Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2018, 05:07 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,866,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelogo View Post
No matter how many times you repeat the same thing, it doesn't make it true.
Actually, it IS true. What do you think happens to US citizen law violators' children when parents are arrested?

Violate the law and get arrested? Your kids go to CPS (Child Protective Services, etc.). How do people NOT know that?

Old 06-17-2018, 05:12 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,531,203 times
I think when one group of people (right wingers in this case) try to understand what another group -- "lefties" -- believe, they fail miserably at it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
I'll let you in on a not so well kept secret... A lot of lefties care more about foreigners than their own countrymen and women. Some hate America, and express this hate by burning the American flag. And they call us the traitors? Bizzaroworld I tell ya!
I like how this guy thinks he knows something no one else knows. Like he's the smartest guy at the table. I think it says more about him that he thinks a whole group of people hate America simply because they have a different opinion from him. It's pretty disturbing actually. It's not unusual for folks to think that way.

Now this guy and I probably don't agree on much, but it would be pretty uncalled for if ZI suddenly claimed he hates America just because of those disagreements. I don't care what olitics folks follow, just don't resort to elementary tactics of claiming the other side hates America.

Old 06-17-2018, 05:15 PM

24,005 posts, read 15,096,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
And I'll bet they know better than to complain about any of that because then they'll be reported to ICE and deported, and another from the constant influx will quickly replace them.
A large regional donut shop warehouse employed a lot of illegals. They lived in houses on the property. The illegals were treated so badly by their boss, they filed a complaint with the EEOC and won. Shipley's fine included forfeiting the over million dollars with of houses. Of course the owners claimed that had no idea their hand picked long time warehouse manager was assaulting employees.

Old 06-17-2018, 05:20 PM

1,675 posts, read 577,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Actually, it IS true. What do you think happens to US citizen law violators' children when parents are arrested?

Violate the law and get arrested? Your kids go to CPS (Child Protective Services, etc.). How do people NOT know that?

You are completely missing the point. Your argument is as irrelevant as saying that since the government sold billions of dollars of weapons to saudi arabia ALL UNDER THE LAW, then they have no responsibility that the saudis give the weapons to terrorists including alqaeda and isis to brutally murder and starve people.
It's the law so it must be right? There are plenty laws that work against the people. Keep up the double standard, when the guns turn your way nobody is going to speak up.

Old 06-17-2018, 05:20 PM

25,584 posts, read 17,304,861 times
Quote:
Thousands nationwide protest family separations at U.S.-Mexico border
And while thousands protest, millions wait their turn to vote in favor of the separation policy.

Old 06-17-2018, 05:21 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,398,193 times
trump didnt adopt it, it was obama policy already in place

Old 06-17-2018, 05:21 PM

27,581 posts, read 28,687,607 times
Default Why should anybody care if foreign nationals trying to illegally enter the U.S. are separated from their families?

I don’t understand why this is a controversial policy. People who are breaking our laws should be punished for doing so. If that means being separated from their families, then so be it?

I am not feeling the empathy here, folks. I believe in enforcing law and order. What am I missing?

Old 06-17-2018, 05:22 PM

25,584 posts, read 17,304,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Is any legislation being put forward to remedy the situation?
There can be no legislative fix. That why Democrats have chosen "family separation" is a point of manufactured outrage.

Old 06-17-2018, 05:27 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelogo View Post
You are completely missing the point.
No, I am not. If one violates the law and gets arrested, one's kids go to CPS. Doesn't matter whether you're a US citizen or an illegal alien.

Who DOESN'T know that arrest and having one's kids taken away, even if only temporarily, is a consequence of violating the law?

Old 06-17-2018, 05:27 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,776,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I don’t understand why this is a controversial policy. People who are breaking our laws should be punished for doing so. If that means being separated from their families, then so be it?

I am not feeling the empathy here, folks. I believe in enforcing law and order. What am I missing?
What are you missing?

Everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies