Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2018, 09:50 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
If it is Sessions who ordered the uptick in family separations I don't see how Trump can retain him as AG. Trump allowed it but has consistently distanced himself from the policy publicly. But the reality is while some family separations occurred under Clinton and Obama it was not previously used for asylum seekers to scare off more people from seeking asylum at border in the future.
What you miss is that it's not used for seekers at the border, it's used for those who cross illegally into the U.S.. Separation doesn't happen if you go to the Port of Entry aka LEGALLY request entry...

Old 06-21-2018, 09:56 AM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
no, I'm sorry, that doesn't cut it, and I did read the article...something is very wrong there...the mother didn't even react? Something wasn't right....common sense tells you, if there is love there, that mother and father and the kid would have embraced tightly, something was very wrong there....the parents didn't even act normal...so...

if you didn't see your kid for 8 months, you'd be hugging and kissing that kid like there was no tomorrow....something was very wrong....
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
customs or not, a picture tells a thousand words, no mother would act like that...no matter what nationality....after 8 months she would have been holding him so tight, it's like, she doesn't even care.

Sorry, something is very wrong here.....
Amazing the lengths some are going to make excuses for this boy and his parents' behavior.

I'm with you. If I hadn't seen my child in 8 months, you better believe I would be holding on tight to her.

The look on the boy's face and his body language are very concerning. It's like he is wishing he could stay with his foster family.

Yet, those who make excuses keep blaming Trump. No, it's not Trump's fault. It's the fault of the parents for putting their kids through all this.

Old 06-21-2018, 09:58 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,845,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
New Time Magazine cover

Clearly a photoshop of liberal media bias. So what?

Here is one of Obama stomping Constitution. Maybe some dear poster here can upload it. I seem to be having trouble doing so.

Controversial Artist Depicts Obama Trampling The Constitution « CBS Las Vegas

Old 06-21-2018, 10:00 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
If it is Sessions who ordered the uptick in family separations I don't see how Trump can retain him as AG. Trump allowed it but has consistently distanced himself from the policy publicly. But the reality is while some family separations occurred under Clinton and Obama it was not previously used for asylum seekers to scare off more people from seeking asylum at border in the future.
There is and was a law on the books for family separation...it's been there, way before Trump

If your an Asylum Seeker, you don't sneak in the country with kids....you go to the proper entry point....

Old 06-21-2018, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post

Clearly a photoshop of liberal media bias. So what?

Here is one of Obama stomping Constitution. Maybe some dear poster here can upload it. I seem to be having trouble doing so.

Controversial Artist Depicts Obama Trampling The Constitution « CBS Las Vegas
no, I guess you didn't watch the video, I watched a longer version of the video this morning on the news.

Old 06-21-2018, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Just when I think a post can't be any more vile, you prove me wrong.

Thanks.

Where was your outrage when your fellow libs were invoking Godwin's Law?

With this post, you are saying it's okay when libs are making nazi analogies but when others make them you're suddenly outraged.

What disgusting double standards you have.

Old 06-21-2018, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Those 50 posters are not Christians, they are CINOs. They are completely unfamiliar with this Christ dude you keep talking about. They're like, Christ? Who's that?

Apparently, you aren't familiar with him either.

Jesus told his followers to obey the laws and to render unto Caesar that which is his. Illegal aliens do none of those things.

In a previous post, you said you wished that the poll had usernames attached to it. Why did you wish for that? Are you planning on doing a witch hunt?

Old 06-21-2018, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

Apparently, you aren't familiar with him either.

Jesus told his followers to obey the laws and to render unto Caesar that which is his. Illegal aliens do none of those things.

In a previous post, you said you wished that the poll had usernames attached to it. Why did you wish for that? Are you planning on doing a witch hunt?
Jesus also said, and it's in the Bible, "To Pay Your TAXES"

Just sayin....

Old 06-21-2018, 10:10 AM

I challenge anyone here....

Put a big sign on your door.....

FREE ROOM AND BOARD TO ANYONE WHO WANTS TO COME LIVE HERE...

1. See what kind of people come live with you

2. See how long the money lasts....after you feed, clothes and give them free medical care.

Old 06-21-2018, 10:12 AM

1,675 posts, read 577,149 times
Beside fear tactic holding children is a corrupt money-making business, just like the prison system.

The government already expects to spend $943 million in 2018 in grants to detain and care for the children, according to ACF data
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-for-nonprofit

And we're supposed to believe it's "non-profit".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies