Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 08:39 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,496,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
If you support this, you are not Christian. Jesus Christ would not approve. Period. Case closed. End of discussion.
who cares about some religion....

fact is they are ILLEGALY....

and most are NOT here with their parents

why would you support human trafficking??? Jesus certainly would NOT

Old 06-19-2018, 08:39 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,123,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Actually I just heard on the news that they have THREE separate facilities for infants and toddlers with NO plan for reunifying them with their parents. This will not help Republicans, and they know it more and more of them are coming out against this.

Republican Gov. Larry Hogan of Maryland and Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker, also a Republican along with several democratic Governors are withdrawing their National Guard troops from the border in protest. Four first ladies including Melania Trump have come out against it along with a growing number of Republican legislators.
Your disdain for America is noted. How about telling us what your solution is to these illegal immigrants crashing our border.
How do we prevent these people from getting in?
I'll wait for your response.

Old 06-19-2018, 08:40 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Yes, but Senate minority leader Chuck Schumer could block it with a filibuster. And it appears that he would do so, based on his statements:
https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...ly-separation/

If it could solve the problem, how does that NOT make sense? I think Schumer just wants this as an issue in the run-up to the mid term elections.
of course.

""There are so many obstacles to legislation and when the president can do it with his own pen, it makes no sense," Schumer told reporters. "Legislation is not the way to go here when it's so easy for the president to sign it."

Asked if that meant Democrats would not support a bill backed by Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) to keep immigrant families together while seeking asylum on the U.S. border, Schumer said they want to keep the focus on Trump."

Old 06-19-2018, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
What a ridiculous conclusion.

I get it now why we have an administration that can tell three or four different stories about what they are doing, completely lie, make up stuff, have a President who doesn't understand the difference between duties and tariffs.

By properly vetting those asking for asylum and refugee status -- they can better hunt down human traffickers.

Your way -- y send those scum underground and we can never find them.

(I'm learning the fine art of irrational thought process )

the best answer is send them all packing

why do liberals constantly coddle illegal criminals and not support actual citizens

Old 06-19-2018, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
of course.

""There are so many obstacles to legislation and when the president can do it with his own pen, it makes no sense," Schumer told reporters. "Legislation is not the way to go here when it's so easy for the president to sign it."

Asked if that meant Democrats would not support a bill backed by Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) to keep immigrant families together while seeking asylum on the U.S. border, Schumer said they want to keep the focus on Trump."
and there you have it...

the whole stinking spin is about bash trump... its not even about the kids

Schumer has just proved how despicable liberals are

Old 06-19-2018, 08:43 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,847,983 times
Not mine, but so true.

Quote:
IF YOU CROSS THE NORTH KOREAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET 12 YEARS HARD LABOR.
• - IF YOU CROSS THE IRANIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU ARE DETAINED INDEFINITELY.
• - IF YOU CROSS THE AFGHAN BORDER ILLEGALLY, YOU GET SHOT.
• - IF YOU CROSS THE SAUDI ARABIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE JAILED.
• - IF YOU CROSS THE CHINESE BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU MAY NEVER BE HEARD FROM AGAIN.
• - IF YOU CROSS THE VENEZUELAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE BRANDED A SPY AND YOUR FATE WILL BE SEALED.
• - IF YOU CROSS THE CUBAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE THROWN INTO POLITICAL PRISON TO ROT.
• - IF YOU CROSS THE U.S. BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET.............................

1 - A JOB,
2 - A DRIVERS LICENSE,
3 - SOCIAL SECURITY CARD,
4 - WELFARE,
5 - FOOD STAMPS,
6 - CREDIT CARDS,
7 - SUBSIDIZED RENT OR A LOAN TO BUY A HOUSE,
8 - FREE EDUCATION,
9 - FREE HEALTH CARE,
10 - A LOBBYIST IN WASHINGTON,
11 - BILLIONS OF DOLLARS WORTH OF PUBLIC DOCUMENTS PRINTED IN YOUR LANGUAGE,
12 - AND THE RIGHT TO CARRY YOUR COUNTRY'S FLAG WHILE YOU PROTEST THAT YOU DON'T GET ENOUGH RESPECT.

Old 06-19-2018, 08:45 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,759,611 times
So when do the trains arrive?

Old 06-19-2018, 08:45 PM
mlb

4,971 posts, read 4,453,874 times
These children will haunt your dreams. You've separated them from their mothers -- some they will never see again.

The parents could have been put through the asylum process WITH their children. Trump stopped that.

He wants this chaos.

He will get what he deserves.

Old 06-19-2018, 08:46 PM

Here is a link to pictures during Obama's term showing how he housed the children. They were "caged" in chain link fences and even had to sleep on the floor in a bathroom.

Bet you liberals won't look.

Lots of evidence of Obama's way of handling the illegals.

Here Are Horrifying Photos Of Obama

Old 06-19-2018, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb View Post

The parents could have been put through the asylum process WITH their children. Trump stopped that.
No he didn't. All the lies don't make it so. It is not so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies