Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2018, 05:33 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I couldn't rep you again but...

My former next door neighbors were legal immigrants. The husband came here as a child. He told me that his parents waited 10 years to get permission to come here legally. I said to him, "Illegal immigration must make you angry." He said "yes".

Another former neighbor and her husband came here legally from South America. The wife told me that she doesn't like to see signage in Spanish because, in her words, in America you speak English. Needless to say, they were no fans of illegal aliens.
And the guys I'm talking about are on the cleaning crew in our building. I buy them lunch from time to time and we've had this discussion. They're from Mexico, have people waiting to do it right, and they're ticked off. And they're decent enough so they won't let that change their moral fiber by having their relatives come illegally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Meanwhile, employers can't find employees. The USA birthrate has dropped to the point it NEEDS immigration if the economy is to grow.

But, oh no. The alt-right and current government are on an anti-immigration crusade. Screw the need of those that will work for lower wages, screw those that want to make a better life and are NEEDED here.

They're brown, and don't look like us. We don't want them.
Reading comprehension problem? This isn't an anti-immigration crusade. Keep repeating that though because it shows your level of intelligence on the issue.

And nobody has a problem with brown-skinned people entering the country legally, not to mention, it's not just brown-skinned people entering illegally. Please educate yourself.

Quote:
There has to be more to the story, as Quebec has one of the broader coverages of all provinces, and hernias are certainly covered as a medical necessary procedure. If you get a chance, ask him how come, as something doesn't make sense.

No one in my family ever has paid any extra, and I've had the misfortune of a 3.5 month stay in an acute care hospital.
Why are you weighing in on illegal immigration in America?

Old 05-08-2018, 05:39 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Yes, they are. Trafficking children across international borders illegally is smuggling.
This is utter nonsense. We're talking about their own kids. trying to wordsmith into something else like this? You really have no shame in your urge to punish parents by traumatizing their children.

Old 05-08-2018, 05:46 PM

22,475 posts, read 12,011,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
This is utter nonsense. We're talking about their own kids. trying to wordsmith into something else like this? You really have no shame in your urge to punish parents by traumatizing their children.
Really? And how can you prove that they are their children? Can you be 100% sure that the adults weren't paid to smuggle them into the US?

Why would any decent parent put their kids through this knowing it is a dangerous thing to do? If they really wanted asylum, why didn't they apply to stay in Mexico? Don't you think it is traumatizing to the kids to be dragged through more than one country?

Old 05-08-2018, 06:05 PM

8,447 posts, read 4,756,035 times
Quote:
Meanwhile, employers can't find employees. The USA birthrate has dropped to the point it NEEDS immigration if the economy is to grow.
I thought robots were supposed to take all our jobs? Besides I don't see how unskilled third world labor working for slave wages helps the economy anyway. All it does is lower the standard of living for all who cannot afford to hide in walled off communities.

Old 05-08-2018, 06:15 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,598,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
I thought robots were supposed to take all our jobs? Besides I don't see how unskilled third world labor working for slave wages helps the economy anyway. All it does is lower the standard of living for all who cannot afford to hide in walled off communities.
Good luck finding fruits, vegetables, and getting lawn service.

Old 05-08-2018, 06:17 PM

6,232 posts, read 3,612,299 times
Quote:
I don't care who wrote it. It was taught to us at school over and over again how USA is a land of immigrants, one's who wanted to build a better life. It was taught to show how welcoming the USA was to those rejected in their own lands. And so were you. Don't pretend you were not. (unless you are a millenial, and then all bets are off.)
Did your school also teach you it's OK to break the law? Mine didn't.

Old 05-08-2018, 06:19 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,233,828 times
Quote:
It’s no problem. John Deere takes care of my acreage and there is no luck involved in the other.

Old 05-08-2018, 06:20 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Really? And how can you prove that they are their children? Can you be 100% sure that the adults weren't paid to smuggle them into the US?

Why would any decent parent put their kids through this knowing it is a dangerous thing to do? If they really wanted asylum, why didn't they apply to stay in Mexico? Don't you think it is traumatizing to the kids to be dragged through more than one country?
Pathetic. Seriously. No one rational is buying this line of nonsense. Please quit embarrassing yourself.

Old 05-08-2018, 06:49 PM

8,447 posts, read 4,756,035 times
Quote:
San Francisco is full of fruits, there are lots of vegetables in Washington and my son is getting old enough to mow the lawn.

Old 05-08-2018, 06:56 PM

22,475 posts, read 12,011,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Pathetic. Seriously. No one rational is buying this line of nonsense. Please quit embarrassing yourself.
I'm not embarrassing myself. After all, do some googling. You will see that I'm not the one who should be embarrassed.

You seriously doubt that illegals hand over their kids to the coyotes? Wow...just...wow. If you think that never happens, then you are really naive.

I noticed that you didn't answer any of the questions I posed and instead opted for name-calling. In other words, you have no credible argument.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies