Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2018, 02:42 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,955,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
I think you may be on to something there. But, for now, we have this right in front of us. These children for example can be trained in the industries - like house keeping, gardening and construction and then they can go through some sort of a training program, like an internship, so we won't have to pay but 2 or 3 dollars an hour for say, 5 years.
Why not educate new immigrants to become doctors, lawyers, or future presidents just like immigrant Trump

Old 06-17-2018, 02:44 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,948,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Why not educate new immigrants to become doctors, lawyers, or future presidents just like immigrant Trump

Come LEGALLY and I'm all for it. Showing up uninvited and demanding to be let in ain't gonna work.

Old 06-17-2018, 02:47 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,955,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Come LEGALLY and I'm all for it. Showing up uninvited and demanding to be let in ain't gonna work.
It's a bit confusing when I read that people who may well be legitimate refugees should be allowed to work in low level trades, but not allowed to obtain an education that may well be transferred back to their country of origin.

Old 06-17-2018, 02:50 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,948,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
It's a bit confusing when I read that people who may well be legitimate refugees should be allowed to work in low level trades, but not allowed to obtain an education that may well be transferred back to their country of origin.
It's a bit confusing why people think the rest of America should be footing the bill for these people to come here FOR ANY REASON.

CHOO CHOO!!! ALL ABOARD THE GRAVY TRAIN!

Old 06-17-2018, 02:52 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,908,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
From the article:

Guess what Skippy. To the best of my knowledge, criminals are always separated from their children when they are incarcerated. Do you know of ANY US prisons or jails that lock up children with their parents?

I have to wonder just why the left worries so much more about foreign criminals than about American citizens.

I'll let you in on a not so well kept secret... A lot of lefties care more about foreigners than their own countrymen and women. Some hate America, and express this hate by burning the American flag. And they call us the traitors? Bizzaroworld I tell ya!

But things are changing, thankfully. Getting better every day actually. The COL is still too high in many parts of the USA, but those big Trump raises coming down the pike should ease the burden for hard working Americans and their families.

America 1st is not just a slogan. It's a winning strategy to MAGA.

Old 06-17-2018, 02:54 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
It's a bit confusing why people think the rest of America should be footing the bill for these people to come here FOR ANY REASON.

CHOO CHOO!!! ALL ABOARD THE GRAVY TRAIN!
I don’t care who they are or where they come from. I just want my continued access to cheap, unskilled labor that I can control easily. I am concerned that if Trump succeeds, I will have to start paying my workers more and contribute to systems like Social Security and unemployment insurance. I may even have to start giving lunch breaks and folllwing safety regulations.

Old 06-17-2018, 02:55 PM

23,589 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
What do I propose? That the asylum seekers be treated like they are in the rest of the world and kept together as a family unit until they are processed, not treated as as criminals.

If the reason for detaining the parents is that they don't think they will appear in court then detain the children in the same facility as their parents - or release them with electronic monitoring devices. We release pre trial criminal detainees with ankle bracelets, why not asylum seekers?
That is not a solution. It could also lead to other problems, such as putting the kids in the same facilities that may house possible rapists, murderers, etc. Why would anyone want to willingly place a child in that kind of danger?

An asylum seeker does not have to stay in this country while the paperwork for asylum is being processed. Yes, they do run the risk of losing their spot in line if they do not stay. But, if they file for, and receive, Advance Parole then they would not lose their place in line. Perhaps a better solution would be to fast track Advance Parole paperwork. Then let the asylum seekers stay in Mexico while their asylum request is being processed, and not ding them in any way for not being in this country while the asylum request is being processed.

None of this deals with what to do with the kids of those who were caught sneaking into this country illegally. Many of those kids are probably here because of that very reason. What do we do with those kids? Send them to a childrens center in Mexico while their parents are being dealt with here, since you did not seem to like my suggestion of sending them all back as a family?

Old 06-17-2018, 02:57 PM

2,768 posts, read 1,583,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post
There are humane ways to solve issues.
Let's hear one.

Old 06-17-2018, 03:05 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
I think you may be on to something there. But, for now, we have this right in front of us. These children for example can be trained in the industries - like house keeping, gardening and construction and then they can go through some sort of a training program, like an internship, so we won't have to pay but 2 or 3 dollars an hour for say, 5 years.

We have enough people to do all the jobs we can generate.

We don't need any more.

And we especially don't need a new slave class in the name of humanitarianism. ....or Democrat votes.

Old 06-17-2018, 03:06 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
We have enough people to do all the jobs we can generate.

We don't need any more.

And we especially don't need a new slave class in the name of humanitarianism. ....or Democrat votes.
Well, who will work the fields? And, who will work as servants and in low-skilled jobs? We can't use blacks anymore and whites won't do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies