Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 06:23 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times

Advertisements

House Democrats unveiled a bill yesterday to keep immigrant families together.

Every single Democrat signed on. Not a single Republican did.

House Democrats Bill Would Keep Immigrant Families Together | Time

This is why Trump needs to take the initiative. Congress can't agree on anything. He can fix this with a stroke of his pen. If he doesn't, this is all on him.

Old 06-19-2018, 06:30 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,546,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
HHS will, in time, figure out which shelters they are in. As is typical with gov't union employees, they often have situations where the left hand is unaware what the right is doing, but in due time, they will locate the kids, and it will take months, at minimum, for their criminal parents cases to be adjudicated.

Old 06-19-2018, 06:44 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,288,005 times
Why hasn't a cool SF judge put a stop to do this? Or is this a distraction from something else going on right now?

Old 06-19-2018, 06:52 PM

24,005 posts, read 15,096,054 times
The Texas delegation never wanted a wall until Trump got his base all worked up. Same thing, bet they wouldn't want to have vote on wall funding. Their money guys do not want a wall.

Old 06-19-2018, 06:58 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,369,310 times
https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...ly-separation/

Quote:
Cruz’s bill enjoys the considerable virtue of focus. By banning family separation, it deals with the immediate crisis. By increasing the number of judges, authorizing new shelters, and providing for expedited processing, it can increase comfort for families, reduce the length of their detention, and ease the backlog. There’s a modest fiscal cost, of course, but it’s a price worth paying to end a broken policy.

Old 06-19-2018, 06:59 PM

22,475 posts, read 12,014,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Seems my GOP neighbors are not like the ones on this board. They have a heart, and can't understand how the people they voted for can possibly be this cruel, this heartless, this ignorant of human rights. Seriously, they can't, and I live in a pretty red area.

Which is exactly what I would expect for anyone who believes in human dignity and values to be like, no matter what their political views otherwise are.

Most Americans are good people. But the latest polls indicate up to 28% are not. That is scary and sad.
Then why do you winter here? You obviously don't think much of the US given your constant bashing of it.

People who understand why these kids are being separated are, indeed, good people. They know that the reason for the separation is that the adults sneaked across the border instead of showing up at a BP checkpoint.

They also understand that those who sneaked in with kids may well not be the parents of said kids. No decent person wants to release any of these kids to traffickers. I, for one, appreciate that these checks are happening. As a parent, if that happened to my child, I would be so grateful to those who caught the trafficker. It amazes me that so many here in this thread are crying over this separation and demanding that these kids be returned immediately to the adults who brought them here. Never mind that the adult may well not be their parent. I value "human dignity". That's why I'm glad that these adults and kids are being vetted. How can anyone who claims to be a "good person" object?

They also don't hold double standards. Everyday Americans commit crimes and go to jail. They are separated from their families. Illegal aliens are held to those same standards.

Old 06-19-2018, 07:00 PM

312 posts, read 268,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post

This is why Trump needs to take the initiative. Congress can't agree on anything. He can fix this with a stroke of his pen. If he doesn't, this is all on him.
The Democrat's bill prohibits any illegal immigrant from being arrested within 100 miles of the border.

Who comes up with this s@#!?? Seriously?

It scares me that every Democrat signed on.

Old 06-19-2018, 07:01 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,089,994 times
My god. This is the president.

https://twitter.com/tbweig/status/1009227229438541830

Old 06-19-2018, 07:04 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,369,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post

Your post shows what this is all about for Democrats. It's about finger-pointing in the run-up to November. It always comes back around to that.

Old 06-19-2018, 07:04 PM

15,640 posts, read 10,400,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
I really dislike Ted Cruz, but I applaud him for this initiative. I hope that Democrats will join with Republicans in this bid to thwart the administration's cruel policy.
schumer doesn't care about these 'poor kids' or he would have done something about it years ago. the democrats will just relish the frenzy directed at trump and the media will continue to whip up the hysteria about the 'cages' which is not new.

the democrats will never agree to any legislation short of the continuation of catch and release which trump will never agree to do. there will be no legislation passed in congress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies