Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2018, 05:07 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
He's speaking slavery from a psychological standpoint and he's right.

If the slaves outnumber the owner, you shouldn't be a slave anymore. However if you believe you are a slave, then you'll remain a slave.

Even today, many people have the slave mindset even after we elected a black man as president for 8 years.
Good spin -- but no - because he used the Holocaust & Jews as a comparison....and guess what -- the Holocaust was not a choice and has nothing to do with your spin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2018, 05:18 PM

88 posts, read 50,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Sounds like what someone who doesn't read history would say.

http://twitter.com/zarzarbinkss/stat...023943170?s=19
The brother need help. It's obvious this is all publicity for something upcoming he's been on social media for the past week with this conservative narrative. He know's what he's doing controversy sells in America. I remember when he avoid TMZ and fight paparazzi in the past then all of sudden now he's running to them.

Old 05-01-2018, 05:22 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,398,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Kanye ought to know
He is voluntarily sucking up to Trump
1. Who do you voluntarily suck up to?

2. I find it hilarious that liberal Black people and other liberals think that they have a right to coral West back into a non-crime-think box just because he's Black. How racist can they get.

Old 05-01-2018, 08:26 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
He's a wealthy black man and is considered one of the greatest of all time, must not be too stupid.
Kanye West is one of the greatest what of all time?

Last edited by sickofnyc; 05-01-2018 at 08:38 PM..

Old 05-01-2018, 08:28 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,143,346 times
Oh, yes, black people booked passage to America, looked around for a bit, then announced: This place looks too tough for me to launch out on my own; I think I'd rather be a slave.

Old 05-01-2018, 08:45 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,398,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Oh, yes, black people booked passage to America, looked around for a bit, then announced: This place looks too tough for me to launch out on my own; I think I'd rather be a slave.
If Black people had had standing disciplined military regiments to repel slavers from the hypothetical African cities they should have had, then they wouldn't have been slaves.

Very rarely did foreign navies arrive to take slaves. Single ship or small fleet slavers either traded for slaves, from Africans themselves, or grabbed whatever people were too sociopolitically weak to effectively cooperate and defend themselves.

Although he might not have thought it through this far, Kanye's position essentially boils down to examining why Africans lacked the culture that would have enabled them to mount a military (or political) defense.

This is an extremely important concept for every tribe, even in the present day. Which is why Kanye feels that his quote is poignant. Examining historical slavery really isn't the point, but its useful in some respects. The point is to identify slave and non-slave culture, which are the same cultures today as they were then.

Being able to defend oneself from slavery is indicative of a non-slave culture. Not being able to do so, it is implied, is indicative of a slave culture. This cultural dichotomy still exists today when various groups are contrasted. The only thing that has changed form is the slavery itself.

Slavers (foreign political powers) will always want you to adopt slave culture. Your duty is to reject slave culture, or that which leads to sociopolitical dysfunction and thus an inability to internally cooperate to a politically meaningful level.

That type of cooperation absolutely begins with a strong nuclear family. Everything grows from there, politically speaking. Without it, no political power begins to grow in any meaningful sense. This is also something that Kanye may not have yet discovered. He merely seems to sense of overall game.

Old 05-01-2018, 09:22 PM

32,075 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
He's a wealthy black man and is considered one of the greatest of all time, must not be too stupid.

The greatest all time what? And who thinks that.

Old 05-01-2018, 09:30 PM

24,636 posts, read 9,464,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Good spin -- but no - because he used the Holocaust & Jews as a comparison....and guess what -- the Holocaust was not a choice and has nothing to do with your spin.
He used the holocaust and Jews as an example that Jews refused to let the Holocust “enslave” them or prevent them from succeeding in life.

Surely you don’t live under a bridge and find it confusing as to what he was saying, nor is it the first time Jews and blacks have been compared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Actually black people were sold by their own kings.

It would be tragic if it wasn’t so beneficial for blacks like myself who are now born in America instead of west Africa. I doubt you can find any African American who would have rather been born in Africa

Old 05-01-2018, 09:36 PM

24,636 posts, read 9,464,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
The greatest all time what? And who thinks that.
The liberal media of course
Quote:

When you just look at the albums, it's undeniable," says Billboard senior editor Alex Gale. "He's absolutely one of the best, and you could make the argument for the best artist of the 21st century. When he says he's a genius, he backs it up."

What sets West apart is his ability to reinvent himself on each of his six solo albums, starting with his 2004 debut, The College Dropout. The record was characterized by its vintage soul samples and relatable lyrics, drawing from his own experiences leaving college to pursue music (Graduation Day) and recovering from a near-fatal car accident (Through the Wire). West will unveil his next album Thursday.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...lbum/79814890/

Old 05-01-2018, 09:44 PM

21,478 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I really am not clear what the heck he's talking about or trying to infer, but it's hella confusing

Well, if you take the first four sentences out of context as people are doing now just to spite Kanye cuz of Trump, sure, it sounds like he's blaming black people for being slaves. But as he goes on, I really have no idea what he's trying to say.
I agree with Rocko. I read his post before I read the actual quote, and it makes a lot of sense. Kanye is a bit inarticulate (and crazy), but he’s not dumb.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies