Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 11:35 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,227,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Bending to pressure is playing the Dems??

hahahahahahahaha

The Dems are getting what they want RIGHT NOW!

The cheeto has to eat crow!

You are so naive. Trump has vowed since day 1 to end catch-and-release. But practically, this is not possible if we charge illegal entrants with a civil offense because the courts have ruled that families cannot be detained together more than 20 days but it takes many weeks to resolve cases.

So he has them charged criminally and separates families and waits for the Dems to howl and rave and demand someone do something to keep families together. Enter executive order over-riding Flores and authorizing detention of families until cases are resolved.

If you think this is what Dems wanted then why did they spend years in court getting those rulings in the first place? Tell me this is what Dems wanted when in the upcoming days they are scrambling to file lawsuits and get the courts to block this executive order.

Old 06-20-2018, 11:36 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,088,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Tuesday on trump's separation of families:
"Congress alone can fix it.”

Today...oh never mind.
Trump and Nielsen - LIARS.

https://twitter.com/PhilipRucker/sta...78455535308800

Old 06-20-2018, 11:37 AM

764 posts, read 235,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
You can't deny the pretzel logic of Trump signing an Executive Order to stop a policy he himself implemented.
Reminds me of Dr. Strangelove combating his disobedient arm.
In this case the logic may work........ if the order says that families will be detained together until adjudication it will likely be challenged in court. Then Trump will rescind the order and claim victory by saying he tried and was stopped.

20,722 posts, read 16,381,989 times
Just out:

President Trump abruptly reversed course Wednesday, saying he would sign an executive order ending family separations at the U.S.-Mexico border after a public uproar over his administration’s “zero tolerance” immigration policy.
“We have to be very strong on the border but at the same time we want to be very compassionate,” Trump said at the White House during a meeting with lawmakers that was opened to the media.

Aaawwwww - whatta softie! Warms the cockles of my heart - until he flips his lid again.

42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
You are so naive. Trump has vowed since day 1 to end catch-and-release. But practically, this is not possible if we charge illegal entrants with a civil offense because the courts have ruled that families cannot be detained together more than 20 days but it takes many weeks to resolve cases.
So he has them charged criminally and separates families and waits for the Dems to howl and rave and demand someone do something to keep families together. Enter executive order over-riding Flores and authorizing detention of families until cases are resolved.
If you think this is what Dems wanted then why did they spend years in court getting those rulings in the first place? Tell me this is what Dems wanted when in the upcoming days they are scrambling to file lawsuits and get the courts to block this executive order.
Naive is probably preferable to being a cult member.

Old 06-20-2018, 11:38 AM

28,900 posts, read 30,279,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
Here is what is wrong. Criminals come in all races. Trump singled out one particular race to focus on. That's racism. The party that gave us the most anti racist President in our history has done a complete 180.
no he didn't, he didn't single out one single race, what he singled out was crossing THE BOARDER, so.....
and he hasn't done a complete 180, he and others in the White House has said, he doesn't want to divide families.

Yanno, no matter what he does, your going to call him names...he is doing what he was elected to do, stop the influx of people who don't respect America enough to become American citizens, instead, they chose to come in illegally...and as hard as you try to condone your feelings on this, you call him and us racists for wanting to close the boarder and have our laws, (which are already on the books) adhered to, once and for all...that's it. And btw, a whole lot of people changed their political affiliations b/c they wanted this also...

When a society ignores laws, a decline in society starts...we are there....

You would really love to convince yourself that obeying the laws is racist, but you couldn't be stating a more illogical and ridiculous statement.

I voted for Obama, in his first term, and yet, b/c I disagreed with his policies, I was called a racist....

Enough with the race card, it's old.

Old 06-20-2018, 11:38 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Check your newsfeed. trump is signing an Exec Order to reverse his own policy. He lives at the other end of Pennsylvania Ave.

Congress makes law. And Congress made this law(policy) This was congressional policy(legislation that was now being enforced) There is a lot of the 1986 Green Card Act, that has never been enforced.

Trump is forcing them to change it, because an EO is reserved for eminent harm to our nation, where congress would be too slow and it would be too late to save the Republic, not other nations people, that have no business here and have violated our law....
Trump signs an EO, it will be challenged in court.

Trump is wanting Congress to fix it.

Old 06-20-2018, 11:39 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,651,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
You clearly do not understand what you are seeing. Wait until you see the howling and legal challenges to his "fold" and you will realize that this is NOT the solution the Dems had in mind when they started this propaganda campaign.
Now the truth is propaganda!

Only in Cheetoland.

Old 06-20-2018, 11:39 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,020,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Oh My God, damed if he does, damed if he doesn't. Geeze Louise, I don't believe you....
Shoutout to all the fake christians defending him vigorously for 400+ pages...

Spitting in the face of Jesus was all for naught...

The nitwit in chief has found his medication and has had a moment of clarity... have no fear though. He's already lost the pill bottle again.

Old 06-20-2018, 11:40 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Yup threw her under the bus did Trump.

One of the perks of being in his Administration.
Yup -- these folks have to be ready. He has no loyalty. That could be a good or very bad thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies