Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 12:11 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,991,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
Yes, Trump wants to be a dictator. He's so ignorant he doesn't know how Presidents are supposed to function.
You must be thinking of The Late Imperialistic Lord King Hussein Obama? KING OF EXECUTIVE ORDERS. That guy signed so many illegal EO's he probably needed a wrist brace from the carpal tunnel .

Old 06-20-2018, 12:11 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,639,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
they act like little kids when they can't win, and when they get they're way, he's still no good....

and yet, Obama and Clinton who by the way, put this law into effect, (that's how much they know)....exercised this very same law....but nothing was ever said about it....press didn't cover it...it was ok then....

OK quote it.
Quote the law, and the actual verbiage.
Remember anyone can shout 'law" but can you quote the law and the words that say trump must do this?

as i have said to other Trump supporters who claim there is a law, quote it, prove it, do it or you have NOTHING!

If such a law exists QUOTE THE LAW , QUOTE THE VERBIAGE THAT REQUIRES TRUMP'S POLICY.

Old 06-20-2018, 12:12 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
We finally reached the bottom!
Oh, dare to dream.

Old 06-20-2018, 12:13 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,227,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
NOPE.

You are just repeating the "fake" "made up" bs you hear from Trump's propaganda outlets.

If such a law exists QUOTE THE LAW , QUOTE THE VERBIAGE THAT REQUIRES TRUMP'S POLICY.

But you won't cause you can't.

A federal judge in California has ruled that the Obama administration’s detention of children and their mothers who were caught crossing the border illegally is a serious violation of a longstanding court settlement, and that the families should be released as quickly as possible.
https://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/26/u...ee-ruling.html

A federal judge in California has ruled that the Obama administration’s detention of children and their mothers who were caught crossing the border illegally is a serious violation of a longstanding court settlement, and that the families should be released as quickly as possible.

Old 06-20-2018, 12:14 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,269,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
What will be even more bizarre is when the cult all starts jumping up and down giving him props for this move. Like Sarah Huckabee Sanders, they will pretend they didn't just spend days arguing about how this was all out of Trump's hands. How the poor man wanted to do the right thing but the big, bad Congress was stopping him.

And they will be impervious when their complete 360 is pointed out to them. In fact, they will probably believe they never changed their minds--that they always knew Trump would do this. It's the, "We have always been at war with Eurasia," disconnect to reality.
The other day, a pundit was was comparing Trump to an arsonist, who then takes credit for putting out the fire he started. i.e., bringing us to the brink of nuclear war, then taking credit for 'fixing it.'

Now--he's been blasting Dems for his own policy, which can be reversed with a phone call, and seems like the same situation. And I don't for a minute believe any GOP in Congress influenced him.

7,825 posts, read 4,568,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
They ran her out of the Mexican restaurant before she could eat her Taco.
Considering it's probable a large part of the kitchen and waitstaff are Latino, she might have just walked away from an understandable spit taco.

9,837 posts, read 4,639,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Huh? I was responding to someone who mentioned no way to get kids back to parents. I was explaining how fingerprints *could* easily ensure this. I'm not even saying this is what is being done, just what should be done.

As far as the law, I'd done that many times. It's the Flores Agreement and the many court rulings upholding it that says families cannot be kept in civil detention together more than 20 days. Cases are taking 6 weeks and more to resolve. Trump cannot under current law keep families detained together for 6 weeks.
NO, Quote it.

Quote the verbiage requiring Trump to split up families...

12,970 posts, read 9,662,326 times
The bottom line is that this whole thing blew up in Trump's face. He thought he could use these kids to get what he want from the dems, but I heard on tv that his own wife and daughter might have played a big role in his reversal. It just simply backfired from world wide condemnation.

29,521 posts, read 22,668,047 times
Breaking news, Trump to stop separations of children from parents.

Old 06-20-2018, 12:15 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
They could reunite them with DNA.

Ancestry.com could help.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies