Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2018, 04:56 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,754,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
For who?
For everyone, but most relevantly women, since they control relationships. Sixty years ago women were looking to choose one man and settle down in their early 20s. Now it's 30s or later, if ever.

Old 06-02-2018, 05:16 PM

20,707 posts, read 19,351,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
2 d's in username? Is that for a double dose of pimp loving?

the double DD in your case is "don't do" geography.

Old 06-02-2018, 05:53 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,278,566 times
We have a lot of very primitive genetic drives in us, many of which are violent. Incels have been around as long as our species has existed, they just never had a name before. Like it or not, we are a violent species and killing of one another for one reason or another has been a routine part of our evolutionary history. We are animals, after all.

https://psmag.com/environment/17-to-...uctive-success

For a while there it was really bad for males. You can see going back 50,000 years that it was normal that only 25% of the male population ever passed on their genetic material.. even during the best of times it was maybe 33%. We were mostly a tribe based species where the alpha got to breed with multiple women and the other males were subservient or slaves, kind of like some cults are today. It's only in the past 2000 years since the advent of religion that any concept of one man, one woman monogamy became normal.

The biggest advancement towards "freedom" for our species is the advent of written communication and thus knowledge. Knowledge is power. Control the information and you control the people.

Last edited by sholomar; 06-02-2018 at 06:11 PM..

Old 06-02-2018, 06:21 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,583,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
Liberalism is the root cause of this because welfare has replaced the husband/father. If no welfare or food stamps existed for single moms every young man would easily be able to find a mate.
No. There are lots of young men (and this attitude is not limited to the young, BTW) who could easily find a mate, if they would be more realistic. The men I have seen complaining about not getting a mate have been, almost without exception, men who expect the near-worshipful attention of women who could pass for super-models, and are harshly critical of anyone who does not meet that standard of beauty. They don't just want a woman, they want a beautiful, financially successful woman, regardless of whether or not they are, themselves, attractive or successful. The very last thing they want is an unemployed woman with children. They would just accuse her of using them for their undoubtedly vast fortunes.

Old 06-02-2018, 06:27 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,583,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterWright View Post
Isn’t that basicslly how things work in real life anyway?

IMO legalizing prostitution would do a lot to solve this issue. Give these incels a way to relieve their sexual desires so they don’t nut up and go crazy. Sex for a man is a necesity just like food and sleep. Go without food long enough and it will consume the mind. How about the EPIDEMIC of male suicide? How many lived could be saved. How many productive minds are wasted. Ridiculing these men is the WORST thing we can do to address this issue.
I don't necessarily have issues with legalizing prostitution, but I do object to the idea that sex is more necessary for a man than for a woman.

I would tell you what I do when I want the big O and have no available partner, but it's probably a violation of the TOS.

Old 06-02-2018, 06:56 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,373,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
No. There are lots of young men (and this attitude is not limited to the young, BTW) who could easily find a mate, if they would be more realistic. The men I have seen complaining about not getting a mate have been, almost without exception, men who expect the near-worshipful attention of women who could pass for super-models, and are harshly critical of anyone who does not meet that standard of beauty. They don't just want a woman, they want a beautiful, financially successful woman, regardless of whether or not they are, themselves, attractive or successful. The very last thing they want is an unemployed woman with children. They would just accuse her of using them for their undoubtedly vast fortunes.
This is all true. They want beautiful, young, and successful women. They often expect women under the age of 25 to already be successful in their careers, as well as being thin and beautiful. Many of these men are narcissists and that is the real issue. Incels would never consider an ordinary looking woman. But they claim to be rejected by all women, everywhere. They only "see" the beautiful ones, though.

There is no reason to pity men who are members of the Incel movement.

What reveals their big lie is the fact that many unattractive and/or unsuccessful males manage to date and marry women. They just find women who are attainable, women in the same league they're in.

Men in the Incel groups refer to these desirable women as "Stacys" and the men who date them are "Chads". Incel men want Stacy women. They can't have them so they are angry.

Do women have the same problems? Sure, but they don't form internet groups and talk about how to commit rape or crimes against the men who reject them. I know a lot of single women who don't date and they join book clubs and do volunteer work. I'm sure they have sexual desires like anyone else but it doesn't translate into violent anger when they're not getting it.

Old 06-02-2018, 07:17 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,754,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
All of those traits are far more typical of women. You're just projecting typical female attitudes onto men.

Old 06-02-2018, 07:31 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,373,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
All of those traits are far more typical of women. You're just projecting typical female attitudes onto men.
These attitudes become more firmly entrenched in narcissists.

Please show me internet boards where women congregate to discuss committing violence and rape against men due to frustration over not getting sex.

Old 06-02-2018, 08:12 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,890,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
How can you fix date chances of a 5'1 man with average abilities or one with deformed face who is not a millionaire? Of-course we cannot force women to be in relationship with men that they are not interested in, but I can feel the pain of some men.
I live in the Heart of the Bluegrass, thoroughbred horse country.

Racetrack jockeys do just fine with the ladies, believe me. No elevator shoes required.

If someone has truly significant facial differences, corrective plastic surgery is covered by almost all insurance companies.

Look, guys - it's not about appearance, beyond basic cleanliness and good grooming, even fair grooming.

It's about respect for others, a genuine interest in others, being considerate, listening to others instead of using them as captive audiences for whatever your latest oddball interest is, being self-supporting and not whining about how your difficulties are everyone else's fault.

Old 06-02-2018, 09:20 PM

1,300 posts, read 1,042,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
The "shallow" but attractive woman is the only woman that the Incel man can see, apparently.
Uhhh NO. That's just apart of being a STRAIGHT, NORMAL MALE. Namely most every straight male wants and desires attractive women and this isn't exclsuively an Incel thing. This is no different that women who look for men that are attractive, famous, have power and money.

Quote:
Then feels sorry for himself when he inevitably cannot have her. These men need to learn to stop trying to get women that are out of their league.
Most men want a woman out of their league, nothing out of the ordinary there just like most women want a man that's out of their league. The thing is why don't we call women 'losers' for chasing someone who's out of their league?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I think you're right. They talk about the 'fat ' woman being able to find a man if she wants but the incels seem to only show interest in those that they cannot have.
The thing is what's the point in settling for someone that you're not fully into? How are you going to feel happy long term knowing that you're with someone that you're not mentally/physically into? How is your partner going to feel if they found out that they were your 2nd, 3rd or 4th choice and that you 'settled' for them because that's as good as you felt you could get? Yeah I'm sure they would be thrilled to hear that.

The fact is is that its already hard enough to find and stay with someone for many years if not decades, why would you make it even more difficult by choosing to be with someone you're not all that into?

Quote:
The reality is - most of us will partner, marry someone in our general social class and likely pretty equal in the looks department.

Usually, maturity will start to turn us in the direction of someone appropriate for us; in something that will last.
Just because you're probably going to marry someone similar to you in social class doesn't mean that you can't find someone with whom you're attracted to. They don't have to look like a supermodel or something, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't seek out someone with whom you have a physical connection with. To ask men or women for that matter to do otherwise is unrealistic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.