Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2018, 10:58 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Hey if anyone wants to unload a 45-75qt Yeti cause they are upset- gimmee a pm.

They are easier to open when it’s frigid outside and you’re wearing gloves. Pelican has a funky latch system...
Who needs a cooler in MT anyways? Outside IS a cooler 350+ days a year...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2018, 11:01 AM

764 posts, read 235,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
They never said that they were against the 2nd amendment, they discontinued a discount program and replaced it with something else. Businesses do that sometimes. The NRA is the one that is trying to bully businesses for not giving them special perks.
My point is damage control....... public perception is everything in marketing. Yeti is trying to smooth over any ruffles in the gun community. I said nothing about whether they took a position against the 2nd.

Old 04-24-2018, 11:01 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
Businesses never learn that it will always cost them money when they get political. Plenty of competition.

Old 04-24-2018, 11:06 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Businesses never learn that it will always cost them money when they get political. Plenty of competition.
How is not offering a discount program political? It would seem that not offering a special deal to a group would be neutral. IF Yeti had made a statement about dumping just the NRA because of their political stance THEN it would be the company getting political. That isn't what happened.
The NRA is the one that made a business discontinuing a program political.

Old 04-24-2018, 11:07 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,024,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL IRON View Post
My point is damage control....... public perception is everything in marketing. Yeti is trying to smooth over any ruffles in the gun community. I said nothing about whether they took a position against the 2nd.
Precisely - public perception. Was just looking through the comments on Yeti's statement and about 99% of the people there aren't buying it due to the timing and tone of the statement. This isn't over for Yeti yet.

Old 04-24-2018, 11:08 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,024,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
How is not offering a discount program political? It would seem that not offering a special deal to a group would be neutral. IF Yeti had made a statement about dumping just the NRA because of their political stance THEN it would be the company getting political. That isn't what happened.
The NRA is the one that made a business discontinuing a program political.
If that's true, Yeti has an absolute defense - the truth. Would be really easy to show the communication/letter they sent out to all of these companies to prove their side. Because at this point, what they're doing is not working.

Old 04-24-2018, 11:10 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,486,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
If that's true, Yeti has an absolute defense - the truth. Would be really easy to show the communication/letter they sent out to all of these companies to prove their side. Because at this point, what they're doing is not working.
Why doesn't the NRA produce the email? Are they hiding something? What they are doing is not working.

Old 04-24-2018, 11:11 AM

45,396 posts, read 60,575,206 times
Sometimes companies miscalculate:

Smith & Wesson Almost Went Out Of Business Trying To Do The Right Thing - Business Insider

Old 04-24-2018, 11:15 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
You obviously don't live in a big hunting and fishing locale. Stickers, hats, shirts - loads of people wore/wear them. Like having a Scout boat if you inshore fish and people wear Scout boat hats all the time too. Just something that demographic does but Yeti does a TON of marketing to the exact crowd that would likely support the NRA even if they aren't members themselves. So if they're willing to throw away that demographic, will they be able to sell enough of their product to a different demographic? I kind of doubt it.
I live in KY, and know plenty of people that do lots of outdoor activities, but majority of them go to walmart or a similar place for a cooler.

I spent many weekends in the outdoors when I was younger too, we always used cheap coolers, and never had any problems with them keeping stuff cold (or cold enough) for days on end, even the really cheap walmart coolers will keep stuff ice cold for 2-3 days I dont know anyone that would have spent over $300. on a cooler!

I have a feeling Yeti caters to those who like to spend time outdoors, but those that have their limits, kind of like to some camping means tent in the middle of nowhere, and to others it means renting a fully furnished cabin with heat/ AC, big screen TV, comfy beds, etc. lol

Old 04-24-2018, 11:16 AM

4,563 posts, read 4,101,921 times
The coffee in my Yeti mug just started tasting better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies