Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2018, 08:45 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,385,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Again, if you are being sarcastic then please use this icon..... No such thing as an undocumented they are illegal aliens. No, they don't keep our food prices lower the growers that use them do not pass any savings on to the consumer they merely pocket the profits from paying them less while they pass their enormous social costs on us. Only 2% of illegals are picking crops anyway.
White people will not work the fields and we cannot use the blacks. We need a different race to do that work, so it is up to the Hispanics. We also need them as our servants. Can you imagine how much more I would have to pay my servants if I had to hire whites or blacks?! Please!

Old 06-17-2018, 08:47 AM

89,061 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I certainly hope you are being sarcastic.
I took it as sarcasm. And it's quite effective at making the point. If forces the "pro-illegal aliens" crowd to face their utter hypocrisy by showing them they support exactly the opposite of the "values" they claim to represent.

Old 06-17-2018, 08:52 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,546,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
How is the USA turning into Mexico? What are the stats that prove your juvenile theory? -And btw...this nation was not discovered and inhabited by white folks throughout its history.
This nation wasn't discovered at all, it was established.

It was not established (at least, IMO, in inherent spirit) for white people, but it was established, largely, by white people.

Old 06-17-2018, 08:59 AM

6,421 posts, read 7,672,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
I think we should let them all in, which will guarantee a steady supply of cheap labor for business owners like me and put more money in my pocket, guaranteeing more cars, bigger houses and longer vacations for me and my family. If I had to pay American wages, contribute to workers' 401k or pay into state unemployment and disability funds, follow safety regulations, etc, I would be in bad shape. Thank God we have the Democrats on our side.
What will happen when AI takes over their jobs? You, and all Americans, will have higher taxes to support them as well as a lower quality of life. We need to think long term about the effect of allowing anyone into the United States unless you like living in a third world country.
America was not established to be the world's ATM for anyone with the ability to reproduce.

Government handout programs have been around for years and produced little so what will adding to the already 40 million in poverty do for us? There are no benefits, only problems and crime.

Last edited by Heidi60; 06-17-2018 at 09:08 AM..

Old 06-17-2018, 09:06 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times
Quote:
Oh, I agree. And, on a plus, the more we allow in, the more that will come, so we will continue to be guaranteed a steady supply of cheap labor.
Let's face it, poultry and meat processors will never allow Trump or any other President to end illegal immigration, it's far too lucrative. And I have no problem with deporting people, but allow them to stay together as a family and deport them as a family, that's what every other country in the world does.

Old 06-17-2018, 09:12 AM

19,786 posts, read 22,688,984 times
Quote:
So, you think we allow kids to go to jails with their parents?
OP said any felony or misdemeanor, which is bullsnot. Total bullsnot.

Old 06-17-2018, 09:16 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
how come none of this came up when obama was in office, its his policy
It was NOT his policy.

"In fact, there is no law that requires families to be separated at the border. There is a law against “improper entry” at the border, as well as a consent decree known as the Flores settlement that limits to 20 days the amount of time that migrant children may be held in immigration detention, which a federal judge ruled in 2016 also applies to families. A 2008 anti-trafficking statute — signed into law by a Republican president, George W. Bush — also requires that certain unaccompanied alien minors be transferred out of immigration detention in 72 hours. None of those laws or precedents mean that children must be taken away from their parents." https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/16/u...on-policy.html

"...For George W. Bush and Barack Obama, the idea of crying children torn from their parents’ arms was simply too inhumane — and too politically perilous — to embrace as policy, and Mr. Trump, though he had made an immigration crackdown one of the central issues of his campaign, succumbed to the same reality, publicly dropping the idea after Mr. Kelly’s comments touched off a swift backlash.

But advocates inside the administration, most prominently Stephen Miller, Mr. Trump’s senior policy adviser, never gave up on the idea. Last month, facing a sharp uptick in illegal border crossings, Mr. Trump ordered a new effort to criminally prosecute anyone who crossed the border unlawfully — with few exceptions for parents traveling with their minor children."
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/16/u...ion-trump.html

Old 06-17-2018, 09:16 AM

19,786 posts, read 22,688,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
This is not the truth.
Piles of BS and lying in this thread...

Old 06-17-2018, 09:23 AM

62,976 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
White people will not work the fields and we cannot use the blacks. We need a different race to do that work, so it is up to the Hispanics. We also need them as our servants. Can you imagine how much more I would have to pay my servants if I had to hire whites or blacks?! Please!

I'll ask again. Please use the sarcasm icon after your posts if you are being sarcastic. You are being confusing by not doing so.

Old 06-17-2018, 09:24 AM

62,976 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I took it as sarcasm. And it's quite effective at making the point. If forces the "pro-illegal aliens" crowd to face their utter hypocrisy by showing them they support exactly the opposite of the "values" they claim to represent.

Perhaps, but then why doesn't he/she use the sarcasm icon in their posts? I have asked them several times to do so. Many posters are taking him/her seriously. If they continue to not use the sarcasm icon they will be put on my ignore list.

Last edited by Oldglory; 06-17-2018 at 09:34 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies