Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2018, 01:28 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,866,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
I will ask the question again. If this policy is so great why want the president own it.
It isn't Trump's policy. I'm not sure what you think happens to kids when their parents are arrested for violating the law, but they go to CPS (Child Protective Services, etc.).

What Happens To Kids When Their Parents Get Arrested

Old 06-17-2018, 01:31 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,385,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It isn't Trump's policy. I'm not sure what you think happens to kids when their parents are arrested for violating the law, but they go to CPS (Child Protective Services, etc.).

What Happens To Kids When Their Parents Get Arrested
Why arrest them though? We need more cheap labor to keep wages low, so businesses like mine can prosper. I run a medium sized cleaning service and if I had to pay my employees more than $6 an hour or if I had to pay things like Social Security or Medicare taxes or follow safety regulations, I would have a harder time balancing my private life or sending my kids to Europe every summer.

Just let them come in and they will work. I don't care if they live 20 to a house, that's their business.

Old 06-17-2018, 01:32 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,037,008 times
NOT a fan of separation of families, but to all those wailing & gnashing teeth over this- are you THIS worked up over the struggles of actual citizens and veterans, or are they not as important?

Old 06-17-2018, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
I hear you there! Idk if this is REALLY the case, But It appears that the left and SJW care MORE about refugees and illegals than they do legal immigrants and actual American citizens.
Exactly. Remember that when you vote in November.

Old 06-17-2018, 01:35 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,145,575 times
Should this surprise us?

Remember, he wanted more torture.

Old 06-17-2018, 01:36 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,154,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
I don't like that the US gets stuck footing the bill for every migrant that thinks they should be allowed in ths country. If they come from a violent squalid country, that's too bad, but it's not enough to grant asylum to every person south of the border.

Most of these migrants have no skills and speak no English. California can only use so many fruit pickers and the majority of them will just become a burden on society.

Many of the migrant workers are being replaced by robotics. But part of the Democratic core are teachers. The more immigrants we dump in our public schools; the more teachers we have to hire. In some cases; the more guards we have to hire in the state and Federal prison system. It's one vicious cycle!

Old 06-17-2018, 01:37 PM

6,421 posts, read 7,672,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Seems trump is blaming Democrats for the family separations,last i saw Repubs had majority in house/senate/supreme court and trump is in the White House, instead of the usual blame game fix the problem.
We finally have leadership on the White House but it will take years to undo the oblama legacy. That jerk really left this country in a big mess while also living off the taxpayers all his life.

Old 06-17-2018, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
I am opposed to all immigration controls, but I don't go out and show it - I have too many business interests from all sides. Instead, I just quietly sit back and watch both sides hash it out, but I know it will never change and I thank Pelosi and the rest for keeping my cheap supply of labor coming and will therefore continue to vote Democrat year in and year out.

If I had to pay my employees a so called living wage or pay American workers, I'd quickly have to cut my own personal spending and cut back on my houses, vacations, etc. I also have the extra, added benefit of not having to participate in unemployment and workers' compensation schemes as well as providing other benefits like insurance or 401k. You would not believe how much money I save by hiring undocumented workers and they are great workers, never complaining and not even requiring breaks, since they aren't on the books, OSHA has no idea what's going on.
And I'll bet they know better than to complain about any of that because then they'll be reported to ICE and deported, and another from the constant influx will quickly replace them.

Old 06-17-2018, 01:43 PM

29,835 posts, read 24,922,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Should this surprise us?

Remember, he wanted more torture.

Torture? Like the torture that regularly goes on in places like Mexico? And there are Americans among us who wish to leave the door wide open for torturers, MS-13, etc? It's not America's fault that places like Mexico are so screwed up. Why aren't people in those countries doing anything to make their country great again?

Running away from your problems is not an acceptable solution. These people need to stand up for themselves and take back their country from the drug lords, corrupt politicians, police who work with druglords, etc. Tough as it may be, it is the only way to solve the problem. Personally, I would like to see the USA help in this effort, with military assistance. But that would require outreach from the Mexican government, and they don't see eye to eye with this administration. They prefer another limp wristed Obama who will stand by as parasites overrun the host and drag this country down.

Last edited by andywire; 06-17-2018 at 02:49 PM..

Old 06-17-2018, 01:45 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,955,586 times
Why don't we start 5 more threads on this same topic?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies