Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2018, 02:57 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,591,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Stupid questions but I'll answer anyway. I didn't say she was crooked, I said she could be since she works for her crooked dad. And thanks, I already know she and Chelsea are friends.
Niburu could be a real planet and destroy Earth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2018, 02:58 PM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,666,603 times
Looks like it is going to be a tough next few days in the bunker. You would think that at some point, it would be figured out to go silent for a bit and get your ducks in a row. This flailing around has got to be driving Trump's attorneys totally up the wall.

Old 05-03-2018, 03:42 PM

1,071 posts, read 1,288,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Trump can afford two tiny little white lies depending on when and where he lies.
Yeah, if it weren't for ALL THOSE OTHERS; the many substantial big 'ol whoppers comingled with the many less consequential ones. With a pathological, generally indiscriminate liar like Trump, there is a never ending supply.

Anybody who thinks Trump can sit with investigators for even an hour and somehow rein in his lifelong pattern of chronic fabrication and falsehood is dreaming. Liars lie. Stupid liars lie stupidly, as Trump so often does. I would pay good money to see Trump, testifying under oath, try to spin and and cover for the ones he's told that are within the scope of the investigation.

I would also pay money to see him hooked up to a lie detector and to have the tech take their sweet time getting him hooked up "just right"--with no conversation of any sort-- and then a nice, "thorough" series of questions. Some liars can beat the detector and who knows whether Trump is one of them. The outcome per se wouldn't matter. Just seeing the lying, old gasbag thinking for a short while that he might be caught up with, that he might not be able to con an electronic contraption like he thinks he can with people would be good entertainment and a teeny little bit of karma.

Old 05-03-2018, 04:23 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
Looks like it is going to be a tough next few days in the bunker. You would think that at some point, it would be figured out to go silent for a bit and get your ducks in a row. This flailing around has got to be driving Trump's attorneys totally up the wall.
How long until he loses or fires another you figure?

Seriously if I was a lawyer this is the sort of idiocy that would make me question my life choices on career.

Old 05-03-2018, 04:24 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Thanks for the thread. This is a nice deflect for us.

This is possible I guess.

Nerve wracking for us and fantistycal for the Libbies?

We'll see how it shakes out.

Going for broke at best.

Trump can afford two tiny little white lies depending on when and where he lies.
Apparently he can afford 200 or so.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-03-2018, 04:35 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
The interview was uproarious and bizarre.

“Ivanka Trump? I think I would get on my charger and go ride into their offices with a lance, if they go after Ivanka. Now if they do do Ivanka, which I don’t think they will, the whole country will turn on them. If they go after her, the whole country will turn on them. They’re going after his daughter?”

Really?

Rudy marching to Mueller's office in a suit of armor and a lance. The whole notion makes you want to laugh.

The country rising up for Ivanka?

Even Trumpers see that as a sorry comment. How unhinged are these people?

Poor Jared, he is "disposable".

Rudy is going through a divorce so maybe he has his eyes on dating Ivanka. "She's a fine woman," Rudy said. Whoa!!!!!!

He'll have to get in line though after the Donald.
I can't believe he said Jared was disposable! Speak of . . where has Jared been? He sure has been laying low these past couple weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Do you think Ivanka is crooked just because Hillary praised her and knows her because she is a friend of Chelsea?
Is there extra pay for typing Hillary's name for no conceivable reason?

Old 05-03-2018, 04:39 PM

17,804 posts, read 13,708,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post

Well played Rudy.
Uh, yeah......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18caPNisP2U

Old 05-03-2018, 04:41 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times
Lol. I'm thinking dementia is contagious. Rudy stepped in it a number of times. He basically said Trump fired Comey to block the Russia investigation and that Trump and Cohen may have committed felonies. We all heard Trump tell Lester Holt why he fired Comey. Now Giuliani trying to make explanations for all the lies, criminal and unethical behavior. Does he not know it is on tape?

It's like Giuliani has forgotten the actual legal rules for handling money. He needs to look up the legal rules about 'co-mingling' funds. It is very strict. Lawyers don't just 'front' money and get paid back. Trust accounts and bank accounts have to be very detailed and strictly monitored. I love the way Giuliani casually said Cohen paid the money (with a loan according to Cohen) and then Trump paid him back. Doesn't work that way. Rudy has worked for such shady characters that he has forgotten how ethical lawyers have to behave.

I think that Giuliani, Trump and Cohen have thrown out so many lies and so much BS, they think they will confuse the public enough that it won't matter. Mueller will not be confused,nor will the attorneys on the Mueller team. Throwing Rudy into this lawyer cake mix is not going to save Trump. There is also the matter of Giuliani leaking FBI info prior to it happening during the campaign. Trump is toxic. Giuliani is the same BSer he has always been. I remember his run for presidency. Giuliani thinks he's a fixer because he's got contacts in NY. He's just another sleazebag with law degree. Who do you think Trump's been getting all his bad advice from all this time? Giuliani and Hannity.

Old 05-03-2018, 04:42 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,970,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
That's how I became a Trump supporter. I saw mainstream media acting hysterical over every Trump utterance and just had to see why. "Methinks you dost protest too much." They called too much attention to minor things.

Youtube is a great resource. I saw for myself how they edited everything Trump to fit their own agenda. Quite the education. But they overplayed their hand and it backfired. People don't like being manipulated. Now most people have a healthy skepticism.

As Ronald Reagan said, "Trust but verify."
Exactly. We have verified that Donald Trump cannot tell us the time of day without lying about it. It's pathetic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies