Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2018, 03:08 PM

2,768 posts, read 1,584,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Perhaps, but then why doesn't he/she use the sarcasm icon in their posts?
Because the sarcasm is obvious.

Old 06-17-2018, 03:19 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,154,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
We have enough people to do all the jobs we can generate.

We don't need any more.

And we especially don't need a new slave class in the name of humanitarianism. ....or Democrat votes.

This is the same group that wants a higher minimum wage - for who?

Old 06-17-2018, 03:20 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,800,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGal View Post
The people down in Central America are listening to the activists - many who are from USA. They pass out all this propaganda stuff.

Parents send their OWN Children by trains - cars to American border by themselves. What kind of parent does this? America has always had borders and I am sorry I do not want total globalization like the elite want. Mexico is keeping their culture and I do not blame them. I was born and raised in the USA as were my parents and their parents. All US Citizens - deceased now but all born in the USA. I am tired of these politicians and I hope people rise up and say NO.

I just read an article about Californians will be fined in 2020 for using too much water so what sense does it make to keep bringing in all these people?
This is also what I have been reading. Many of the kids that are here are here by themselves. No parent or guardian crossed the border with them.

Gah! I hear you on the water crap. Because of lawsuits the city we live in had with one person, our base rates for water/sewer and all that is 108/month. This does not include the price of the actual water itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Here's a first hand account by a Doctor about these trump Child Detention camps. And not just any Doctor....the head of the American Society of Pediatrics.

Can you imagine a 2 year old crying for her parents and her "caregivers" cannot touch her, hug her....this is NOT America.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.eb4f04e3ceb4
Serious question. In our public schools, school personnel are not suppose to touch or hug kids either. Would you rather a worker in one of those centers get a lawsuit put against them because they didn't hug or touch the kid right? Think about this here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
A lot of them are running from violence you can't imagine. I watched one girl talk about how guys from a drug cartel removed her father's head right in front of her. If you would have that girl, and many others in the same situation sent back; you would be sending them to their deaths. It's obvious you don't care, uphold the law at all costs, I just thought I'd let you know.
Ok. lol! This is not the case for all of them. Mexico has always been savage. I care, but I respect the law. There is a big difference. If it is THAT bad for them, there are proper channels they can go through. Crossing illegally is not one of them.
Once again, what about the homeless kids here in the states? Where is their free healthcare, free food, and free roof over their heads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
I hear you there! Idk if this is REALLY the case, But It appears that the left and SJW care MORE about refugees and illegals than they do legal immigrants and actual American citizens.
That's how it seems to me also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
NOT a fan of separation of families, but to all those wailing & gnashing teeth over this- are you THIS worked up over the struggles of actual citizens and veterans, or are they not as important?
I've been asking this and no one can even answer it or they refuse to.

Old 06-17-2018, 03:23 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,154,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Well, who will work the fields? And, who will work as servants and in low-skilled jobs? We can't use blacks anymore and whites won't do it.

AI is taking the jobs in the fields and many menial low paying jobs. The only jobs the new illegal immigrants are creating are the teaching, social work and prison guards. They are creating jobs that do not produce a product and raise the cost of living - more government jobs.

Old 06-17-2018, 03:23 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,307,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
That is not a solution. It could also lead to other problems, such as putting the kids in the same facilities that may house possible rapists, murderers, etc. Why would anyone want to willingly place a child in that kind of danger?

An asylum seeker does not have to stay in this country while the paperwork for asylum is being processed. Yes, they do run the risk of losing their spot in line if they do not stay. But, if they file for, and receive, Advance Parole then they would not lose their place in line. Perhaps a better solution would be to fast track Advance Parole paperwork. Then let the asylum seekers stay in Mexico while their asylum request is being processed, and not ding them in any way for not being in this country while the asylum request is being processed.

None of this deals with what to do with the kids of those who were caught sneaking into this country illegally. Many of those kids are probably here because of that very reason. What do we do with those kids? Send them to a childrens center in Mexico while their parents are being dealt with here, since you did not seem to like my suggestion of sending them all back as a family?
I have no idea what you are talking about. Regarding your last sentence - I already said keep the families intact and if they are denied asylum deport the entire family so why are you claiming that I said otherwise?
And I am not talking about unaccompanied minors, if you want to talk about that then please start a new thread.

Old 06-17-2018, 03:25 PM

2,768 posts, read 1,584,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenSJC View Post
https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/im...ursday-n883171

Excellent!

Good on these protestors for using their First Amendment rights to stand up to this un-American government tyranny. This is the real spirit of America.
Why didn't they stand up to this un-American government tyranny when 0bama did it?

Mexican kids held for months during 0bama presidency as punishment for border-crossing

Old 06-17-2018, 03:25 PM

18,462 posts, read 7,096,830 times
Quote:
Well, who will work the fields? And, who will work as servants and in low-skilled jobs? We can't use blacks anymore and whites won't do it.
In a true free market economy, any necessary job will pay sufficiently.

Otherwise, it won't be done.

Get rid of the welfare state and watch how quickly Americans sign up for those jobs.

Old 06-17-2018, 03:38 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,533,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Why don't we start 5 more threads on this same topic?
Yes. So this guy below can copy and paste the same exact response a few more times that didn't make much sense the first time he posted it since no one is forcing him to hire illegals.
Quote:
I for one, as a business owner, am thankful for undocumented immigrants. If it wasn't for them and the state of California helping me, I would have to pay Americans better wages, contribute to silly things like 401k, unemployment and workers' compensation funds, follow safety rules and be subjected to lawsuits the same as employers in other industries. Thank God the Democrats keep the steady flow of cheap labor coming in.

Old 06-17-2018, 03:39 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,533,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
It's a winning strategy to MAGA.
Morons Are Governing America!

Old 06-17-2018, 03:48 PM

29,835 posts, read 24,927,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Morons Are Governing America!

Yes, I quiver every time I hear Nancy Pelosi and Mad Maxine speak, but this is the cost of democracy. We encourage our citizens to speak their minds, share their beliefs and vote for candidates that best represent their values, beliefs, interests, etc. I still think this system is far better than present day alternatives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies