Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2018, 01:46 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,385,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
And I'll bet they know better than to complain about any of that because then they'll be reported to ICE and deported, and another from the constant influx will quickly replace them.
That's exactly right! We are often very busy so they don't get to take a lunch break, but none of them complains because they know they can be deported in a second. They are really hard workers though, often working 12-14 hours a day.

Old 06-17-2018, 01:47 PM

I for one, as a business owner, am thankful for undocumented immigrants. If it wasn't for them and the state of California helping me, I would have to pay Americans better wages, contribute to silly things like 401k, unemployment and workers' compensation funds, follow safety rules and be subjected to lawsuits the same as employers in other industries. Thank God the Democrats keep the steady flow of cheap labor coming in.

Old 06-17-2018, 01:54 PM

6,421 posts, read 7,672,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
That's exactly right! We are often very busy so they don't get to take a lunch break, but none of them complains because they know they can be deported in a second. They are really hard workers though, often working 12-14 hours a day.
WOW, what will happen when they report those hours and lack of meal time to the Dept. of Labor...but that is a different thread.

Old 06-17-2018, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
WOW, what will happen when they report those hours and lack of meal time to the Dept. of Labor...but that is a different thread.
They will never. I've been using undocumented labor for 15 years and not once have I had an issue. Do you think they would risk being deported? Wow!

Old 06-17-2018, 02:02 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,629,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
How many would vote to put Sessions over the border?
I bet if they did put Sessions over the border as you say he would proclaim :

It was a biblical prophecy ! It was meant to be !

Old 06-17-2018, 02:08 PM

18,462 posts, read 7,096,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Why arrest them though? We need more cheap labor to keep wages low, so businesses like mine can prosper. I run a medium sized cleaning service and if I had to pay my employees more than $6 an hour or if I had to pay things like Social Security or Medicare taxes or follow safety regulations, I would have a harder time balancing my private life or sending my kids to Europe every summer.

Just let them come in and they will work. I don't care if they live 20 to a house, that's their business.

Brilliant!!

Think of the money we could save!!

Hey, why don't we just stop arresting/prosecuting people for crimes they commit across the board?

No laws, no courts, no judges.....

We'll save a fortune!!

Old 06-17-2018, 02:08 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
It has never been illegal for people to seek asylum here.
Entering the US illegally IS a violation of the law. You realize you're talking about people who HAVEN'T been granted asylum or even have legal permission to be in the US, at all.

Quote:
As I said in another thread, these people did not sneak across the border. They came seeking asylum.
Actually, quite a few DID sneak across the border. They did not enter the US via a Port of Entry, as required. That's illegal. They get arrested. The kids go to CPS (Child Protective Services), etc.

Old 06-17-2018, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Brilliant!!

Think of the money we could save!!

Hey, why don't we just stop arresting/prosecuting people for crimes they commit across the board?

No laws, no courts, no judges.....

We'll save a fortune!!
I think you may be on to something there. But, for now, we have this right in front of us. These children for example can be trained in the industries - like house keeping, gardening and construction and then they can go through some sort of a training program, like an internship, so we won't have to pay but 2 or 3 dollars an hour for say, 5 years.

Old 06-17-2018, 02:40 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the tiger View Post
From the article:

Quote:
WASHINGTON — Almost immediately after President Donald Trump took office, his administration began weighing what for years had been regarded as the nuclear option in the effort to discourage immigrants from unlawfully entering the United States.

Children would be separated from their parents if the families had been apprehended entering the country illegally, John F. Kelly, then the homeland security secretary, said in March 2017, “in order to deter more movement along this terribly dangerous network.”
Guess what Skippy. To the best of my knowledge, criminals are always separated from their children when they are incarcerated. Do you know of ANY US prisons or jails that lock up children with their parents?

I have to wonder just why the left worries so much more about foreign criminals than about American citizens.

Old 06-17-2018, 02:41 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Why don't we start 5 more threads on this same topic?
Oh, the anti-Trump nutjobs are just looking to make noise to distract from the IGs report. Let them have their little temper tantrum. They will get tired of holding their breath and stamping their little feet soon enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies