Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 08:06 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,496,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
According to Jonathan Blitzer, reporter for the New Yorker, there is currently no process in place to reunite the children with their parents.

Various advocacy groups are working on one case at a time, but it's hit or miss.
wonder if blitzer will admit the truth... most are not even with their parents, but with the human traffickers

wonder if blister will admit THE FACT that they are ILLEGALY here

Old 06-19-2018, 08:06 PM

46,968 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Alyssa likely has the financial stability/independence to be able to pick and choose jobs based on any criteria she wishes.

Many ICE employees, especially those supporting families, likely do not. And the ones with such obligations, they're expected to quit because how something they couldn't plan for plays out on the ground?.....Please .
Befehl ist Befehl.

Old 06-19-2018, 08:07 PM

15,640 posts, read 10,398,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrow1 View Post
This is Trumps problem. He is trying to put the screws to anyone not in favor of his stupid wall and is willing to do it on the backs of innocent children. You know it, I know it and the world knows it.
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3...-border-crisis

Schumer refused to answer if Democrats would work with Republicans on a legislative fix for the issue, saying, "Let's hope we never get to that. Let's hope the president does the right thing and solves the problem, which he can do."

Is solving this crisis about the 'innocent children' or trump? schumer is already rejecting real compromise in congress which makes dems appear cynical and partisan. McConnell needs to bring the republican bill to the floor. congress can do its job or punt.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 06-19-2018 at 08:27 PM..

Old 06-19-2018, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
Completely false! A chain-link enclosed area is definitely a cage! Also, President Chump couldn’t care less about these families who are most likely trying to escape a dangerous environment and have a better life.
really , now liberfools think a fenced area is a cage...… do the liberfools living in their gated communities view them as cages too

liberhadists are a disgrace

Old 06-19-2018, 08:08 PM

46,968 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
1. nobody is being caged...
Oh yes, those are merely rooms with chain-link walls, right? Stop watching Fox News, it makes you say foolish things.

Old 06-19-2018, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
They shouldn’t be separated at all from their parents and put in cages! This is inhumane!
you lie

1. they are illegals

2. no cages

3. 90% are not even with their parents.. they are with the human traffickers who brought them illegally across the border...

why do liberals support human trafficking???????????

Old 06-19-2018, 08:10 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Befehl ist Befehl.
Order is order.

Good Lord.

Old 06-19-2018, 08:11 PM

1,834 posts, read 2,696,968 times
In every community in the USA the policy is in the event of an arrest when minors are present child service is called and the adult is taken to jail and the minor is taken to child services. This is policy for citizens and all others. The question is should we treat these border jumpers different than USA citizens? Should we change the policy for everyone? Are adults guilty of child abuse when they involve their children in such activity?

Old 06-19-2018, 08:11 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,589,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Distract from the IG Report?

There was nothing in the IG Report that amounted anything. Republicans are now trying their Benghazi routine with it. Who knows if that will amount to anything?

But everyone else has moved on.
BINGO! Especially that story of 300 journalists taking bribes and colluding with the FBI. That would be EMBARRASSING if people actually were focused on it instead of the children at the border.

Old 06-19-2018, 08:13 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,126,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
That's becuase the Republican bills actually address the problem, allow the govt to keep families in detention, and expedite resolution of cases. The Dems don't actually want the problem to go away. They want it to get worse so they have a campaign issue.
Spin it however you want but this is very bad optics for the party in power.... separating the families means the judges have to deal with TWO cases instead of one - for the parents and the children separately. That's not expediting anything, that's stupidity!

A 4th shelter is being used to house 'tender age' kids (aka, BABIES and TODDLERS) separated from their parents.

This is horrific and it will only get worse as immigrants keep coming and there's no strategy for returning the kids back to their parents.

YOUR tax dollars be being used to feed and shelter these kids. I hope those who are making excuses to justify this practice can sleep at night.

Trump and his minions are the ones in power and have all the power to stop this horrific crime against humanity but refused for political games.

This is going to backfire on them majorly in the midterms. Mark my word.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies