Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2018, 12:29 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,817,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
OK, I am SO far from a Trumpster supporter but this is the norm. The First Lady normally attends these funerals.
Conservatives were lambasting Obama for not going to Nancy Reagan's funeral. Michelle Obama went. That's pretty much the tradition.

Old 04-21-2018, 12:32 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,628,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
They don’t want him there anyway. Would you?
well thats fine--WE don't want him there. The Bush, Clinton, and Obama families have American blood on their hands. They do NOT deserve to be revered for ANYTHING. The fact that they are top political figures does not mean they are devine royalty.

Old 04-21-2018, 12:36 PM

8,499 posts, read 4,565,672 times
Hillary Clinton was right. A lot of Trump supporters are truly nasty and deplorable. This thread is further evidence.

Old 04-21-2018, 12:38 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
It is true Obama did not go to Nancy Reagan's funeral.

As pointed out it isn't protocol for a sitting President to attend the funeral of a past First Lady.

BUT -- Obama had prior formal engagements made. He didn't go golfing the day of the funeral.

Trump is vacationing at Mar A Lago -- and is he golfing today?

I think that's what folks are riled up about.

But it isn't necessary for him to go and I don't think he should have.

Old 04-21-2018, 12:40 PM

50,316 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
President Trump will not attend former First Lady Barbara Bush’s funeral on Saturday, the White House announced.

“To avoid disruptions due to added security, and out of respect for the Bush Family and friends attending the service, President Trump will not attend,” the White House said in a statement.

First Lady Melania Trump will attend the funeral.

Aside from her husband and son, other former presidents Bill Clinton and Barack Obama will be at Saturday's service.
Former first ladies Hillary Clinton, Laura Bush and Michelle Obama will also attend.

Link: Barbara Bush funeral: Donald Trump not attending 'out of respect' - BBC News

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

What a load of rubbish that he can't attend because of security disruptions and "out of respect " for the Bush family! He's probably scared of the Bushes and he realizes he won't be the center of attention at the funeral.
So Melania will attend while he works hard this weekend at Mar-A-Lago !
Are you attending?

Old 04-21-2018, 12:40 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,273,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Trump once again shows why he is mentally and morally unfit for office. He has no sense of the norms of the presidency. Trumpists laud his brutish behavior, but what he really is, in failing to attend Barbara Bush's funeral, is a coward. A fearful little man who quivers at the thought of being with former presidents who are far greater than he will ever be.
Good Grief!!

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/bar...thwest-n534901

Did you think that Obama was mentally and morally unfit when he did not attend the funerals of Betty Ford, Nancy Reagan & Supreme Court Justice Scalia???

Presidents rarely attend the funerals of former Forst Ladies - the last President to do so was John F Kennedy.
The Trump Hate is off the Wall.

Old 04-21-2018, 12:43 PM

524 posts, read 574,968 times
I despise Trump, but think this was the right thing to do. I don't think the family would want him there, so out of respect, he should not go.

Old 04-21-2018, 12:46 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooks1976 View Post
I despise Trump, but think this was the right thing to do. I don't think the family would want him there, so out of respect, he should not go.
I totally agree.

Old 04-21-2018, 12:46 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,075,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Adults do this all the time.

Bentlebee, it’s possible to respectfully disagree with someone’s policies while you like them as a person. Also, it’s possible for relationships to evolve. Adults are familiar with this concept.
Or, everyone was mud slinging for political expediency.

Old 04-21-2018, 12:53 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,273,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
It is true Obama did not go to Nancy Reagan's funeral.

As pointed out it isn't protocol for a sitting President to attend the funeral of a past First Lady.

BUT -- Obama had prior formal engagements made. He didn't go golfing the day of the funeral.

Trump is vacationing at Mar A Lago -- and is he golfing today?

I think that's what folks are riled up about.

But it isn't necessary for him to go and I don't think he should have.
You are correct, Obama did not play golf - he went to an Austin TX Music Festval & a Fund Raiser.
We have no clue about what President Trump does at Mara Lago - last week he had meetings with Prime Minister Abe there. The press is not allowed on the grounds except by invitation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies