Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2018, 11:58 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,229,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
So I spent a bit of time tracking this down

June, 2016 - Trump Tower meeting with Don Jr., Kushner, Manafort, and Russian lawyer/informant, Natalia Veselnitskaya, with the understanding she would provide dirt on Clinton. Smart money is that she was looking to trade this for help repealing the sanctions against Russians associated with the 2012 Magnitsky Act.

August 2016 - Briefing by the FBI warning Trump officials about attempts by foreign government, Russia, to spy on the campaign.

Trump received FBI warning that Russians would try to infiltrate campaign: report | TheHill

August 2016 - "An emissary for two Gulf state princes, a social-media-manipulating Israeli, and former Blackwater chief Erik Prince met with Donald Trump Jr. at Trump Tower to offer help to the campaign."

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018...mp-russia-case

Unclear on whether the FBI was told in August about the June meeting with Veselnitskaya, but it does sound like the Aug. meeting was not reported.
I know it was a while back, and people never really took him as viable candidate, but at least when Al Gore was approached/received intel, he went straight to the FBI with it.

Old 05-22-2018, 12:10 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
I know it was a while back, and people never really took him as viable candidate, but at least when Al Gore was approached/received intel, he went straight to the FBI with it.
He did indeed.

Old 05-22-2018, 12:14 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,742,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Yes, it's a whine fest and best to keep all the hate concentrated in one spot. Just come here a couple times a day and poke them with a stick by reminding them how great Trump is and about Clinton corruption.

It get's them all stirred up for a few hours. Almost as much fun as watching the media meltdown the night of the election.
Yes that's exactly what you do. You won't engage in any conversation, you don't answer questions posted to you. You just like to stir the pot. Smart, real smart. You just defend this president and refuse to see anything he does wrong. Why not try a discussion with someone that has a different opinion than yours and possibly, just possibly you may find you have some things in common instead of poking a stick and stirring the pot without any facts. Have a great day!

Old 05-22-2018, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeyinhouston View Post
Trump thinks he can outsmart the IC. ....
What if the spy is Trump?

What if he was caught red-handed in money laundering, bank fraud, treason, ... and he flipped?

Maybe demanding the DOJ investigate his campaign is a plot twist to move this drama to its inevitable conclusion.

Will he be demanding that the RNC be investigated as he thinks there are spies planted there as well?

Old 05-22-2018, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
Yes that's exactly what you do. You won't engage in any conversation, you don't answer questions posted to you. You just like to stir the pot. Smart, real smart. You just defend this president and refuse to see anything he does wrong. Why not try a discussion with someone that has a different opinion than yours and possibly, just possibly you may find you have some things in common instead of poking a stick and stirring the pot without any facts. Have a great day!
I can understand why they don't defend Trump. What can you say, really? His chaotic administration lurches along as he tweets out lies and insults. How does one defend that?

But I'm always surprised that those who add nothing to the conversation but nastiness aren't just put on ignore.

Old 05-22-2018, 12:58 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,742,119 times
Quote:
I can understand why they don't defend Trump. What can you say, really? His chaotic administration lurches along as he tweets out lies and insults. How does one defend that?

But I'm always surprised that those who add nothing to the conversation but nastiness aren't just put on ignore.
LOl I put him on ignore just after I wrote my post. You are so correct, I don't know how they can defend some of the things the president does.

Old 05-22-2018, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
LOl I put him on ignore just after I wrote my post. You are so correct, I don't know how they can defend some of the things the president does.
Good for you.

I got involved in one of these nonsensical back and forths and one of the mods suggested I do that. Worked like a charm.

If someone copies one of these posts in a reply, I see what they've written, but otherwise I'm oblivious to their nonsense.

C-D is a big party where everyone is invited. I wander around to the conversations that look interesting, and steer clear of the obnoxious drunks.

Old 05-22-2018, 01:37 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:

There is no Conversation with you you Libs. Your Trump hatred has blinded you to all the things he does that's good and you cannot carry on a reasonable conversation.

You won't admit or see the corruption that has been from the Dem party the last 2 years to take down this President. The truth about Democrats trying to overturn this last election through corruption is slowly being released.

You overlooked all the lies from Obama for 8 long years and now you call Trump out. A bunch of hypocrites.

Old 05-22-2018, 01:44 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,596,304 times
Quote:
There is no Conversation with you you Libs. Your Trump hatred has blinded you to all the things he does that's good and you cannot carry on a reasonable conversation.

You won't admit or see the corruption that has been from the Dem party the last 2 years to take down this President. The truth about Democrats trying to overturn this last election through corruption is slowly being released.

You overlooked all the lies from Obama for 8 long years and now you call Trump out. A bunch of hypocrites.

I'm pretty sure this won't get an answer, but do you care to compare the number of indictments tied to Obama and the number of guilty pleas tied to him versus the ones against Trump?

Hint: It's not even close.

Old 05-22-2018, 01:55 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times
Quote:

Trump: President for Life!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies