Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2018, 04:30 PM

22,481 posts, read 12,014,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
This will make the red neck bigoted faction of Trump supporters really happy. The sick puppies they are.
Yet you don't find it "sick" that illegals pay coyotes who are perfect strangers to smuggle their kids into this country. Would you hand over your child to a coyote that you've never met and have him take your child hundreds of miles away? Many of these kids end up getting raped by the coyotes. Does all this make you happy?

Old 05-08-2018, 04:30 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,628,263 times
You know who is really pissed off that illegals keep getting a pass? People who waited to enter legally and have loved ones waiting to enter legally.

Old 05-08-2018, 04:31 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,750,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
The vast majority of the world does not separate families of people like this.
Because the vast majority of the world doesn't let people (and/or their children) come to their country illegally, and doesn't allow them to have kids in their country.

Old 05-08-2018, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
[/b]

For some reason, many here this is just A-OK to seperate children from their parents. These are not human beings I would care to be with.
Yet you think it's okay that illegals hand over their kids to coyotes who are perfect strangers to smuggle into this country? Some of these kids end up being raped by the coyotes.

You also have no problem with the fact that when Americans go to jail they are separated from their kids.

Talk about hypocrisy!

Old 05-08-2018, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
You know who is really pissed off that illegals keep getting a pass? People who waited to enter legally and have loved ones waiting to enter legally.
I couldn't rep you again but...

My former next door neighbors were legal immigrants. The husband came here as a child. He told me that his parents waited 10 years to get permission to come here legally. I said to him, "Illegal immigration must make you angry." He said "yes".

Another former neighbor and her husband came here legally from South America. The wife told me that she doesn't like to see signage in Spanish because, in her words, in America you speak English. Needless to say, they were no fans of illegal aliens.

Old 05-08-2018, 05:03 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,600,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Yeah, teachers are known for liberal brain washing these days. We are no longer a land of immigrants we are a nation of U.S. citizens. Our citizen population way out numbers our immigrant one. Time to shed that stupid label that is being used to force us to accept every poor and needy person in the world today that will end up being a burden to our society.

As I said, we allow in 1 million legal immigrants annually and also many refugees so what's your problem? Those who were born here were not rejected by any other lands as they aren't citizens of another land.

Meanwhile, employers can't find employees. The USA birthrate has dropped to the point it NEEDS immigration if the economy is to grow.

But, oh no. The alt-right and current government are on an anti-immigration crusade. Screw the need of those that will work for lower wages, screw those that want to make a better life and are NEEDED here.

They're brown, and don't look like us. We don't want them.

Old 05-08-2018, 05:05 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,600,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Quebec.

I didn't ask him for his life history and took him at his word.

He volunteered the information without me asking him for details......I have no reason to suspect that he's being intentionally deceptive.
There has to be more to the story, as Quebec has one of the broader coverages of all provinces, and hernias are certainly covered as a medical necessary procedure. If you get a chance, ask him how come, as something doesn't make sense.

No one in my family ever has paid any extra, and I've had the misfortune of a 3.5 month stay in an acute care hospital.

Old 05-08-2018, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Meanwhile, employers can't find employees. The USA birthrate has dropped to the point it NEEDS immigration if the economy is to grow.

But, oh no. The alt-right and current government are on an anti-immigration crusade. Screw the need of those that will work for lower wages, screw those that want to make a better life and are NEEDED here.

They're brown, and don't look like us. We don't want them.
What you're proposing is nothing but a Ponzi scheme. How many people will be too many for you? 1 billion? 2 billion? India has more than 1 billion people and Bangalore doesn't have enough potable water. Is that what you want for this country?

And what happens when all these people you want to come in retire? Do we bring in even more people? The problem with Ponzi schemes is that they all come crashing down.

We don't need anymore people. How old are you? Do you remember what it was like before we got infested with illegal aliens? Americans did all those jobs---and they still do. Back then Americans were paid a decent wage to do those jobs. Meatpacking and poultry plants paid enough to propel their employees into the lower middle class. Then along came illegals and the wages were depressed.

BTW, not all illegals are "brown'. What a bigoted, racist remark. In the past, ICE has deported illegals back to 189 countries. 189 countries covers every race, religion and ethnicity. I'm of Hispanic descent and don't want illegals here---no matter where they are from.

Old 05-08-2018, 05:19 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,374,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
I do not use that term loosely and did not yet use it in this thread.

HOWEVER, this policy is as close to a Nazi tactic as I can imagine.
Then you're just as ignorant of history as the rest of the liberals tossing around the term Nazi. This is NOTHING like what the Nazis did.

Old 05-08-2018, 05:28 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Wait until the word gets out about this little kink in the stream. Women will not be hauling their kid as sympathy any longer.
Did they think we were going to welcome them with open arms?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies