Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2018, 01:13 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I don't think you get it. I'm against illegal immigration. I'm all for doing things about it.

But im even more against traumatizing children for their parents actions when there is no reasonable justification. And punishing parents by punishing children does not seem reasonable to me.
It's the parents that are actually punishing the kids by smuggling them over the border illegally.

Old 05-08-2018, 01:15 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,932,122 times
If they don't like it, they're free to stay away.

Old 05-08-2018, 01:16 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,397,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
Did anyone ever expect the US government to emulate the Nazis while some Americans cheer them on?
To the Left, borders and procedure for illegal immigrants is Nazism.

Which means that the term has lost all meaning.

Old 05-08-2018, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Stealing children. Brilliant.
Coming here en masse in an attempt to circumvent the immigration system via claiming asylum has its rewards.

Old 05-08-2018, 01:18 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Ahhh ignorance. Let me help you. You are correct they don't have 50,000 a month. They have MORE. in 2015 for example the EU faced TWICE that on average. And FAR more of them were entire families. 1.2 million people applied for asylum in the EU in 2016.

Do you folks even try and comprehend the issue before making such claims?

And we CAN do things. We can hire more judges, we can put folks in family detention centers just as we have done in the past, and we can make illegal immigration harder by enforcing mandatory e-verify, and passing laws about renting to illegals. Those are effective things.

But what we should not do is separate families. It costs more, and it punishes children and traumatizes them. These are the actions of a country that doesn't represent American values. Its immoral and will cost us more money. People should be ashamed of their desire to traumatize children.

And look at is happening in EU.
Asylum seekers are also required to be processed in the FIRST COUNTRY THEY COME TO.
Asylum is defined as seeking protection from a well-founded fear of persecution due to race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group or political opinion.

We are one country, not many.
Mexico is the first country these asylum seekers come to.
They aren't seeking asylum, they are just wanting to gain entry to the US.
Crime and corruption or a better life does not fit the bill for asylum.

This move is to prosecute all that try to enter the country illegally. Therefore they will be detained in jail. Previously those caught with children have been released to await civil deportation hearings and guess what, they don't show up but disappear into the shadows. Five, ten years later when they are caught and had a couple more kids they cry how they are just hard working families trying to make a living and are demand amnesty.

Its estimated that after using this policy of separating children from detained illegal crossers the number of those attempting to enter illegally dropped by 64%.

The adults/parents of these kids should be ashamed using their children to gain entry into the US knowing full well what might happen immediately or a few years down the road. They are playing us plain and simple.

Old 05-08-2018, 01:24 PM

Quote:
This is effectively being done to punish people without the rule of law. IE pre-emptively.
Abusing the asylum system isn't exactly legal, given the existence of lies within that abuse. US law enforcement has never taken kindly to those who take them as morons.

Quote:
We have people who have had their children taken from them while they are seeking asylum who WILL end up being US citizens....
We'll see.

Quote:
We have throughout decades said that family unity was important.
When open borders communists try to appeal to conservative values to exploit the better nature of their opponents to get their political way, this nation reaches its most putrid stink level.

Quote:
To toss it away is a decision based on hatred and fear, not logic.
"Give us what we want to better enable our political aims and reinforce our numbers, or you are hateful and afraid".

There's more of that psychopath level emotional manipulation again.

Quote:
Deport those we need to deport, but separating families is cruel and stupid.
Arriving here in a caravan to apply for asylum was the pinnacle of stupidity in this situation. Everything else is a just reaction in order to protect the sanctity of this nation's immigration system from abusers and to deter further abuse; if only through application of regular procedure that the Left would like to see disregarded.

Old 05-08-2018, 01:28 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
I don't think you get it. I'm against illegal immigration. I'm all for doing things about it.

But im even more against traumatizing children for their parents actions when there is no reasonable justification. And punishing parents by punishing children does not seem reasonable to me.

Until our government begins cracking down and imprisoning corporate honchos for hiring illegals, this problem of ours isn't going away, so I think they're hoping this will help.

We can't keep doing nothing. Perhaps enforcing this will stop the flow. And while I also feel sorry for the kids, I blame their parents for the situation.

Old 05-08-2018, 01:31 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,904,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Until our government begins cracking down and imprisoning corporate honchos for hiring illegals, this problem of ours isn't going away, so I think they're hoping this will help.
Why doesn't Sessions/trump go lock up a few corporate honchos and separate THEM from their children??

Old 05-08-2018, 01:34 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,898,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
"If you don't like that, then don't smuggle children over our border," the attorney general said Monday at a law enforcement conference.

cue the shrieks of outrage.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/jus...arated-n872081

This will make the red neck bigoted faction of Trump supporters really happy. The sick puppies they are.

Old 05-08-2018, 01:36 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
It's the parents that are actually punishing the kids by smuggling them over the border illegally.
Ahhh the old blame someone else for your actions argument.

We will spend money doing this. Seriously we will go from the parent supervising these kids in a family detention unit, to us having too. Its going to be expensive.

WE are choosing to do this to punish people who are not convicted of any crime yet. You can't get around this by blaming the parents.

We have a TON of other things we could do. This is immoral. Im ashamed that other Americans think this is how our country should behave. Punishing kids for their parents actions in order to punish the parents. Thats what we are doing. And its wrong. Its deeply wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies