Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2018, 08:23 AM

11,579 posts, read 13,971,735 times

Advertisements

I've seemed to have misplaced my tiny violin.

7,827 posts, read 3,394,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Enforcing current laws is now flaunting.....

How stupid is that?
I'm opposed to enforcing laws like that, as it would hurt wealthy people like me. My lavish lifestyle depends on ignoring those laws and allowing me to employ undocumented immigrants, so I don't have to spend money foolishly on wages, unemployment funds, etc.

34,941 posts, read 36,328,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Now they complain about it? George Soros paid to have kids brought here, many by complete strangers to they could be handed over to human traffickers. People like Hillary and Obama supported that. Now they blame Trump for it. Classic liberal modus operandi, blame your enemy for what you are guilty of doing. Just like the sex crimes, just like Russian collusion.
This is not the truth.

Old 06-17-2018, 08:24 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,843,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
This is the first time in awhile a never Trumper actually was correct on their facts. You should get a cup cake or something.

I think the the hypocrisy about Mexico is irritating,but people really do need to realize that their birth rates was not what it was in the 60s. All of Latin America is coming close to stabilizing.

Talk about gullible.

Asian and Multiracial Americans Are The Fastest-Growing Groups in U.S. | Fortune

"In fact, the most diverse generation is the nation’s youngest. Census figures show that of those born since 2000, nearly half—or 49%—belong to a race or ethnic group other than non-Hispanic white. "

Old 06-17-2018, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
Talk about gullible.

Asian and Multiracial Americans Are The Fastest-Growing Groups in U.S. | Fortune

"In fact, the most diverse generation is the nation’s youngest. Census figures show that of those born since 2000, nearly half—or 49%—belong to a race or ethnic group other than non-Hispanic white. "
More people to do work we won't do. Do you expect white people to work the fields? We never have and never will. We need a different race of people to do that for us. Vote Democrat 2018!

Old 06-17-2018, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
What do I propose? That the asylum seekers be treated like they are in the rest of the world and kept together as a family unit until they are processed, not treated as as criminals.

If the reason for detaining the parents is that they don't think they will appear in court then detain the children in the same facility as their parents - or release them with electronic monitoring devices. We release pre trial criminal detainees with ankle bracelets, why not asylum seekers?
Oh, I agree. And, on a plus, the more we allow in, the more that will come, so we will continue to be guaranteed a steady supply of cheap labor.

Old 06-17-2018, 08:36 AM

42,875 posts, read 26,406,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Still repeating your same old BS? Asylum seekers that show up at a legal port of entry and don't enter illegally are not separated from their kids. Why do you continue with this same old lie over and over in here? It's only those who enter illegally that are.

“Individual children are separated from their parents only when those parents cross the border illegally and are arrested,” he told Democratic Rep. Suzanne Bonamici of Oregon. “We can’t have children with parents who are in incarceration, so they are given to me. … So the best advice I have is, actually present yourself at a legal border crossing and make your case.”

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2...uprisings-acr/
Geezus... Azar was lyingor misinformed. I posted this here once already:

https://thinkprogress.org/health-sec...-94349d027a59/

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...sylum-families

https://theadvocatespost.org/2018/06...eaksasylumlaw/

Old 06-17-2018, 08:37 AM

63,085 posts, read 29,276,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
More people to do work we won't do. Do you expect white people to work the fields? We never have and never will. We need a different race of people to do that for us. Vote Democrat 2018!

I certainly hope you are being sarcastic. White people? Hmm last I looked there are a lot more than white people in this country so why would you just mention them? FYI, there are unlimited visas for legal, foreign field workers because it's not a career job for Americans regardless of their race and is only seasonal work. All other jobs illegal aliens have taken from Americans by working for less.

Old 06-17-2018, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I certainly hope you are being sarcastic. White people? Hmm last I looked there are a lot more than white people in this country so why would you just mention them? FYI, there are unlimited visas for legal, foreign field workers because it's not a career job for Americans regardless of their race and is only seasonal work. All other jobs illegal aliens have taken from Americans by working for less.
We need undocumented people to keep our food prices low. I am not willing to pay 2 cents more for a pound of tomatoes! If I had to pay my servants so called living wages, I would not have nearly as many. The Democrats put on a good front saying they want to help working people, but I know they aren't serious. I always vote 100% Democrat to keep my steady stream of cheap labor coming in for my business.

Old 06-17-2018, 08:44 AM

63,085 posts, read 29,276,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
We need undocumented people to keep our food prices low. I am not willing to pay 2 cents more for a pound of tomatoes! If I had to pay my servants so called living wages, I would not have nearly as many. The Democrats put on a good front saying they want to help working people, but I know they aren't serious. I always vote 100% Democrat to keep my steady stream of cheap labor coming in for my business.

Again, if you are being sarcastic then please use this icon..... No such thing as an undocumented they are illegal aliens. No, they don't keep our food prices lower the growers that use them do not pass any savings on to the consumer they merely pocket the profits from paying them less while they pass their enormous social costs on us. Only 2% of illegals are picking crops anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies