Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2018, 07:13 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,699,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
Point made - Bret Baier didn't "strip the bark" off of James Comey. The truth is that Comey ran rings around Baier's attempt to trip up Comey via misquotes of what Comey has said and Fox News propaganda talking points. Comey calmly and politely corrected every attempt Baier made at misstatements and outright fabrications, Baier trying (and failing) to trip Comey up. At the end of the interview I actually felt kind of sorry for ole Bret, knowing that he'd be severely chastised behind the scenes by the powers-that-be at Fox News for the man-handling he received at the hands of Comey.

As for "what could [Baier] have asked" - you're begging the question so hard it's really sad, so sad.
I do agree that Baier didn't strip the bark off Comey like some expected. What he did was even better. He exposed him. Comey was in full blown weasel moves.

One weasel move he is trapped in still is not knowing who paid for the dossier. To use the dossier on so many occasions, Trump, Obama, Clapper, FISA court, media leak and not knowing how it was generated and who paid for it is unbelievable but that was his testimony before congress and he has to stay with it, he thinks, to protect himself. He can't evolve with new and better information. A purely defensive posture.

It shows how incompetent or clueless he was as head of the FBI. When Comey says it wasn't important to know for his purpose, he's right because he is serving himself, he's not serving the FBI, the President and President elect or the American people. Its all about Comey serving himself and his purpose to frame Trump with a scandal and remove him from office.

To use the dossier in a FSIA warrant to spy on an American citizen and being not interested in who or where it was generated or paid for and briefing the President elect and President Obama on it. Unbelievable incompetence.

If anyone is begging it's Comey. The poor tortured sole is begging people to believe his values and morals are higher than all others. He's disappointed in everyone above him and below him. Obama disappointed. Trump disappointed. Lynch disappointed. McCabe disappointed. Congress disappointed. American voter disappointed.

Newt Gingrich nailed it. Watch Comey's face without the sound in the interviews.

Comey is a classic manipulator. He taught himself a number of self-serving facial expressions he uses over and over.
Its kind of funny, here is the clip of Newt explaining it.

Newt Gingrich: Comey is almost a pathological liar | On Air Videos | Fox News

I don't know how the baseball got out of my hands.
I think my cousin must have done it.
I couldn't have done it.
I hate throwing McCabe under the bus.

Last edited by phma; 04-27-2018 at 07:23 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2018, 07:29 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,699,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman83 View Post
Its proven by the fact that the FISA warrants where first issued without the Steele dossier. The Steele dossier is mentioned in the 3 FISA application.
Not true.
They attempted to get the first FISA warrant without the dossier and failed. Used the dossier on the second try and succeeded. Then use it 3 more times getting the extensions. Comey, McCabe, and Rosenstein all signed off on one of the FISA extension warrants.
For a total of five try's. Time wise Carter Paige was under surveillance for one year and was under surveillance when he testified before congress. He is charged with no crimes currently and hasn't been charge or convicted of anything by the surveillance.

Last edited by phma; 04-27-2018 at 07:43 AM..

Old 04-27-2018, 08:11 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,484,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Bair does a very good interview and he is fair.
I have never seen him, but I heard that about him from somewhere.

Old 04-27-2018, 08:16 AM

34,268 posts, read 18,645,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
Caught the tail of the Brett Baier interview with James Comey.

Baier got schooled.
How so? Nobody, including Baier, expected Comey to say anything meaningful. I thought it was decent of Fox to give him an outlet. Comey is a pure, narcissistic liar.

Old 04-27-2018, 10:30 AM

57,410 posts, read 26,345,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Not true.
They attempted to get the first FISA warrant without the dossier and failed. Used the dossier on the second try and succeeded. Then use it 3 more times getting the extensions. Comey, McCabe, and Rosenstein all signed off on one of the FISA extension warrants.
For a total of five try's. Time wise Carter Paige was under surveillance for one year and was under surveillance when he testified before congress. He is charged with no crimes currently and hasn't been charge or convicted of anything by the surveillance.
A judge rejected the FISA Warrant so they resubmitted it 4 times and the Dossier was key according to you. I didn't read this anywhere else nor did Baier make that claim in the interview so you are just making stuff up. Why would they charge Page he was just under suspicion, he didn't do anything wrong and didn't lie to the FBI as was the case with Flynn, Gates and the others.

Old 04-27-2018, 12:52 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,816,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I've never seen him either although I follow him on Twitter. He is certainly more respectful than trump and his cronies.

Old 04-27-2018, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
He is on the 6PM EST time slot and heads a panel of 4+, mostly right/moderate right but fair for the most part.

Old 04-27-2018, 04:53 PM

27,219 posts, read 46,821,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
I do agree that Baier didn't strip the bark off Comey like some expected. What he did was even better. He exposed him. Comey was in full blown weasel moves.

One weasel move he is trapped in still is not knowing who paid for the dossier. To use the dossier on so many occasions, Trump, Obama, Clapper, FISA court, media leak and not knowing how it was generated and who paid for it is unbelievable but that was his testimony before congress and he has to stay with it, he thinks, to protect himself. He can't evolve with new and better information. A purely defensive posture.

It shows how incompetent or clueless he was as head of the FBI. When Comey says it wasn't important to know for his purpose, he's right because he is serving himself, he's not serving the FBI, the President and President elect or the American people. Its all about Comey serving himself and his purpose to frame Trump with a scandal and remove him from office.

To use the dossier in a FSIA warrant to spy on an American citizen and being not interested in who or where it was generated or paid for and briefing the President elect and President Obama on it. Unbelievable incompetence.

If anyone is begging it's Comey. The poor tortured sole is begging people to believe his values and morals are higher than all others. He's disappointed in everyone above him and below him. Obama disappointed. Trump disappointed. Lynch disappointed. McCabe disappointed. Congress disappointed. American voter disappointed.

Newt Gingrich nailed it. Watch Comey's face without the sound in the interviews.

Comey is a classic manipulator. He taught himself a number of self-serving facial expressions he uses over and over.
Its kind of funny, here is the clip of Newt explaining it.

Newt Gingrich: Comey is almost a pathological liar | On Air Videos | Fox News

I don't know how the baseball got out of my hands.
I think my cousin must have done it.
I couldn't have done it.
I hate throwing McCabe under the bus.
So smart to keep asking questions... everything is on tape from Goudy, Cooper, Baier, etc. and every sound bite can and will be used against this leaker and liar.

Old 04-27-2018, 05:26 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,417,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
No, they were not issued. They tried 3 times prior, to adding the Dossier and were denied.
Sigh. what nonsense. They were denied once. The 3 additional submittals after they were granted a FISA warrent are because you have to resubmit extensions every 90 days. And they did this-and it was repeatedly granted. They didn't try "three times prior". They tried once, got denied, and tried again later-and were granted. Then they were able to repeatedly get it renewed.

And Carter page had been targetted for recruitment by Russian spies before, and that alone would have given them probable cause. We dont know why the first one was denied.

Old 04-27-2018, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
So smart to keep asking questions... everything is on tape from Goudy, Cooper, Baier, etc. and every sound bite can and will be used against this leaker and liar.
Maybe we can get into specifics at some point, what was the leak and what did he lie about. The thread is regarding a half hour interview and the best you can come up with is that he is a liar, I was hoping for a little more detail rather than the usual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies