Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 07:41 PM

754 posts, read 486,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
This is a Trump administration policy, not a law. It's not Congress's job to rein in Trump's temper tantrums.

But having said that, oddly enough, the article didn't even bother to mention that there is already a bill that has every single Democratic senator as a co-sponsor, and yet not a single Republican senator has bothered to join them.

So even if you want to blame Democrats, Trump and the GOP are every bit as much to blame
OK so the same democrats who scream constantly about the GOP being a party of cowards for abetting the Trump administration letting them get away with murder and so encouraging people to vote democrat in the fall to put a check on Trump.

When they do try to rein in the Trump, their opponents turn around its not congress job to rein in Trumps temper tantrums? Its all politics from people on here.

Old 06-19-2018, 07:43 PM

1,874 posts, read 819,156 times
lol you people. you call trump a dictator then rip him when he doesnt act like one. wow

Old 06-19-2018, 07:44 PM

1,702 posts, read 1,920,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I don't agree trump should 'fix this'. trump is enforcing the law as written and confirmed by the ninth circuit court.

I'm hoping McConnell brings the republican bill to the floor and the democrats can join republicans and vote to end this 'crisis' they claim to care about or be shown on CNN using the filibuster to preclude the reasonable Cruz bill from passing. let the democrats be put in the position of turning down an opportunity to keep the illegal alien families together in living color on the nightly news.
This is Trumps problem. He is trying to put the screws to anyone not in favor of his stupid wall and is willing to do it on the backs of innocent children. You know it, I know it and the world knows it.

Old 06-19-2018, 07:48 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,776,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Do you think they believe most everyone is like them, that the outrage is just for show?
Echo chambers tend to do that.

Old 06-19-2018, 07:48 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Yes. The feigned compassion for the children is hypocrisy is being displayed at the time to distract Americans from the IG report.
Distract from the IG Report?

There was nothing in the IG Report that amounted anything. Republicans are now trying their Benghazi routine with it. Who knows if that will amount to anything?

But everyone else has moved on.

Old 06-19-2018, 07:50 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,531,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post
Children are taken away from their parents all the time when they commit a crime or can't provide for them.
We don't take kids away from parents charged with trespassing though. That's the analogy I can think of.

Old 06-19-2018, 07:50 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,847,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
I don’t know. Separating families and caging children doesn’t seem like a winning issue.

The children aren't being caged. President Trump has spoken out against the separation of the children from their parents. The Democrats won't cooperate with him because of politics as well as the Rhinos.

Old 06-19-2018, 07:51 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,385,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
A journalist at the WH today reported that the folks in the WH are feeding on the outrage, that they want what is happening, this is what they were aiming at.

Can anyone explain why?
Maybe to have a reason to fire Sessions?

Old 06-19-2018, 07:52 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,542,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrow1 View Post
This is Trumps problem. He is trying to put the screws to anyone not in favor of his stupid wall and is willing to do it on the backs of innocent children. You know it, I know it and the world knows it.

Old 06-19-2018, 07:53 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,284,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
This is my favorite post I've seen on City-Data since joining 6 months ago. Bravo!

I'm in the same boat. Life-long moderate conservative. I am a reasonable, educated, rational person, the opposite of most Trump voters.

Trump cares nothing for family values, cheating on every wife he's ever had proves that. Trump cares nothing about the word of god, his own statements and policies about gays, Muslims, blacks, and Hispanics show that.
Good thing you told us you are the "NeutralParty." We would have never known.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies