Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Trump a Jerk? (Personality wise)
No, He seems like a real nice guy 42 45.65%
Yes, what a jerk! 50 54.35%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2018, 08:51 AM

54,498 posts, read 33,869,039 times

Advertisements

Trump Supporters: Do you think Trump is a jerk?

There should have been a third choice - Don't Know

I don't judge people I don't know, if I knew him personally then I'd make the decision whether he's a jerk or not, otherwise all I can tell you is, he's a great president.

Old 05-04-2018, 08:54 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,060,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Back View Post
I think one of the reasons many people hate Donald Trump so much is he just comes across as the biggest jerk in the world.

But his supporters may disagree. A group of us were chatting at work and in the mix was a number of Trump supporters. I stated I thought Donald Trump's personality was just terrible. A total jerk. But the Trump supporters disagreed. They all thought he was a nice guy and someone they would love to have as a friend.

So if you are a Trump supporter, what do you think of his persona and personality? Is he a jerk?

(I am not talking about his policies but his personality.)
No middle ground on the poll either he is great or he is a jerk.

Old 05-04-2018, 08:57 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Trump is born, raised and is a successful RE developer in NYC. Is there really any need to ask why anyone thinks he is a jerk?

My two cents:
Everyone has different reasons for liking and/or disliking him. I like what he is trying to accomplish, hate that he keeps getting in his own way and giving ammunition to MSM and the tribe.

How I see his detractors:
In the case of the left it's simply that they lost and he clearly won. How could a billionaire reality star beat their Queen? This thread is a glaring example of how they refuse to accept this fact 16 months later and show no sign of stopping, ever.

R Presidents:
Reagan was hated for trickle down, GWB was really hated for starting wars, now Trump is extremely hated for everything, even as he has done some great world changing things. That he would still be hated by the progs even if he solved the Korean problem is beyond me.

There's a pattern with the Marxist left. They would rather see a Republican fail and will do their best to manufacture such failure than see him and the country succeed.

PS, I don't want a "nice" President. Eight years of "nice" got us nowhere!
Democrats are as upset as the rest of America about the direction in which the country is headed, but as the dysfunctionally insane they keep voting for the same people who are doing all this damage and expecting a different result.

Your post has very good points.

Old 05-04-2018, 08:58 AM

3,406 posts, read 3,450,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
No middle ground on the poll either he is great or he is a jerk.
As far as the left thinks yes theres either or.. with them or against them.. on every topic theres only 2 choices. And if you are against them they want to finish you.

Old 05-04-2018, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
I'd ask these people if they would trust him around their wives and/or daughters.
Do you trust your wife or daughters?

Old 05-04-2018, 09:01 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,626,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Do any of these fit The Donald?

Here are the top symptoms a narcissist may present:
  • Reaction to criticism with rage, shame or humiliation
  • Take advantage of other people to achieve his or her own goals
  • Have excessive feelings of self-importance
  • Exaggerate achievements and talents
  • Be preoccupied with fantasies of success, power, beauty, intelligence or ideal love
  • Have unreasonable expectations of favorable treatment
  • Need constant attention and admiration
  • Disregard the feelings of others, and have little ability to feel empathy
  • Have obsessive self-interest
  • Pursue mainly selfish goals
How many of these traits can be attributed to Obama? Be truthful...

Old 05-04-2018, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobo1 View Post
How has it been a nightmare?
Taxes down, unemployment down, business optimism up, stock market up, possible good future in the Korean Peninsula...

Most of the nightmare is caused by the media hyping unimportant "facts" day after day.

Old 05-04-2018, 09:05 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Back View Post
I think one of the reasons many people hate Donald Trump so much is he just comes across as the biggest jerk in the world.

But his supporters may disagree. A group of us were chatting at work and in the mix was a number of Trump supporters. I stated I thought Donald Trump's personality was just terrible. A total jerk. But the Trump supporters disagreed. They all thought he was a nice guy and someone they would love to have as a friend.

So if you are a Trump supporter, what do you think of his persona and personality? Is he a jerk?

(I am not talking about his policies but his personality.)
Donald Trump is a guy that will absolutely engage in a fight. He is willing to fight dirty. If someone brings a knife he will bring a nuclear weapon. He escalates immediately when attacked.

I have yet to see him just pick a fight. I have seen him eviscerate those who attacked him...even when the attack was more of a slight.

is he a jerk? well he certainly does not let his political enemies get away with anything unlike George W. Bush did. George was hated by the left anyway... maybe even held in contempt.

I said no not a jerk, although I didn't say that because I think he is a big warm fuzzy teddy bear. The dude is aggressive and when he has something in mind, he goes after it full force. But that doesn't mean he is a jerk.

The reason I LIKE him is because he responds to every attack and leaves nothing on the table. The left is constantly on the offensive. Republicans traditionally apologize and go hide. I am done with that. I want a guy like Trump who will stand up to the torrent of slander and viciousness that comes from the left and gives better than he gets.

Old 05-04-2018, 09:08 AM

30,373 posts, read 19,170,654 times
He can be a jerk but we hired him to fix problems and he is doing just that.

Old 05-04-2018, 09:12 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Donald Trump is a guy that will absolutely engage in a fight. He is willing to fight dirty. If someone brings a knife he will bring a nuclear weapon. He escalates immediately when attacked.

I have yet to see him just pick a fight. I have seen him eviscerate those who attacked him...even when the attack was more of a slight.

is he a jerk? well he certainly does not let his political enemies get away with anything unlike George W. Bush did. George was hated by the left anyway... maybe even held in contempt.

I said no not a jerk, although I didn't say that because I think he is a big warm fuzzy teddy bear. The dude is aggressive and when he has something in mind, he goes after it full force. But that doesn't mean he is a jerk.

The reason I LIKE him is because he responds to every attack and leaves nothing on the table. The left is constantly on the offensive. Republicans traditionally apologize and go hide. I am done with that. I want a guy like Trump who will stand up to the torrent of slander and viciousness that comes from the left and gives better than he gets.
When Obama was president Republicans let Obama and Democrats walk all over them. President Trump is a fighter and the left is not used to anyone standing up to them. They are even used to celebrities cowering to them to save their careers. Expecting dissenters to cower is tyrannical, it's dangerous. They can't stand that Trump doesn't cower.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies