Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 10:29 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times

Advertisements

The Trump administration Orwellian lies about child separation debunked

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...nl_most&wpmm=1

Old 06-19-2018, 10:37 AM

856 posts, read 705,009 times
Default Cruz bill would end family seperation

https://www.texastribune.org/2018/06...-border-texas/

I am pleased to see courageous Republicans of differing ideologies speak out against this policy. Senators Ted Cruz, Ben Sasse, John McCain, Jeff Flake, Lisa Murkowski, and Susan Collins are amongst those who oppose Trump's policy. They represent different wings of the GOP and are from very different places. I am proud of them and wish more would speak out. I also applaud Senator Cruz for his efforts to correct the failing policy.

I am a Republican who did not vote for Trump for a variety of reasons, primarily because I don't believe he is a conservative, he has shown poor judgement, and he lacks the integrity I like to see in our leaders. I am also not a fan of illegal immigration and oppose taxpayer-funded benefits for those here illegally. That said, separating minors from their parents is cruel, inhumane, immoral, and just plain wrong regardless of legal status. We should work to stop illegal immigration, but we should not lose sight of who we are or what this great country stands for.

Donald Trump pretended to be a proponent of family values as a candidate for President in 2016. It turns out he's really just another typical politician who will say or do anything to win an election. The images of children in fear because they are separated from their parents not only shock those of us who care about people, but they are an embarrassment on the world stage. I hope Congress passes Senator Cruz's bill.

Old 06-19-2018, 10:41 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,167,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qartaxin View Post
Where are these leaps in logic coming from that Trump is slowly converting these detention centers into concentration camps? These centers have been here for years and have been the same under both Bush and Obama.

No. That is not true. The centers were different under Bush and Obama.

The forced child separation policy is brand new, under Trump and Trump is fully defending the policy.

Old 06-19-2018, 10:41 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,383,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njforlife92 View Post
https://www.texastribune.org/2018/06...-border-texas/

I am pleased to see courageous Republicans of differing ideologies speak out against this policy. Senators Ted Cruz, Ben Sasse, John McCain, Jeff Flake, Lisa Murkowski, and Susan Collins are amongst those who oppose Trump's policy. They represent different wings of the GOP and are from very different places. I am proud of them and wish more would speak out. I also applaud Senator Cruz for his efforts to correct the failing policy.

I am a Republican who did not vote for Trump for a variety of reasons, primarily because I don't believe he is a conservative, he has shown poor judgement, and he lacks the integrity I like to see in our leaders. I am also not a fan of illegal immigration and oppose taxpayer-funded benefits for those here illegally. That said, separating minors from their parents is cruel, inhumane, immoral, and just plain wrong regardless of legal status. We should work to stop illegal immigration, but we should not lose sight of who we are or what this great country stands for.

Donald Trump pretended to be a proponent of family values as a candidate for President in 2016. It turns out he's really just another typical politician who will say or do anything to win an election. The images of children in fear because they are separated from their parents not only shock those of us who care about people, but they are an embarrassment on the world stage. I hope Congress passes Senator Cruz's bill.
Thank goodness, finally! I was getting worries people would see what was really happening. Thankfully now, these people will be admitted and then more people from these countries will have another pull factor to bring even more in. They will see that no, they are not responsible for their actions and they can come in and will be housed, clothed and be given things.

I, as a business owner who relies on cheap labor and thankful!

Old 06-19-2018, 10:43 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,223,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Answers View Post
I'm a little out of the loop what happened. What did they actually DO with the children they separated?

From the way the liberals howl, you would think they roast them alive over an open fire and then feed them to wild coyotes.

Old 06-19-2018, 10:44 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,087,126 times
This is my favorite post I've seen on City-Data since joining 6 months ago. Bravo!

I'm in the same boat. Life-long moderate conservative. I am a reasonable, educated, rational person, the opposite of most Trump voters.

Trump cares nothing for family values, cheating on every wife he's ever had proves that. Trump cares nothing about the word of god, his own statements and policies about gays, Muslims, blacks, and Hispanics show that.

Old 06-19-2018, 10:45 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,383,094 times
Quote:
Where are these leaps in logic coming from that Trump is slowly converting these detention centers into concentration camps? These centers have been here for years and have been the same under both Bush and Obama. And I don't recall the Jews being forewarned their families will be separated nor do I recall concentration camps having air conditioning. Also why are obvious Atheists cherry picking the bible and acting as if every Conservative agrees with Sessions drivel on how this is some religious crusade? There's some people who just want to uphold the law, keep in mind this wouldn't be happening had they crossed the border legally. What I'm seeing here is just a bunch of blind emotional idealism lacking in consistency this has been happening for years. I think it's sick Democrats are hiding behind children clearly just so they can win the midterms. This is clearly a issue they've known about for years and they've decided to take advantage of their more ill informed current supporters creating a mob.

While I do intend on voting Democrat I'm going to have ignore the fact they are using base and disgusting tactics but considering the things Trump has done I guess they've decided to go all out...Anyone who has done basic research will realize the conditions of these "concentration camps" vary and many of them have always looked this bad. I don't see stupidity here I just see a bunch of people who are just now realizing we have a immigration problem, and it took their hatred of a man in order for them to figure out.
Are you denying facts? I saw Gayle King on CBS say they are like concentration camps. I also saw Don Lemon say it and Anderson Cooper, and all of them. You don't think they lie do you?

Old 06-19-2018, 10:45 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,167,683 times
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1009047403813593088

It's official: Trump's policy of child separation is deemed to be a form of CHILD ABUSE.

Old 06-19-2018, 10:46 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Where are these leaps in logic coming from that Trump is slowly converting these detention centers into concentration camps? These centers have been here for years and have been the same under both Bush and Obama. And I don't recall the Jews being forewarned their families will be separated nor do I recall concentration camps having air conditioning. Also why are obvious Atheists cherry picking the bible and acting as if every Conservative agrees with Sessions drivel on how this is some religious crusade? There's some people who just want to uphold the law, keep in mind this wouldn't be happening had they crossed the border legally. What I'm seeing here is just a bunch of blind emotional idealism lacking in consistency this has been happening for years. I think it's sick Democrats are hiding behind children clearly just so they can win the midterms. This is clearly a issue they've known about for years and they've decided to take advantage of their more ill informed current supporters creating a mob.

While I do intend on voting Democrat I'm going to have ignore the fact they are using base and disgusting tactics but considering the things Trump has done I guess they've decided to go all out...Anyone who has done basic research will realize the conditions of these "concentration camps" vary and many of them have always looked this bad. I don't see stupidity here I just see a bunch of people who are just now realizing we have a immigration problem, and it took their hatred of a man in order for them to figure out.
Yes, Jews were told in advance they would be sent to camps. They were told when to be ready for transport to the camps and what they could bring with them. I'm not saying that child detention centers are the equivalent of concentration camps, but you are mistaken about that.

What some people fail to understand, or simply refuse to acknowledge is that the parent child relationship is sacred in all societies, children can be damaged for life by being separated from their parents, no other country in the world does this. This is not a good moment for the US, history will not look kindly on us for doing this.

Old 06-19-2018, 10:46 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,753,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
This is my favorite post I've seen on City-Data since joining 6 months ago. Bravo!

I'm in the same boat. Life-long moderate conservative. I am a reasonable, educated, rational person, the opposite of most Trump voters.

Trump cares nothing for family values, cheating on every wife he's ever had proves that. Trump cares nothing about the word of god, his own statements and policies about gays, Muslims, blacks, and Hispanics show that.

You run a shtick intended to create a false impression.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies