Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 12:46 PM

29,521 posts, read 22,668,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Just saw that. Even Emperor Trump has to answer to the people. It's about time.

And what about all the arguments that his supporters presented here for this sickening policy? What will they say now?
I support Trump, but I certainly wasn't one of those gleefully making light of the kids. Their parents may have broken laws coming here, but they don't deserve to be separated into cages and left to the mercy of who knows what kind of predators are in that environment.

Sometimes you don't realize what you are doing until you see the results. At least Trump realized there are better ways of handling this situation.

Old 06-20-2018, 12:47 PM

589 posts, read 300,281 times
Yup, and this is how we lose our country and how the globalist and the new world order are winning. Without unity, we as Americans have no chance to win this war. Yes, we lost this battle with the elitist biased run media along with the supporters of these Illegal sympathizers and it's getting even harder to prevent the destruction of this country without even shooting a bullet with the traitors and their propaganda machine that support these Illegals.

Hope Trump signs an EO to deny any type of due process to these illegal crossers so they can be turned around and denied access to US immediately. They can keep their child and stay in Mexico.

Old 06-20-2018, 12:48 PM

10,535 posts, read 6,169,672 times
So, the 51 Christians and 46 non Christians who supported separating children from their parents at the border, I hope you had a good think about that.

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
At the moment, we are waiting for the link to:

- Evidence that DNA swabs show that most of these these kids aren't even related the adults that hauled them across hell and gone to get here.

- Law that mandates separating children from their parents.

- Any proof whatsoever that "Obama did it too."

- What else?

7,982 posts, read 4,290,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
All the Presidents before Trump chose to prosecute that law in a compassionate and common sense way. Trump was the first to choose to go down this path, just in order to use these children as a bargaining chip. And people are NOT going to forget it. I've encountered many scummy people in my lifetime - we all have; but Trump is the worst of the lot. There is nothing this guy won't do or try. Why would anyone ever trust him?
Nailed it.

Cult 45 doesn’t trust him. They’re just dug in. They’d rather that than admit to being conned.

Old 06-20-2018, 12:50 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I support Trump, but I certainly wasn't one of those gleefully making light of the kids. Their parents may have broken laws coming here, but they don't deserve to be separated into cages and left to the mercy of who knows what kind of predators are in that environment.

Sometimes you don't realize what you are doing until you see the results. At least Trump realized there are better ways of handling this situation.
There we go. That's the ticket.

Once Melania explained how the images looked to those with human emotions, and McConnell explained that not a single Republican was going back his despicable move, Trump "realized there are better ways."

Good to know. Good to know.

Old 06-20-2018, 12:50 PM

10,535 posts, read 6,169,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
You can't make this stuff up: Michael Cohen, Trump's "personal lawyer", has just resigned from the RNC, citing personal opposition to the sight of small children in cages.

Oh, my, Cohen has found his long-lost conscience.

Or if not his newfound conscience, Cohen has spotted an potential opportunity to have his sins washed white as snow.

Whatever next.

Old 06-20-2018, 12:52 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,715,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
The building outrage about the kids being separated from their law breaking parents at the border is really showing the country the problem that is going on down there.

Just how many people try to sneak in to America on a daily basis?

Without enforced borders we don't have a country but that seems to be what the Left is aiming for.

What will happen to us if they get their way in 2020 or 2024 and the borders are opened and amnesty granted to millions of once illegal immigrants. What will happen when the great Liberal experiment fails on a national scale?

A zero tolerance policy of separating kids from their parents while the parents are being processed is harsh but is it any harsher than what the Dems would propose when it comes to rewriting the Second Amendment and removing the Right to bear arms from millions of law abiding citizens?
You left out the necessary references to Hillary and Obama.

Old 06-20-2018, 12:53 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,639,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Come on you guys.

If you are just going to lie about everything. (It's the law. Obama did it too. These kids are all being trafficked. ...), these discussions aren't going to be much fun.

What else can they do? They either have to admit Trump is lying or they have to pretend to believe him..

they all knew Trump was lying, but they now too embarrassed to change position after defending it so aggressively. They shouted "LAW" a million times and then trump betrayed them by folding like he always does.

Trump is the folder in chief ...

Old 06-20-2018, 12:54 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Nailed it.

Cult 45 doesn’t trust him. They’re just dug in. They’d rather that than admit to being conned.
lol no kidding and now they are either claiming that this is
  • Part of a long term plan intended to harm democrats
  • A brilliant strategy
  • Just a temporary setback
or they just ramble incoherently and twist in the wind
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies