Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 10:48 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
I partly agree with this. I'd go so far to say that illegal immigrants are the winners in all of this

Now they can continue to pipeline unaccompanied minors and children with smugglers up to our borders and be given a pass for to get in

The left created a fake narrative and then ran with it. The media spread it like wildfire to the point where people were believing we were running another Auschwitz

Now the Pope, 4 exFirst Ladies, the PM of the England, and the UN are parroting the nonsense.

And now Trump needs a legislative win on Thursday to make it appear as if he isn't giving into the fringe left.

At the end of the day, this doesn't really solve anything for Trump, the Left will manufacture another crises before the Summer is out and right before the mid terms because they'll need it.

You can bookmark this and come back in September and you'll see that I was right
There is no proof that keeping families together is a pipeline for smugglers.

You have zero evidence of this.

It's purely hypothetical, made up fiction for your biased opinion.

Old 06-20-2018, 10:49 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,806,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Don't worry----that's all going to be part of the deal.

He just played the Democrats big time!
Oh Lord. This country is so scary right now. Amazing.

Old 06-20-2018, 10:49 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,888,749 times
Quote:
Give me a break! We now see your true colors! [b]Whatever he does is a win for [/B]America, and a win for him. There will be many stipulations and Congressional action for a change.

You people just lost another fight with our great President!

Can't wait for Nancy to take the microphone!
"Whatever he (Trump) does is a win for America..."

Right, so much winning - *****-grabbing, Russian collaborations, terrorizing small children, mob conniving, multiple bankruptcies,nepotism, offending our (former) allies from Mexico, Canada, Germany, France and England, love affair with Vladimir Putin, bromance with Kim Jong Un...cheating on a wife with a newborn child, charges of raping a thirteen year old, destructive tariffs on products essential to the states' economies, paying for another bed partner abortion, habitual lying, selling off our national public lands to the highest bidder, killing lions and tigers and bears and wolves and elephants, oh, my...

So much winning.

No thanks, I think I'd welcome your version of "losing" instead.

Old 06-20-2018, 10:50 AM

764 posts, read 234,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Just wanted to provide a source in case anyone cries that this is "fake news"

“We’re going to be signing an executive order in a little while,” Mr. Trump said Wednesday. “We’ve got to be keeping families together."
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/20/u...ive-order.html
We need to see what the order says...... remember, I said this ends up with the children being detained with the parents until adjudication. No more catch and release. I still believe that this will be the case. I also think this puts the democrats in a precarious position. If they challenge with a lawsuit, then Trump rescinds the order and blames them. Like I said, I believe this was the end game all along. Remember< I am no Trump fan, just an observer.

923 posts, read 494,756 times
Quote:

Yes he did! And they're so busy patting themselves on the back they don't even see it. Then again most leftists don't have the gray matter to see it once it's spelled out for them.

12,755 posts, read 9,641,738 times
Quote:

Bending to pressure is playing the Dems??

hahahahahahahaha

The Dems are getting what they want RIGHT NOW!

The cheeto has to eat crow!

Old 06-20-2018, 10:51 AM

22,447 posts, read 11,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
Just saw this on the news.......Trump Administration spending $450 MILLION dollars to "care," for children separated from their parents. What is wrong with this picture? Trump is such a cad. When will he grow up and quit terrorizing the world? He does not seem happy unless he is causing chaos. If he is so unhappy in his job, he should resign!!!!!

Dropping out of the Human Rights at the UN says it all about this current administration.
So...you don't care that some of these kids are being trafficked. How nice of you/sarcasm.

You want to give them back to the adults who brought them here---no questions asked. Never mind that you support giving them back to traffickers.

In other words, none of you even really care about these kids. You all also have no problem when Americans get arrested, go to jail and are separated from their kids. Yet you scream, cry and engage in vile name-calling when it happens to illegal aliens.

What wrong with you libs?

9,837 posts, read 4,632,444 times
Trump is GETTING CRUSHED with his new policy to TERRORISE children. His admin will find a way to reverse this policy because they are losing votes every hour they keep it up.

Trump thought he could hold the kids hostage but all he has done is expose just how ugly and cruel he really is.

Session is being charged by his church, 639 members of his church are asking him to stop AND to fix the damage Sessions (at the behest of Trump) is doing . They have said they are NOT looking to remove Sessions from the church.. Which really means stop or we will seek to remove you from the church.

Trump has once again tried to use his gangster tactics, this time targeting families, moms and children, toddlers, newborns...

Baby prison?

It is amazing how in Trump's twisted world he thinks putting babies in prison is going to 1) force his opponents to vote his way 2) Win support for those running in Nov.

I find it hard to believe any of the trump supporters here can genuinely look themselves in the mirror and support these policies

6,454 posts, read 7,007,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
You do what's best for the kids. In a foreign country with no support system? Taking kids away from their parents to quarantine them elsewhere is clearly adding trauma to an already traumatizing situation. To do so as a deliberate deterrent? That's evil.

And the fact that so many people in the US are willing to shrug it off as a tough-but-necessary measure is goddamn terrifying.
How are they traumatized when most of them came up here alone? How are they traumatized when we can't even verify that the adults that some of them came up with are even family members or their parents? How is their"evil" when nothing "good" was done to get us to this place?

You guys remind me of many of my clients when I was a case worker removing abused and neglected children from their homes. They cried--so the children cried, regardless for the reason. The kids only cried in many cases because they saw he parents crying--even if the parents were guilty of abuse or neglect

Old 06-20-2018, 10:52 AM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
You want to give them back to the adults who brought them here---no questions asked.
Look at that, a lie!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies