Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2018, 10:15 AM

8,494 posts, read 6,897,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Please. You haters would bash him if he went.

In fact, is there an occasion that you haters ever not bash him?
Well. He has a slash and burn attitude with just about everyone who doesn’t agree with him. His whole persona just invites bashers and haters and he seems to relish the chaos and turmoil.

Old 04-21-2018, 10:19 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,542,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
President Trump will not attend former First Lady Barbara Bush’s funeral on Saturday, the White House announced.

“To avoid disruptions due to added security, and out of respect for the Bush Family and friends attending the service, President Trump will not attend,” the White House said in a statement.

First Lady Melania Trump will attend the funeral.

Aside from her husband and son, other former presidents Bill Clinton and Barack Obama will be at Saturday's service.
Former first ladies Hillary Clinton, Laura Bush and Michelle Obama will also attend.

Link: Barbara Bush funeral: Donald Trump not attending 'out of respect' - BBC News

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

What a load of rubbish that he can't attend because of security disruptions and "out of respect " for the Bush family! He's probably scared of the Bushes and he realizes he won't be the center of attention at the funeral.
So Melania will attend while he works hard this weekend at Mar-A-Lago !
He would rather golf then show his respect.

Old 04-21-2018, 10:19 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,269,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpydove View Post
Liberals have shown their true and very ugly colors the past 18 months, and cannot have the self-control to stop even for a funeral. You sit with with you armchair thoughts and opinions, acting like you know who is or isn’t invited.
You all couldn’t stand the Bushes until Hill, Bill, and the Obamas all became besties.
Every day Trump expose BOTH sides of the corrupt swamp and every day I see liberals posting such contempt for him, makes me glad I voted for President Trump.
On a funny note, I love seeing hiLIARy with her mean, bitter face in the front row.
Yeah, sure--it is 'liberals' who have shown true ugly colors.

How very ironic.

Old 04-21-2018, 10:32 AM

7,184 posts, read 4,770,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
He would rather golf then show his respect.
I’m fine with Trump not going. I’m fine with him playing golf too.

Hope they take pictures.

Actually, I wish Trump would just play golf and stay out of sight.

Nobody is going to miss him.

Old 04-21-2018, 10:36 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,630,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post

Hope they take pictures.

well, nobody who matters...the rest of the USA is humming along fine..bitterness and division was the Obama's central theme..

Old 04-21-2018, 10:36 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,767,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
President Trump will not attend former First Lady Barbara Bush’s funeral on Saturday, the White House announced.

“To avoid disruptions due to added security, and out of respect for the Bush Family and friends attending the service, President Trump will not attend,” the White House said in a statement.

First Lady Melania Trump will attend the funeral.

Aside from her husband and son, other former presidents Bill Clinton and Barack Obama will be at Saturday's service.
Former first ladies Hillary Clinton, Laura Bush and Michelle Obama will also attend.

Link: Barbara Bush funeral: Donald Trump not attending 'out of respect' - BBC News

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

What a load of rubbish that he can't attend because of security disruptions and "out of respect " for the Bush family! He's probably scared of the Bushes and he realizes he won't be the center of attention at the funeral.
So Melania will attend while he works hard this weekend at Mar-A-Lago !
Old BS! Who cares. If I were Trump I wouldn't go to a funeral of a person who bashed me.

Days have changed. Just look how grand daughter (George W Bush daughter) who just spoke was wearing a dress with no sleeves and low cut out. Times have changed from the time that people were wearing long sleeves to a funeral and so has it changed that if you bash someone, they don't have to show up out of respect.

I don't care if Trump has a real excuse or not.

I applaud Trump for not going!

I also understand that Barbara tried to defend her adult son.

What I don't understand is the hate towards Trump while for 8 years Barack Obama, blamed George W for everything that was wrong in the Country and Barbara didn't seem to have any issue with the bashing by Obama!

I guess jealousy is the word. After all Trump made sure that Bush dynasty ended!

Old 04-21-2018, 10:37 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,542,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post

Hope they take pictures.

I am pretty sure Melania would also.

Old 04-21-2018, 10:42 AM

1,251 posts, read 1,078,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Yeah, sure--it is 'liberals' who have shown true ugly colors.

How very ironic.
You’re right; I edited it.

Old 04-21-2018, 10:45 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,290,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Well you are partly right.
I didn't have much respect for Dubya until Trump came along.
Trump makes George W Bush look like a paragon of virtue - a really good guy. Trump has set the bar as low as it can get.
Everything is relative.
This is truly Trump’s greatest accomplishment.

Old 04-21-2018, 10:46 AM

8,505 posts, read 4,565,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post

What I don't understand is the hate towards Trump while for 8 years Barack Obama, blamed George W for everything that was wrong in the Country and Barbara didn't seem to have any issue with the bashing by Obama!

You are truly clueless if you cannot understand the differences. Obama bashed George W Bush on policy issues. He however was respectful. He and his wife Michelle seem to have an especially good relationship with him. Bill Clinton also attacked George HW Bush for policy. The Bushs, Clintons, and Obamas were all political adversaries but all had respect for one another. Donald Trump is not just a political adversary. He has shown little respect for the others and often gotten very personal and often hateful in his attacks. It should be no surprise he is not liked.

You today see an assembly of many former national leaders of the US and world along with many of the former movers and shakers of the nation. It is a great sign of respect. I do not think you will see anything like this for the funeral of Donald J Trump as he will never earn such respect given the way he treats others.

Donald Trump did the right thing in not attending today. No one really wants him there and his presence would have made all uncomfortable. I am sure the Bush family is far from offended that he did not attend. They are likely very thankful he is in Florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies