably for the best he didn't go.

if we go by her thoughts, then Bill Clinton and Hillary Clinton shouldn't go either........the 1992 Presidential campaign was nasty and she still believes that her husband lost to an immoral and very flawed man in Bill Clinton compare to her husband. Just read her 1994 book after she left the W.H.....I'm sure her thoughts didn't change much of the Clintons and their corruption.

Barbara thoughts on Trump was during a bitter 2016 GOP primary where her boy Jeb got destroyed and rejected and ended the Bush dynasty in the GOP for good by Trump. That's understandable.

If Jeb Bush would have been the 2016 GOP nominee and the Hillary Clinton machine would have spent over 1 billion dollars attacking him and his character in the general and Jeb lost in the general she wouldn't have kind words to say about Hillary and Bill. That would have been twice that the better Bushes lost to the Clintons and Barbara wouldn't be too happy about that.

A lot of Democrats shouldn't go either if we go by her thoughts, when her son was President, many in the democrat party were accusing of war crimes and being a racist because of Katrina.....so I'm sure she had opinions about many politicians and the media.

Old 04-21-2018, 04:47 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
Instead of President Clinton, then-First Lady Hillary Clinton attended Jackie Onassis' funeral. And neither one of them attended Pat Nixon's funeral, though I'm sure someone must have represented the president.

There's no story here.

Old 04-21-2018, 04:54 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,626,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
According to conservatives - it was a national crime when Obama did it but ok when trump does the same thing.

Hypocrisy works both ways.
Hmm..i do not recall any newspaper, nor tv news, nor any late night talk show host even mentioning it..so i dont know where your getting this "NATIONAL CRIME" you claim conservatives posited back then..care to post a video or a link?

Old 04-21-2018, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Instead of President Clinton, then-First Lady Hillary Clinton attended Jackie Onassis' funeral. And neither one of them attended Pat Nixon's funeral, though I'm sure someone must have represented the president.

There's no story here.

Bill Clinton attended Jackie Onassis's funeral because he was given permission by the Kennedy family to give the eulogy and you know Bill Clinton likes the spotlight and be the center of attention in any event and he wouldn't skip that. Plus, the Kennedy's inspired Bill....lol

He didn't attend Pat Nixon's funeral...I guess they didn't give him a spot to talk.

Old 04-21-2018, 04:58 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
President Trump will not attend former First Lady Barbara Bush’s funeral on Saturday, the White House announced.

“To avoid disruptions due to added security, and out of respect for the Bush Family and friends attending the service, President Trump will not attend,” the White House said in a statement.

First Lady Melania Trump will attend the funeral.

Aside from her husband and son, other former presidents Bill Clinton and Barack Obama will be at Saturday's service.
Former first ladies Hillary Clinton, Laura Bush and Michelle Obama will also attend.

Link: Barbara Bush funeral: Donald Trump not attending 'out of respect' - BBC News

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

What a load of rubbish that he can't attend because of security disruptions and "out of respect " for the Bush family! He's probably scared of the Bushes and he realizes he won't be the center of attention at the funeral.
So Melania will attend while he works hard this weekend at Mar-A-Lago !
Yup, the Mafia Clintons there too. Trump would not be welcomed that is for sure.

Old 04-21-2018, 05:04 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,101,580 times
Albeit it was a funeral, but it looks like Melania enjoyed herself.....

Melania Trump Smiles with Barack Obama at Barbara Bush

Old 04-21-2018, 05:09 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,458,616 times
Quote:
Except the Clintons and the Obamas will both attend the funeral and pay their respects even though they were opposites on the political spectrum.
It seems that all the past Presidents now living—Democrat and Republican—get along well with each other now that they are all out of office. It's good for Americans to see this decency; however, I doubt this civil tradition will continue once Trump is out of office.

He is just too nasty.

Old 04-21-2018, 05:34 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Hmm..i do not recall any newspaper, nor tv news, nor any late night talk show host even mentioning it..so i dont know where your getting this "NATIONAL CRIME" you claim conservatives posited back then..care to post a video or a link?
You must not have been watching Fox News at the time or participating on CD. But I'm not your google monkey,.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies