Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2018, 11:54 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,664,869 times

Advertisements

Mueller's authority in the Russia investigation has been called into question by a federal judge. Trouble for the resistance !!!

It's the first judge but won't be the last Judge to question DAG Rosenstein's authority. Wait until Rosenstein is call as a witness.
Can't wait to see him take the stand and be ask about what he was thinking after leaving the Oval Office and realizing his friend Mueller didn't get the job as FBI director.

US District Judge Amy Berman Jackson raised questions about whether Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein's decision to appoint a special counsel to investigate Russian meddling in the 2016 election gives Mueller more authority than what the Department of Justice (DOJ) typically allows.

Mueller's authority in Russia probe called into question by federal judge - Business Insider
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2018, 11:58 AM

26,580 posts, read 14,458,253 times
i look forward to her decision.

so far the challenges to mueller in the manafort case have not gone in manafort's favor.

Old 05-04-2018, 12:00 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,730,782 times
That is what the judge said...Let's wait and see how he rules. Judges are well known to slap the government around before they rule in their favor. He is asking hard questions which is fair, if Mueller has good answers it only strengthens the Special Counsel's case.

Old 05-04-2018, 12:05 PM

This and all cases that are contested and brought to court by Mueller are likely to be appealed to the SCOTUS.

Old 05-04-2018, 12:09 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,794,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
This and all cases brought to court by Mueller are likely to be appealed to the SCOTUS.
Appealed by who? You can only appeal a case that you have been found guilty, at least as far as I know.

Muellers cases are falling apart even before they get started.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...accused-lying/

The Mueller team has been accused of lying by the judge they are before.

OOPs there it is, OOPs there it is.

MAGA, WINNING, whatever... the witch hunt just got called out by the judge. How shameful has our justice dept. become? I can't even wrap my head around how corrupt DC is. Far worse than even I, a diehard Libertarian, thought it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
That is what the judge said...Let's wait and see how he rules. Judges are well known to slap the government around before they rule in their favor. He is asking hard questions which is fair, if Mueller has good answers it only strengthens the Special Counsel's case.

Read the link above ^^^^

Their answer was "Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein provided them broad authority to pursue any criminal activity they discovered in the course of investigating Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election"

Ellis was unconvinced, pointing out that some of the relevant information in Manafort’s case came from an earlier Department of Justice investigation, not the special counsel’s probe, according to Fox News.

The judge then proceeded to summarize the prosecution’s case: “We said this was what the investigation was about but we are not bound by it and we were lying,” he said. “C’mon Man!”

BOOM! The judge said they were LYING!

What a shock! Do you even know the history of Mueller and his team? How they have railroaded innocent people/companies in the past. How they manufactured false evidence and omitted evidence that went against their cases... HOW THEY HAVE A TRACK RECORD OF L Y I N G !!!

Last edited by steven_h; 05-04-2018 at 12:19 PM..

Old 05-04-2018, 12:15 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,590,300 times
This is several weeks old. All that was reported was that Judge Berman heard argument on Manafort's motion to suppress. Not only is it dated, but the thread title is completely misleading.

Old 05-04-2018, 12:21 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,076,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
This is several weeks old. All that was reported was that Judge Berman heard argument on Manafort's motion to suppress. Not only is it dated, but the thread title is completely misleading.
This is not "old news", nor is the thread title "misleading".

There were new questions brought up in court today.

"Friday, however, marked the first time that Manafort’s arguments about the scope of Mueller’s powers appeared to have gained some traction.

During the oral arguments, Ellis repeatedly chided Mueller’s $10 million budget.

He also asked whether Rosenstein, who oversees the probe and is considered an important witness into whether Trump tried to obstruct justice, is recused from the case.

And he repeatedly claimed that the indictment appeared to serve as a way for Mueller to “assert leverage” over Manafort.

“The vernacular,” he said “is to sing.”

Ellis did not issue a ruling on Manafort’s motion to dismiss the indictment Friday.

But he asked why a run-of-the-mill bank fraud case with no “reference to any Russian individual or Russian bank” could not be handed over to the U.S. Attorney’s Office in the Eastern District of Virginia."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1I51WE

Old 05-04-2018, 12:22 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,794,304 times
Quote:
Wow... okay...

This is fresh news as of today. This is Judge Ellis, not Berman. The OP might want to edit the first post a bit.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...accused-lying/

I'm getting some popcorn and cozy pillow as I watch the Trump haters twist themselves into pretzels to say this isn't what it is.

Old 05-04-2018, 12:28 PM

Quote:
I'm not concerned. How would you correct it ?

If Mueller kicks in my door that will change.

Old 05-04-2018, 12:41 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,730,782 times
Quote:
But Ellis did not say whether or not the special counsel has the authority to bring the charges, leaving open the question of whether he will dismiss the case. Manafort is seeking to have the charges against him thrown out on the basis that the alleged tax and bank fraud charges against him have nothing to do with Trump or the campaign.

“I’m not saying it’s illegitimate,” Ellis said.
http://thehill.com/policy/national-s...on-prosecutors

As I said, what a judge says and how he rules can be two completely separate things. He definitely spanked the Mueller team today. There is nothing wrong with keeping prosecutors honest. If he doesn't throw out the case then that means Mueller's team made their case. Has anyone heard of the term Devil's Advocate?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies