Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2018, 08:36 AM

5,731 posts, read 2,192,381 times

Advertisements

Yes, a real president. Here's a tweet from Obama's brain trust and national security advisor, what a genius.

Ben Rhodes
"Every taunt back and forth between Trump and Kim Jong Un makes deescalation and diplomacy less possible."

Old 04-27-2018, 08:36 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,708,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Ok, you opened this can of worms, let's see how you defend what YOUR BOY has done in the past 15 months.

Golfing and vacations: In 2017 alone, Trump went to Mar A Lago 17 times, that is about one time every 3 weeks. As for golfing, I can't count how many days he has spent on the course. He has racked up so may millions of dollars in police overtime in Palm Beach, protecting his fat butt while he is there, that those towns are currently chasing the government for repayment.

That was 2017........in 2018, he has been there 6 more times, and we are only into April.

Obamacare: In case you didn't notice, Trump has not been able to replace it with anything "better", and the Republicans control the WH, the Senate, and the House ! Trump has basically given up trying, something Obama never did, even though he fought tooth and nail against the GOP to get it done. It might have taken him 2 years, but where are we after almost a year and a half of the Orange Miracle trying to find something better? The answer is NOWHERE !

Campaigner: Uh, how many trips has Trump made to try to support some GOP candidate........all on our dime ? You forget about Roy Moore and the guy in Pennsylvania............all of which turned out to be a wasted trip for Trump, all of them lost. You and I paid for the gas in AF 1, and all the other expenses for him to make those little wasted trips.

Accomplishments Trump unraveled: Yep, you got me there. This vindictive little boy worked his ass off to ruin everything Obama did. Not because it was better for America, but just out of spite and pettiness. One example is messing with Americans being able to go to Cuba.........there was NO reason to do that, and it has hurt a lot of businesses HERE who were making money off of it.

Teleprompter: The reason Trump can not use one is that he CAN NOT READ ! Do you want to see videos of him trying to read something (I have them) because he stares at the page like he has never seen anything written before in his entire life. He is either blind as a bat or has some disability.

Anything else you would like to say about Obama ?
Well said. Trump supporters elected a lying, golfing, nepotistic, devisive , constantly campaigning, narcissist, lying, birther whose behavior demonstrates that evangelical positions were more political than religious. Hopefully the midterm elections will be the first step in taking the keys away. Obama has become my favorite president.

Old 04-27-2018, 08:38 AM

17,342 posts, read 11,274,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Personality IS important.
Policy is important, yes of course, but has your life changed in any tangible way since Trump was elected?
Mine hasn't changed at all apart from having to be subjected to this daily news circus.

I'm not going to get into the why's and how's of which president accomplished what, because you guys refuse the acknowledge a thing Obama did in any positive way, so we are never going to agree on that, so lets just put that aside.

It is important how a President projects himself to his country people and to the world. In many ways a president leads by example. Look at the name calling and the hatred and the way this county is divided. The right literally hate all 'liberals'. Look at your post: 'foaming at the mouth liberals'. I'm not saying liberals are any better. There's a lot more name calling going around on all sides. Liberals have no respect for conservatives for enabling this President.
Trump has torn this country apart. This nation is divided. How much is your $20 per week tax break worth to you?

Liberals find him embarrassing. The daily childish tweet storms are just... well I can't even put it into appropriate words. It's hard to be proud of the country you live in when you can't be proud of your president.
But see it works both ways depending on what side of the political spectrum you are. For many people who are on the right, Obama was a total embarrassment with his bowing to kings and making speeches that were not very complimentary to the U.S.
Obama divided this nation more than any other President with his lack of support for police and military and taking sides in almost any matter related to race instead of being neutral.
Obama was a smooth talker and not much else and people like that about him. Trump is anything but a smooth talker but isn't afraid to take on issues and step on peoples toes in doing so.

Old 04-27-2018, 08:38 AM

13,602 posts, read 4,929,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
That's the thing. People seem to love and hate Presidents on their personalities and personal likability, not what their accomplishments are.
If Trump didn't have such an abrasive personality, how many more people would rate him very highly considering he's done more in one year as President than most do in 8 years?
Of course you need to take the foaming at the mouth liberals out of the equation because they will hate anyone who's not on the Dem ticket no matter what he/she does even if it's middle of the road.
Abrasive is putting it mildly. But what I really take exception to is the statement "he's done more in one year as President than most do in 8 years". I have trouble pointing to a single accomplishment of Trump's thus far. Some of the few things that supporters might consider accomplishments (the tax cuts for example) I would see as negatives, which is why I said it's too early to tell. Is there anything Trump has accomplished that we could all agree was good for the nation?

Old 04-27-2018, 08:43 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,326,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
And you know what? I was watching this interview with Jimmy Carter a couple weeks ago ... and it made me yearn for a real, genuine person as a president.
Did it also make you yearn for the 18% inflation rate his administration saddled his successor with? Hmm?

16,352 posts, read 8,092,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Abrasive is putting it mildly. But what I really take exception to is the statement "he's done more in one year as President than most do in 8 years". I have trouble pointing to a single accomplishment of Trump's thus far. Some of the few things that supporters might consider accomplishments (the tax cuts for example) I would see as negatives, which is why I said it's too early to tell. Is there anything Trump has accomplished that we could all agree was good for the nation?
The deficit bloating tax cuts will be a drag on the economy over the long run.

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times
Quote:
Here is a list which does include the tax cuts which many think are a positive to help grow the economy. A growing economy will generate MORE tax revenue, create jobs, and help our trade deficit.

Trump

Old 04-27-2018, 08:44 AM

10,529 posts, read 6,163,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
But see it works both ways depending on what side of the political spectrum you are. For many people who are on the right, Obama was a total embarrassment with his bowing to kings and making speeches that were not very complimentary to the U.S.
Obama divided this nation more than any other President with his lack of support for police and military and taking sides in almost any matter related to race instead of being neutral.
Obama was a smooth talker and not much else and people like that about him. Trump is anything but a smooth talker but isn't afraid to take on issues and step on peoples toes in doing so.
There is always going to be a normal level of division.
When a Democrat is in office, Republicans won't like it.
When a Republican is in office, Democrats won't like it.

Trump has brought out the worst in people. You never heard the name-calling and hatred from Obama that you get from Trump. Trump has made name-calling okay. He's practically made a sub-career out of it.

Old 04-27-2018, 08:44 AM

17,342 posts, read 11,274,075 times
Quote:
Probably not because that's open to interpretation depending on how liberal or conservative you are. Personally, I wanted a President who is tough on the border issue and isn't pro illegal alien. What you see as a negative, I see as a positive.

Old 04-27-2018, 08:45 AM

2,274 posts, read 1,338,471 times
Quote:
Trump's "grab them by the *****" comments caught on video provided a lot of energy and brought increased attention to the issue of sexual harassment by rich and powerful men. IMO, it was Trump's comments that really got the ball rolling and led to the takedowns of people like Weinstein. So in a weird way, the fact that Trump basically admitted to being a sexual predator on tape is what put Me Too and Times Up on the map. I think Trump's behavior also helped women finally get justice when serial rapist Bill Cosby was convicted of at least some of his crimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies