Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2018, 10:35 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Bernie Sanders and his supporters liked to call themselves the revolutionary party but when he was cheated out of the nomination Bernie jumped on board with the very people who cheated him and many of his supporters followed. That's not a revolutionary party, that's a controlled wing of the party. They don't like Trump because he is standing up for his beliefs and the media or the old guard can't control him, hence... the hate trump wing
Yeah I felt kind of bad for Bernie voters .
Bernie voters hated Clinton with a passion . I remember some even referring to her on FB as the C word..

But like you said he didn’t have backbone at the end of the day .
His ideas were nuts . $15 federal minimum wage . And promising everything “free”

At least he seems like a decent guy personally . Unlike Clinton .

He’s actually agreed on things with Trump too once in a while .

. He’s spoken out against identity politics after the election . Of course nobody on the left listening to him .
Why Clinton has just ramped up the identity politics stuff .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2018, 10:40 AM

9,519 posts, read 14,748,538 times
Good. Saves me the trouble of turning down the volume.

Old 05-07-2018, 10:46 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Interesting point. I look at it this way:

During the entire 8 years of the Bush Presidency the media crucified Bush nearly every day. Bush chose to NEVER respond to it, That pleased the hateful media, since they would not be challenged, Then the 8 years of the Obummer admin and the media was like an obediant lapdog, covering for their MESSiah.

But now, they are getting snippy that someone is challenging their outright lies and omissions. All the while trying to claim that Trump is trying to supress the media...ridiculous
A far more sinister dictatorship is a media dictatorship. Doesn’t the media usually manipulate people's minds, their likes and dislikes? Isn’t it the media that sets cultural, social, artistic and political norms whether you like them or not? And now they're trying to dictate hatred for Trump who has an opposing view from the left and Republicans who don't give a damn about the people. Forget that the people voted him into office, forget that we wanted change, we don't matter.

Old 05-07-2018, 10:50 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,563,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
A far more sinister dictatorship is a media dictatorship.
There could have never been such a thing before regulations were eroded so that ownership of the mass media could become consolidated enough to form any sort of dictatorship.

Old 05-07-2018, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
There could have never been such a thing before regulations were eroded so that ownership of the mass media could become consolidated enough to form any sort of dictatorship.
What regulations were eroded that gave mass media dictator power?

Old 05-07-2018, 10:55 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Yeah I felt kind of bad for Bernie voters .
Bernie voters hated Clinton with a passion . I remember some even referring to her on FB as the C word..

But like you said he didn’t have backbone at the end of the day .
His ideas were nuts . $15 federal minimum wage . And promising everything “free”

At least he seems like a decent guy personally . Unlike Clinton .

He’s actually agreed on things with Trump too once in a while .

. He’s spoken out against identity politics after the election . Of course nobody on the left listening to him .
Why Clinton has just ramped up the identity politics stuff .
I know some Bernie voters and they didn't hate Clinton, they liked Bernie -- and yeah boy did they hate Trump.

But yeah some Bernie voters didn't like Clinton and some didn't like Trump.

And both parties are guilty of identity politics. I know that historically the Dems started it and it worked for them (however wrong it was), so the Republicans jumped on the train and happily share the tactic with the Dems now.

It's ridiculous to keep blaming just the Dems of it.

Old 05-07-2018, 10:55 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Reminds me of an Obama Rally...

I,I,I,I, Me, Me,Me,Me wonderful, killed Bin Laden, you can keep your doctor.

Old 05-07-2018, 10:58 AM

6,229 posts, read 3,411,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
So watch it on FOX.

Why should every TV channel broadcast something people are tired of seeing?

You mean like the liberal cable channels do with the Russian conclusion story 24/7? I can't remember liberals getting tired of Obama eight years of campaign speeches.

Quote:
No Hitler would have whined unless ALL channels broadcasted it. You know, like you are doing now....
Why is it liberals throw around the 'Hitler' reference all the time....you know how stupid that makes liberal sound?

Old 05-07-2018, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I know some Bernie voters and they didn't hate Clinton, they liked Bernie -- and yeah boy did they hate Trump.

But yeah some Bernie voters didn't like Clinton and some didn't like Trump.

And both parties are guilty of identity politics. I know that historically the Dems started it and it worked for them (however wrong it was), so the Republicans jumped on the train and happily share the tactic with the Dems now.

It's ridiculous to keep blaming just the Dems of it.
What identity politics did the Republicans play.

Old 05-07-2018, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
[/b]You mean like the liberal cable channels do with the Russian conclusion story 24/7? I can't remember liberals getting tired of Obama eight years of campaign speeches.

Why is it liberals throw around the 'Hitler' reference all the time....you know how stupid that makes liberal sound?
A friend of mine lives in Germany. While liberals were playing the race card in the U.S., liberals in Germany were playing the Nazi card. If you dare to speak out against the massive influx of immigrants from Syria into Germany, German liberals would accuse you of being a Nazi. Obviously the race card has lost it's effectiveness so they had to move on to the Hitler card. It's simply a way to make people think twice before talking about an apposing view.

Now who has the biggest bullhorn to play this card? The media does yet they blame everyone else for division (or is that for disagreeing with them?).

Last edited by petch751; 05-07-2018 at 11:17 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies