Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2018, 01:54 PM

1,239 posts, read 513,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Pro-forced-birthers care about the fetus. They care nothing about the actual child, as they are typically the same people who want to cut off welfare to these children once they're here. When they're in the womb you love them so much! Once they're through that birth canal, though, they can starve for all you care.

You fool no one pretending otherwise, as you have demonstrated absolutely no compassion for these unwanted children or the quality of life they have once they leave the womb. Nor do you give a damn about the desperate women who knew they weren't in a position to have a child but who you want to force to have them anyway, and then have to struggle to care for and provide for them.

These actual, living, breathing people are nothing to you.

Only the fetus matters.
Very well said.

Old 05-18-2018, 02:05 PM

36,794 posts, read 31,091,491 times
13,650 low cost clinics covering ~3.8 million square miles for Im guessing 75 million women of childbearing age.

Yep, 650 more than is needed sounds about right.

Old 05-18-2018, 02:14 PM

18,449 posts, read 19,096,574 times
Simple fact women have the right to privacy. What we do with our own reproductive organs is our business alone. We will not go back to coat hanger days. Call us murderers immoral or whatever you like women live their life according to their own values not yours

Old 05-18-2018, 02:30 PM

89,469 posts, read 45,146,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Simple fact women have the right to privacy. What we do with our own reproductive organs is our business alone.
Sounds good to me... STOP confiscating taxpayer money to pay for YOUR choices. Pay for your own reproductive choices yourself!

Old 05-18-2018, 02:36 PM

20,461 posts, read 14,794,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
If abortions happened only because of failed birth control there would be very few abortions.
I have been pregnant 3 times that I know of. The first: Used condom, was young and had no health insurance, so did not know how to go about staying on the pill (I didn't even know I needed prenatal care, so did not see a doctor until my Mom relocated to my area and took me to see one, around 4 months.) Anyhow though, we used protection and it failed. We were dirt poor, and the last thing we needed was a baby, but because of nature's way of flooding a mum's body with hormones, no WAY was I aborting that child. I had him, and struggled, was homeless a while, but recovered.

Second: On purpose. We were doing better (somewhat) in life, and I decided if I had the one, two would be better.

-Got my tubes tied-

Third: Doctor said I could resume sexual activity, protected from conception, as soon as I felt recovered enough, generally two weeks later. So she said. Two weeks later, I was having my first period. Had sex. Conceived. I can only assume I had a "round in the chamber" so to speak. I had NO, no no no no intention to carry that to term. I was prepared to do the early stages two-pill version of abortion, told I had to wait until 6 weeks to do that. (6-12 weeks.) While waiting, around 5 weeks, I miscarried. It was never viable, did not "attach." I find abortion morally repugnant, personally, but I would have done it. I'm grateful that I was spared having to do so.

Now I could enumerate my circumstances and the reasons I felt I would have been justified, so that the court of public opinion could determine if I was merely being "lazy and irresponsible" but thankfully I am not required to do any such foolery.

So, point is, two out of three of my pregnancies were due to failed birth control. Two out of three were unintended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws View Post
You do realize that abortion is all about economic class, dont you? The rich and affluent have always had abortions and always will no matter the whims of government. Or are you going to give every woman who crosses state lines or boards an airplane a pregnancy test?
Its the poor and lower middle class who are punished by religious zealots who believe a baby before birth is worth more than a baby after birth. The very economic class that can least afford an infant.
Why the punishment for these economic classes? The rich and affluent wont put up with these draconian attempts to regulate reproduction.
So I have a thought. Tinfoil hat time. The folks who would like the lower income populations of this nation to breed, hopefully be ignorant and religious and breeding like rabbits, what do you suppose is their agenda? The children who survive, where do you figure they end up in life? Well, some are gonna wind up in prison. For profit prison, working for the benefit of others. Some will also go to the biggest institution in this country that gives you a decent shot at climbing out of poverty, with promotion opportunities, free education, free healthcare, the works. That would be the military.

I kinda feel that a certain group of people might have an interest in having more cannon fodder churned out on an ongoing basis here. Just saying. I mean, the draft didn't work out so well, so maybe just lots of kids with nowhere to go, economic conditions being what they are, you can get plenty of volunteers...

Of course there are all the kids taken from neglectful or drug addicted parents. I'm sure they all wind up in loving, caring, healthy foster homes. Or sex trafficked. You know, whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Let me know when men start lining up for abortions.

Women control BC. Anyone who refuses to acknowledge this is not being honest and is deflecting the responsibility of pregnancy away from women. Because, well, abortion is never a woman's fault.

Any woman can refuse sex with a man who does not wear a condom. So yes, women always control BC.

Don't want to get pregnant? Don't have unprotected sex. Apparently it is a very very VERY hard concept to grasp.
You know maybe, perhaps, American women will one day come in only one of two flavors:
- Man hating lesbian
- Breeding cow

That would fix everything!

Quote:
I'm confused.

I said use a condom. Over and over and over again.

I was asked what I would do if I were a man who did not want children. My response? Get a vasectomy and wear a condom.

Women who refuse to take control of their sex life by not using BC, using it improperly, only using 1 form, and not having it on hand for those "just in case" "moment took me away" situations are IRRESPONSIBLE.

Women who do not want to get pregnant should REQUIRE their male partners wear a condom. If he won't wear it? KICK HIM TO THE CURB.

What is unclear about that?
Curious. Have you heard of a thing called "stealthing?" Apparently some fellows find it fun to sneakily slip off the condom when a woman is very much distracted or in not quite the...position...to notice, and finish au naturale.

Nice, huh?

But here's a thought...if a woman is not RESPONSIBLE enough to prevent a pregnancy she doesn't want, then I am not sure she is RESPONSIBLE enough to raise a kid. In fact, I really question it. I once saw a young lady go to enter a Planned Parenthood office that was right next door to the (unrelated, accounting firm) office where I worked. (Oh, and the protesters used to scream at us when we were on our breaks, even though we had nothing to do with PP and told them so. We were women! So, obviously to be screamed at about sin and temptation and the such! Such a nice bunch of people they were.) So this young lady, she first went to the wrong door. After struggling to open it for a good 20 seconds, she noticed the large sign that said "Please use other entrance -->" and went to the other entrance. Where she pushed on a door that was clearly marked, "PULL" for another 10 seconds or so. And I thought, you know, if she struggles so much with doors, I hope she's there for BC (it wasn't Friday, so not an abortion) because damn...she's gonna really have a hard time with a baby.

Old 05-18-2018, 03:07 PM

42,885 posts, read 26,477,876 times
Quote:
Killing is wrong.
But according to you, it's not murder if it involves a 13 year old girl or a rape victim. How do you reconcile that?

Old 05-18-2018, 03:53 PM

23,655 posts, read 17,564,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kajo13 View Post
Are you challenged in some fashion? Apologies, I wasn't aware. I'll simplify for you.

This is you...

You actually wrote above. Do you recall? Awesome.

You should now know that those programs are threatened across the board if not all together disappearing. Would you like to address that fact?

Or do you want to keep playing games?
So if more women have babies more programs will be installed for them. Right now our country is having less births than deaths, we are dying out. We are turning into an old people country, not good for the future even for those who abort.

Old 05-18-2018, 03:55 PM

23,655 posts, read 17,564,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Simple fact women have the right to privacy. What we do with our own reproductive organs is our business alone. We will not go back to coat hanger days. Call us murderers immoral or whatever you like women live their life according to their own values not yours
Coat hanger days was a lie perpetrated by those who wanted abortion to pass.

Old 05-18-2018, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Coat hanger days was a lie perpetrated by those who wanted abortion to pass.
Not only were coat hanger abortions a fact so was back alley abortions as well as self inflicted harm to end a pregnancy. Women did die it happened in my own family

Old 05-18-2018, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
So if more women have babies more programs will be installed for them. Right now our country is having less births than deaths, we are dying out. We are turning into an old people country, not good for the future even for those who abort.
We’ve never taken care of our at risk moms and children. Having more unwanted children as a way to increase social programs is idiotic at best. No the world is not under populated
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies