Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2018, 06:32 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,288,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Absolutely wrong and the law regarding that has been posted here more than once, you continuing to claim otherwise does not change the fact that seeking asylum once you enter the US is allowed both by US Law and by all treaties signed by the US.
You're still choosing to spin the BS. They specifically said when you enter illegaly, not through a border crossing. It's very specific, enter illegaly, not through a border crossing and you're breaking the law and getting arrested.

Old 06-17-2018, 06:36 PM

52,291 posts, read 52,723,379 times
I don't get all of the hub bub. You commit any crime and you get separated from your family, wtf is the difference here??? The pearl clutching and moral outrage is sickening.

Old 06-17-2018, 06:38 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,652,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
What a shock... When people get caught violating the law and get arrested, their kids go to CPS (Child Protective Services, etc.). Doesn't matter if it's illegal aliens or US citizens. They both get treated the exact same way: when you're arrested, your kids go into CPS custody.

Is there seriously anyone who is somehow unaware of that fact?
Since when do asylum seekers get arrested?

Since the heartless cheeto decided to use children as pawns? Yes.

I wish his grandfather had been denied entry into this country.

A snippet of his grandfather's letter begging to stay in Bavaria:

Why should we be deported? This is very, very hard for a family.

Oh, the irony!

I wouldn't be surprised if the cheeto feels this is his payback for his family not being able to stay in Bavaria.

Too bad children have to suffer for his ego.

And his mantra about the horrors of 'chain migration':

“Donald Trump is a product of ‘chain migration.’”

The 16-year-old Friedrich Trump, who spoke little English, would not have hopped on a ship and came to America without a family member already in place to help him. In 1885, when Friedrich immigrated, he joined his sister Katherine, who “had immigrated to New York a year earlier,” according to Gwenda Blair

Old 06-17-2018, 06:39 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,851,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Asylum seekers from Central America would seek asylum in Mexico. Is Mexico not policing their southern border? Something is wrong here.

Would you seek asylum in Mexico, a place no safer than Central America? GET REAL!

Old 06-17-2018, 06:40 PM

18,462 posts, read 7,096,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
You're free to have any opinion you want on the matter as we all are. I doubt you want serious discourse from people you disagree with. But FWIW, I believe it's fundamentally wrong what is happening at the borders. We're separating kids from their families and shipping them off to a disused Walmart somewhere in Texas. It's inhumane and certainly not Christian-like.

via Imgflip Meme Generator

I'm confused.

Does the Left want Christan morals setting government policy now?

Or do you just want to pick and choose which parts of the Church you want separated from the State as it suits your agenda?

Old 06-17-2018, 06:42 PM

18,741 posts, read 7,620,616 times
Quote:
What a shock... When people get caught violating the law and get arrested, their kids go to CPS (Child Protective Services, etc.). Doesn't matter if it's illegal aliens or US citizens. They both get treated the exact same way: when you're arrested, your kids go into CPS custody.

Is there seriously anyone who is somehow unaware of that fact?
The Trump-haters are aware of it. But they hope there are some people who aren't.

That way they can try to fool them into believing Trump has done something horrible when he hasn't.

The truth doesn't help the Trump-haters, facts are not on their side. So they must make up lies like this about him, to try to make him look bad.

SSDD.

Old 06-17-2018, 06:43 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
Because it is unnecessary and cruel.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

8,665 posts, read 5,851,378 times
Quote:
Actually, unless they cross the border at a port of entry, yes, they ARE entering the US illegally.

How about when it's PROVEN that they are being PREVENTED from crossing at the port of entry?

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
You're still choosing to spin the BS. They specifically said when you enter illegaly, not through a border crossing. It's very specific, enter illegaly, not through a border crossing and you're breaking the law and getting arrested.
CBP is physically blocking them from entering via a port of entry forcing them to enter the US elsewhere. I will tell you right now, this is not going to turn out well for Trump and the people in his administration who are forcing this to happen.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...asylum-illegal

Old 06-17-2018, 06:47 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,599,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I don’t understand why this is a controversial policy. People who are breaking our laws should be punished for doing so. If that means being separated from their families, then so be it?

I am not feeling the empathy here, folks. I believe in enforcing law and order. What am I missing?

you arent missing anything liberals are supporting breaking the law...no surprise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies