Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 12:15 PM

8,312 posts, read 3,931,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Breaking news, Trump to stop separations of children from parents.
Just saw that. Even Emperor Trump has to answer to the people. It's about time.

And what about all the arguments that his supporters presented here for this sickening policy? What will they say now?

Old 06-20-2018, 12:15 PM

46,964 posts, read 26,005,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
It’ll be interesting to see the cultists change direction on this issue.
They've already declared it a victory. People who have abandoned the idea that truth has any value aren't going to be ashamed of lying.

Old 06-20-2018, 12:16 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,290,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Considering it's probable a large part of the kitchen and waitstaff are Latino, she might have just walked away from a spit taco.
Absolutely true. The protesters probably did her a solid.

Old 06-20-2018, 12:16 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,652,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero

oh..but, but.. they saw pictures on the Communist News Network

Unaccompanied minors:
• The U.S. Refugee Resettlement sees an estimated 2,100 unaccompanied children on any given day
Explain to me how children from 6 months old to the age of ten traveled thousands of miles UNACCOMPANIED.

Old 06-20-2018, 12:17 PM

46,964 posts, read 26,005,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I will state this again: Anyone who tries to uphold a law, that is already on the books, IS NOT Racist....
How interesting.

Old 06-20-2018, 12:17 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,639,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
A federal judge in California has ruled that the Obama administration’s detention of children and their mothers who were caught crossing the border illegally is a serious violation of a longstanding court settlement, and that the families should be released as quickly as possible.
https://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/26/u...ee-ruling.html

A federal judge in California has ruled that the Obama administration’s detention of children and their mothers who were caught crossing the border illegally is a serious violation of a longstanding court settlement, and that the families should be released as quickly as possible.

YOU ARE NOT QUOTING THE LAW.

SO AGAIN QUOTE THE ACTUAL LAW. THE WORDS THAT SAY TRUMP MUST DO IT THIS WAY.

No such law exists thus you have still not quoted it...

Old 06-20-2018, 12:18 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,733,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
You must be thinking of The Late Imperialistic Lord King Hussein Obama? KING OF EXECUTIVE ORDERS. That guy signed so many illegal EO's he probably needed a wrist brace from the carpal tunnel .
Barry's wrist has been limp since birth.

Old 06-20-2018, 12:20 PM

8,312 posts, read 3,931,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
YOU ARE NOT QUOTING THE LAW.

SO AGAIN QUOTE THE ACTUAL LAW. THE WORDS THAT SAY TRUMP MUST DO IT THIS WAY.

No such law exists thus you have still not quoted it...
And now, Trump is agreeing to stop this policy if you have not heard. It's going to be hilarious watching the Trump cultists twist, turn, flip and flop trying to justify why he changed his mind.

Old 06-20-2018, 12:21 PM

1,289 posts, read 938,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Let's not forget had these people gone to/through the Port Of Entry like non criminals do every single day they'd not have been arrested or separated from their children.

The problem is they entered ILLEGALLY as in NOT at the Port Of Entry, but the hand wringers forget that or chose to ignore it as it doesn't fit their "I hate Trump" meme...
In recent days news organizations like cbs, washington post, npr, and many others have been reporting that asylum seekers at legal points of entry are being turned away. Some are camping out nearby so they can keep trying to be allowed to enter (under the international agreements that the U.S. has long been a party to) and other immigrants choose to walk over to illegal ports of entry and try to get in there. Whichever path they are able to use has the same result: parents and children are separated. This is one of the factors that contributed to the public outcry.

Old 06-20-2018, 12:22 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,903,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Fingerprints are enough. Much quicker and cheaper to capture and compare than DNA. Fingerprints can be digitized and looked up just looking up a product price by scanning a barcode.

This is about families being taken in together. We only need to connect a child to the parent that was accompanying them. DNA might be advisable for unaccompanied children but that is not the issue at hand.

The processing of a family might go like this on day 1:

Father, assign alien id 1001, take fingerprint, link to 1002/1003/1004

Mother, assign alien id 1002, take fingerprint, link to 1001/1003/1004

Child1, assign alien id 1003, take fingerprint, link to 1001/1002/1004

Child2, assign alien id 1004, take fingerprint, link to 1001/1002/1003
Do you have any evidence that this was or is being done, though?

I heard an interview on NPR a day or so ago in which a mother stated that she and others held with her who were applying for asylum were given pieces of paper that were supposed to bear their children's names and locations. Trouble was, it wasn't her kids' names on that paper. And there didn't seem to be anyone around to whom she could report this.

At least she was able to speak to a reporter, so I hope things were straightened out, but when you're dealing with thousands of children, few of whom speak English and many of whom are too young to talk at all, careless mistakes of this kind can have extremely tragic consequences. Innocent children can get lost in the shuffle, literally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies