Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2018, 08:16 AM

6,794 posts, read 3,408,615 times

Advertisements

They can protest all they want, but the law is clear. The only reason for the controversy is because the Trump Administration is enforcing the law. When Obama did the same thing, nobody said a word. We all know why that doesn't that get any media coverage and why it's blown way out of proportion now.

If a person is seeking asylum, and does so legally, they will not get separated from their families. It's not hard to understand. The problem seems to occur because people just don't like the law and expect the United States to take everyone that comes here. Asylum requires a valid reason, and just coming from a squalid country with high crime isn't one of them.

Nobody is against legal immigration, and if someone comes here illegally they have to accept the consequences. Sneaking across the border isn't on par with robbing a bank, but it IS a crime nonetheless.

Old 06-17-2018, 08:17 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,400,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post
Here is one soution. Any business that hires an illegal gets shut diwn. It is as easy as that.
That would ruin me as a business owner. At the very least, I would not be able to have as many cars or take as many vacations. I for one am not willing to pay 1 cent more for a head of lettuce!

Old 06-17-2018, 08:19 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,379,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
It has nothing to do with being a Trump supporter or not. If you break the law in America it is a guarantee that you will be separated from your family. Why should someone that sneaks across the border illegally be treated any differently?

Should we have one set of laws for citizens and another for illegal aliens ?

I know that we have a separate set of laws to the higher echelon of the ruling caste of Democrats (Hillary) but the Liberals cannot expect America to bend established laws just because there is children involved.

Everyday you have a choice to make in whether you will go out and break laws that will get you arrested and put in jail away from your family. What stops you?

Illegal aliens have to know that the Welcome mat has been rolled up, there is a new sheriff in town and he is for enforcing the laws of the land.

That new sheriff in town flaunts the laws. Right now he is testing as to how much he can get away with like Hitler did. If he had his way he would what the dictators he admires do. He would kill.

Old 06-17-2018, 08:19 AM

89,473 posts, read 45,156,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
Speaking of big fat lies. We're discussing births IN THE USA, not Mexico. Funny how they have less children, when they actually have to pay for them.

Are you really that naive?
Correct. That other data posted is irrelevant. More info here:

Immigrant moms boosted births in 48 states since 1990 | Pew Research Center

Old 06-17-2018, 08:20 AM

24,102 posts, read 15,210,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remingtonrand View Post
You come here illegally and you get arrested you do not have rights to be with family any more than a bank robber does. The libidiots love the law when they can use it but hate it when it goes against them. Getting a blow job in the oval office is fine and no ones business but when its Trump having a possible affair with a pron star is the end of the world. LOL They reall are mentally ill these liberals. TRUMP 2020
I know of no Democrat who was fine with Clinton's escapades.

Nobody cares about Trump's , either. The problem with Stormy and the other one is them being paid off to hush just before the election. IMO, had his dalliances been known, it would not have any effect on his voters. Everybody knew he was an old horn dog, just like Clinton.

I seriously think Monica was planted to entice Clinton. Why save the dress and tell her friend? And her friend just happened to know Lucianne Goldberg, Jonah's mom?

9,694 posts, read 7,428,668 times
how come none of this came up when obama was in office, its his policy

7,519 posts, read 2,824,929 times
Trump is doing what he got elected to do with regard to immigration. Why this is news to anyone is beyond me. If you don't like the laws we have then get your elected officials to change them.

Old 06-17-2018, 08:22 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,400,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Correct. That other data posted is irrelevant. More info here:

Immigrant moms boosted births in 48 states since 1990 | Pew Research Center
I say let them all in and let them have as many children as they can. It has worked wonders in California. Rich people like me can get wealthier because we have an endless supply of cheap labor and can have as many servants as we want.

Thank God the Democrats are trying to implement this nation-wide. I personally do not care if middle and working class Americans suffer, they should start a business.

Old 06-17-2018, 08:22 AM

46,382 posts, read 27,252,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post
That new sheriff in town flaunts the laws. Right now he is testing as to how much he can get away with like Hitler did. If he had his way he would what the dictators he admires do. He would kill.

Enforcing current laws is now flaunting.....

How stupid is that?

Old 06-17-2018, 08:23 AM

7,519 posts, read 2,824,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
I say let them all in and let them have as many children as they can. It has worked wonders in California. Rich people like me can get wealthier because we have an endless supply of cheap labor and can have as many servants as we want.

Thank God the Democrats are trying to implement this nation-wide. I personally do not care if middle and working class Americans suffer, they should start a business.
Just keep them where you are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies